• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU to the Big 12 in the next two days...

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. VT may have a bar. ND has tons. If VTech plays a game in Philly, NYC or Chicago, then fans might travel there for the game. If ND goes to one of those cities, the fans that live there are enough to pack the stadium.

2. ND doesn't pump out grads, the vast majority of the fanbase has no tie to the school. If only alumni were fans, ND would be as big as Wake Forest.

3. GT gives you the Atlanta market? Huh? And no, VT does not give you the DC area either.

Coming from someone who has lived in the DC area all of his life.....you are an idiot.

You are so out of whack and antiquated in your view on most of these things, it is disturbing. The Big Ten wants the BTN on the cable and satellite boxes in the city. GT gets all the regional coverage, along with UGA in Atlanta, so the BTN will be there. Same goes for the Hokies, in DC. Yu vastly overestimate the ND fanbase throughout the country. Hell, the demographic is aging as well. You may as well call the ND bars "speakeasies" because at this point, that is what it is. I live in Pittsburgh and just looked online, and found two Notre Dame bars in the entire city.

I am seriously done discussing this with you, because you are delusional and so out of touch with what is actually going on in college football right now, it hurts my brain to converse with you. Go back to you Domer boards where they also have no idea what is going on. I will continue to provide the real info here. Thanks!

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North: Notre Dame, Pitt, Syracuse, UConn, Maryland, Boston College, Virginia and Virgina Tech.
South: Duke, Carolina, Miami, Clemson, Georgia Tech, North Carolina State, Wake Forest and Florida State.

the problem i see here is that means there will never again be a Miami vs FSU ACC CG!.....oh wait....

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bowl game has nothing to do with being independent.

It's all about the fanbase. We don't have a state that's ours. We don't have a geographic territory locked down. If our fans consisted of just northern Indiana, we would have a high-school sized stadium.

Our fans come from Seattle to Miami to Boston to San Diego. Hell, we even have more international fan clubs than most teams have in the US. If we join a conference, we resign to putting almost all of our games in a small tiny area of the country, and gradually, we would lose our national fanbase.

... and you're actually bragging about this? Sheesh, I knew most ND fans were arrogant pricks, but good Lord... :L

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem i see here is that means there will never again be a Miami vs FSU ACC CG!.....oh wait....

Pretty clear that VT would be playing Clemson every year for the ACC CG...

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
El Oh El at DC being a VT town. It's the same as NYC, being a mix match of multiple fanbases.

No one team gives you the DC market.

And LMAO at your cluelessness with the BTN. The deal nearly blew up because cable companies didn't think PSU had enough of a draw to warrant PA getting the channel. There is no way in hell cable companies will start charging GA residents more just for GTech joining the B10. It's an SEC state.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. VT may have a bar. ND has tons. If VTech plays a game in Philly, NYC or Chicago, then fans might travel there for the game. If ND goes to one of those cities, the fans that live there are enough to pack the stadium.

2. ND doesn't pump out grads, the vast majority of the fanbase has no tie to the school. If only alumni were fans, ND would be as big as Wake Forest.

3. GT gives you the Atlanta market? Huh? And no, VT does not give you the DC area either.

you're right...i forgot that most ND fans in our generation came from the movie Rudy...once TBS stops replaying that ND's fan base is really going to be hurting

shameless bump because i hate when my post get lost as the last post of a page, lol

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
El Oh El at DC being a VT town. It's the same as NYC, being a mix match of multiple fanbases.

And LMAO at your cluelessness with the BTN. The deal nearly blew up because cable companies didn't think PSU had enough of a draw to warrant PA getting the channel. There is no way in hell cable companies will start charging GA residents more just for GTech joining the B10. It's an SEC state.

... you do realize how many undergrads PSU pumps out each year, right? I can all but guarantee that 80-90% of them are football fans.

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

4 pods of 4 might be an option too, though it would be difficult figuring out how to split the south, as you couldn't just put the 4 carolina schools together.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can not emphasize this enough to you.....

You are a fan and nothing more than that and see this through those eyes only. You are pissed that the free ride you were getting with the Big East is dying on the vine and now think that you call the shots. You don't. You think that you understand the BTN deal. You don't. You think that you understand regional TV coverage and market shares. You don't. Please just sit back and lurk in these threads because you make your self look more clueless with every comment.:L

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
... you do realize how many undergrads PSU pumps out each year, right? I can all but guarantee that 80-90% of them are football fans.

Most of PA, especially Eastern PA, couldn't care less about college football. You ask someone would you rather have the Eagles/Steelers win 1 more game, or PSU win 10 more games, and a majority of people choose the former.

Hell, the Temple vs. PSU game in Philadelphia had thousands of empty seats this year.

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can not emphasize this enough to you.....

You are a fan and nothing more than that and see this through those eyes only. You are pissed that the free ride you were getting with the Big East is dying on the vine and now think that you call the shots. You don't. You think that you understand the BTN deal. You don't. You think that you understand regional TV coverage and market shares. You don't. Please just sit back and lurk in these threads because you make your self look more clueless with every comment.:L

If VT was even 1/10th as popular as you claim that they are, UVa wouldn't have had to cry 24/7 to get the ACC to take you over Syracuse.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard yesterday on ESPn that if Mizzou comes to the SEC, they will be putin the East.

Also yesterday, I heard that the SEC was finalizing the 13 team schedule. One of the AD's said that there was no discussion of a 14 team schedule. Of course we should be used to mixed signals from SEC officials.

I don't want either, but tell me, how much sense does it make for WVU to go o the Big12 & Mizzou to the SEC.

Sounds fucking retarded to me.

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you never know, sir

if Missouri can have a football coach that saves all 3 timeouts for a 4th quarter comeback then uses two of them to ice his own kicker

they can file to leave the Big 12 thinking they could get in the SEC only to be rejected.

they'd just end up in the big least

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the B12 wants to upgrade SOS, the SEC needs to throw some rocks in the meat grinder schedule, works out perfect

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If VT was even 1/10th as popular as you claim that they are, UVa wouldn't have had to cry 24/7 to get the ACC to take you over Syracuse.

This conversation has had absolutely nothing to do with Virginia Tech. Your comment just shows how butt ass hurt you really are right now.

I have made one comment about VT, that it would get the BTN on DC television, which it would. Every VT game is covered regionally in DC. They have a DC FM feed for radio coverage and daily coverage in their newspapers with dedicated beat reporters.

This conversation is about Notre Dame and where they fit. My connections on the comments that I am saying are in the Big Ten and ACC, not some message board fans on a Notre Dame site.

As for your comment about UVA, well, thanks to them, we came in and kicked the shit out of their conference for the better half of our existence there. I will take winning on the field over "team bars" any time. Notre Dame is, no was, a great bandwagon school. It is too bad that they are garbage between the lines.

IrishFutbol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This conversation has had absolutely nothing to do with Virginia Tech. Your comment just shows how butt ass hurt you really are right now.

I have made one comment about VT, that it would get the BTN on DC television, which it would. Every VT game is covered regionally in DC. They have a DC FM feed for radio coverage and daily coverage in their newspapers with dedicated beat reporters.

This conversation is about Notre Dame and where they fit. My connections on the comments that I am saying are in the Big Ten and ACC, not some message board fans on a Notre Dame site.

As for your comment about UVA, well, thanks to them, we came in and kicked the shit out of their conference for the better half of our existence there. I will take winning on the field over "team bars" any time. Notre Dame is, no was, a great bandwagon school. It is too bad that they are garbage between the lines.

VT being broadcasted in DC =/= VT being a DC controlled town that would love to have the BTN.

Hell, Philly gets tons of ND broadcasts, but never in a million years could you say Philly is an ND town, or even a PSU town for that matter.

Having enough fans to warrant a broadcast =/= having enough fans to be able to get away with charging everyone an extra $1 a month for cable.

If you make a moronic comment, I am going to laugh at it.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard yesterday on ESPn that if Mizzou comes to the SEC, they will be putin the East.

Also yesterday, I heard that the SEC was finalizing the 13 team schedule. One of the AD's said that there was no discussion of a 14 team schedule. Of course we should be used to mixed signals from SEC officials.

I don't want either, but tell me, how much sense does it make for WVU to go o the Big12 & Mizzou to the SEC.

Sounds fucking retarded to me.

Vladimir_Putin_300.jpg