• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WOW that ESPN board died quick.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking more like this...

Attachments

• troll-icon-1600x.jpg
    troll-icon-1600x.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 40

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they still have that stupid "Like" feature? All those little avatars cluttered everything up.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray - since this isn't a serious topic thread I might ask you here ... is there any basic tutorial to posting videos/images on this forum? I think I got the YouTube thing down but wasn't sure if there was a way to post images without uploading them to third party sites first.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can upload images from you computer, if that's what you mean.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they still have that stupid "Like" feature? All those little avatars cluttered everything up.

Yup! Both the "like" button as well as the avatars are still there. The layout just plain and simply sucks donkeys balls! I think it is the first message board that I have seen which puts the name of the poster below the post! You almost have to dig through the post to see who posted it.

They really do have some elementary school kids working on the upgrade looks like.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can upload images from you computer, if that's what you mean.

How do you do that if I may ask? It isn't as straightforward as hitting a button and finding the file on your computer to upload is it? The only button I saw gave you one option - to enter a web url.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing the paper clip in advanced would do it.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Test ...

Edit: So it inserts it as a thumbnail looks like if you upload it directly.

Attachments

• 49ers_stadium.jpg
    49ers_stadium.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 36
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Test ...

Edit: So it inserts it as a thumbnail looks like if you upload it directly.

Yep. If you click on the thumbnail, it obviously shows the pic in normal size. I have an account on photobucket that I upload pics to. I then link to the pics from there. Looks a lot better.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I didn't answer your question...but yep...looks like you found it.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. If you click on the thumbnail, it obviously shows the pic in normal size. I have an account on photobucket that I upload pics to. I then link to the pics from there. Looks a lot better.

Yeah, I too like them better when they're uploaded within the posts at their actual resolution. Photobucket will be the way to go for me too. Thanks for the help!

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this will be a great board. I've already had a lot of fun posting on the Texas Ranger board today. This seems like a much more vibrant community anyway. So tired of all the negativity on those boards. Sport is about fun and entertainment.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've been checking in a few times, after being there 7 yrs I cant just go cold turkey. Still looks like crap and ton of good posters are gone. Basically its a shit hole now. Hopefully all the good posters made the jump and no one got left behind.

Seriously. It's tough to get used to a new board after nearly a decade on ESPN....

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. It's tough to get used to a new board after nearly a decade on ESPN....

Agreed! I was mostly a lurker for the past 6-7 years but over the past year got really tired of the drivel! I don't see how some of you regulars could even have the patience to argue with the trolls as much as you did. I don't think a board should be one big kumbaya. Disagreements are what fuels an interesting debate, as long as the debate is based on logical/valid points and not a bunch of nonsensical, uncalled for mudslinging.

So far, this board has been a welcome change to sharing pertinent information while leaving out the unnecessary trolling.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray - since this isn't a serious topic thread I might ask you here ... is there any basic tutorial to posting videos/images on this forum? I think I got the YouTube thing down but wasn't sure if there was a way to post images without uploading them to third party sites first.

i'll just paste this here...

If you want to attach an image, go to the manage attachment section and just upload it there, you don't have to include it into the img tag. It will be at the bottom of the post as a thumbnail...

or you could upload your picture to a site like Imageshack.us then put it in the image code.

like so....
27325684.jpg

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From photobucket, do you do the direct link, or the image code, or the HTML code?