• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you pay Trent Williams

Would you pay Williams 20 mil. per year?

• Total voters

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it seems to me the guy really isn't that crazy about playing football.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a ridiculous amount for an older LT... Especially when the highest paid LT in the league is making 16.5 million...
NFL Rankings

upload_2020-3-26_10-26-16.png

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still doubt the Skins said no to a 2nd round pick or two 3rd's from the Browns.

They already have turned down a 2nd rounder from the Browns so nothing surprises me at this point

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already have turned down a 2nd rounder from the Browns so nothing surprises me at this point

That was last year. Why do you keep brining that up? That was Bruce Allen. There is no way they turn down the Browns 2nd round pick this year. No way. The agent is blowing major smoke.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was last year. Why do you keep brining that up? That was Bruce Allen. There is no way they turn down the Browns 2nd round pick this year. No way. The agent is blowing major smoke.
What makes u think things are drastically different?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It sounds like both sides are blowing smoke, the Skins obviously are trying to make this hard for TW, just like he is doing the same for them. At this point, we really know nothing but the demands keep changing for the Skins. I understand they have a different guy in charge but Snyder is still there. Do you really expect the Browns to just offer a 2nd after they were turned down for weeks after weeks especially since we have no knowledge of TW's physical shape AND his contract demands at close to $20M. I'm thinking they are getting offered a 3rd and a later pick...but who really knows. If they were offered two 3rd's they should be jumping on that as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUT according to his agent, Trent isn't asking for $20M. Pretty much saying he can work with numbers. So either the Skins are getting shit offers or they are demanding more and more.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm speculating, but feel the Redskins are asking more then the market will bare. Last year it was a first ( yes,yes, yes I know different person in charge) and they passed on a second round pick. This year Williams value has diminished and the Redskins are stuck on demanding a second maybe plus IDK and market it saying to much for 31 year old player with a big contract, that may have to be increased or redone.
Sure has been ugly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm speculating, but feel the Redskins are asking more then the market will bare. Last year it was a first ( yes,yes, yes I know different person in charge) and they passed on a second round pick. This year Williams value has diminished and the Redskins are stuck on demanding a second maybe plus IDK and market it saying to much for 31 year old player with a big contract, that may have to be increased or redone.
Sure has been ugly.

Yeah at first I thought it was mainly TW but it's both parties, it seems. I agree, it was a 1st, now a 2nd..but now it seems a 2nd or value to a 2nd in some way which could be multiple picks and/or a player. There are so many things to consider but it's been this long and they keep changing their demands, if they were smart they will eventually realize this can ploy can only work for so long.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agent Refutes Report Regarding Trent Williams' Contract Demands | NFLTradeRumors.co

Wow more news. Starting to get real ugly and now making the Skins lose worse in this. At this point it could be he said, she said but agent says the contract wouldnt be a problem.
I read this & I am completely on the Redskins side on this :puke:

The player is under contract.
The team doesnt have to negotiate past that.
Also the biggest thing a player has to fight with the team is the threat of holding out. Once it happens you no longer have that in your pocket. The skins are already dealing with him not playing. Not damaging anymore than it already is. the threat of him not playing is gone.

He wants to be the highest paid Lineman. Well for arguments sake if that were true. The skins should get a high draft pick for him. & he & his agent should understand that. or he isnt worth the money & shouldnt be wanting more money. Either way. I am on the skins side on that as well.
No reason for the skins to negotiate or release him. You want out of skins country. Honor your contract & move on. or find a suitor that will pay the skins price. Just sounds like a lot of crying to social media from the agent because he isnt getting his way. Maybe the skins should counter by sending the Agent a puppy & posting it on social media.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also the biggest thing a player has to fight with the team is the threat of holding out. Once it happens you no longer have that in your pocket. The skins are already dealing with him not playing. Not damaging anymore than it already is. the threat of him not playing is gone.

He wants to be the highest paid Lineman. Well for arguments sake if that were true. The skins should get a high draft pick for him. & he & his agent should understand that. or he isnt worth the money & shouldnt be wanting more money. Either way. I am on the skins side on that as well.
No reason for the skins to negotiate or release him. You want out of skins country. Honor your contract & move on. or find a suitor that will pay the skins price. Just sounds like a lot of crying to social media from the agent because he isnt getting his way. Maybe the skins should counter by sending the Agent a puppy & posting it on social media.

I'm normally on board with what you state. Hate seeing players demand more then their contract calls for and all for playing hardball with them over that. However couple of things :
A) Should be in the Redskins favor to unload a player that is both aging and expensive.12.5 million in cap space is a good thing for a team that only won 3 games and are in the basement in their division. Prime time to move on from the old guys that command a good chunk of cap space.

B) The fact that Williams was willing to lose a entire year in salary to force a trade, makes it seem logical to think it wasn't just about the money, because he'll never make that up.

You got to think the Redskins are part of the problem. It's not like this is the first time things got a little ugly between the Redskins front office and a player.
TW has certainly contributed to making this ugly. Think lies and slander can be laid at his feet.

How does this get to this point? Some dysfunction on the Redskins part has to be part of the picture IMO.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm normally on board with what you state. Hate seeing players demand more then their contract calls for and all for playing hardball with them over that. However couple of things :
A) Should be in the Redskins favor to unload a player that is both aging and expensive.12.5 million in cap space is a good thing for a team that only won 3 games and are in the basement in their division. Prime time to move on from the old guys that command a good chunk of cap space.

B) The fact that Williams was willing to lose a entire year in salary to force a trade, makes it seem logical to think it wasn't just about the money, because he'll never make that up.

You got to think the Redskins are part of the problem. It's not like this is the first time things got a little ugly between the Redskins front office and a player.
TW has certainly contributed to making this ugly. Think lies and slander can be laid at his feet.

How does this get to this point? Some dysfunction on the Redskins part has to be part of the picture IMO.
I am sure the Redskins are douchebags, & I enjoy saying that. But doesnt change my thoughts on this. I have had lots of bosses being assholes. Still doesnt change the fact he is under contract & the redskins have no reason to play ball with him. Doesnt matter how much his agent cries to social media.
If you own a company you stick to the process.
To me in the thing I read. the Agent didnt bring up any good points for his side. just a bunch of woe is me.

Dicks or not. to me the Skins are in the right.

Now if something has happened outside of this squabbling then they should get their union involved.

Holding out for release or more money, Fuck him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure the Redskins are douchebags, & I enjoy saying that. But doesnt change my thoughts on this. I have had lots of bosses being assholes. Still doesnt change the fact he is under contract & the redskins have no reason to play ball with him. Doesnt matter how much his agent cries to social media.
If you own a company you stick to the process.
To me in the thing I read. the Agent didnt bring up any good points for his side. just a bunch of woe is me.

Dicks or not. to me the Skins are in the right.

Now if something has happened outside of this squabbling then they should get their union involved.

Holding out for release or more money, Fuck him.

OK. Looks like a lose lose kind of a deal for both sides though.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. Looks like a lose lose kind of a deal for both sides though.
yeah I would hate for our tackle to be doing this on our team.
if they trade him they get like 12 mil or something in cap space, but not sure if cap is an issue for them or not.
you never want disgruntled employees........ but it happens.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not saying it’s the Skins fault entirely or anything but I am just saying they are partly to blame for TW not being traded already by changing up their demands over and over. But when you know a player is unhappy, you told the player you will not negotiate with them...dont keep changing your demands to make this process harder than it should be. That’s all I can say bc at this point it’s he said, she said shit. I just feel right now the Skins have some blame in this, as far as ending this relationship. It’s gotta be frustrating for teams trying to negotiate as well..so they are losing leverage and partly to blame themselves. Either way, nobody is winning in this.

If the Skins gets anything less than a 2nd, I book that as a loss
TW sat out a year and lost money—-he’s already losing but he help his cause by getting a long-term deal and a good amount of guaranteed money. In the end, I think that’s all he wants. I think the $20M is bs tbh but we will see.

Makes it fun when your fav team isnt the one in this charade lol