• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you pay Trent Williams

Would you pay Williams 20 mil. per year?

• Total voters

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I present you with this. Here’s a guy who seems to think player contracts are going by the new cba in 2020 too. He could be wrong as well, of course. Regardless it’s a good listen about TW. Maybe this gets you up to date. :suds:

I did listen to that. Think he's wrong about when the new CBA goes into effect, don't think he thought to check. The part about the Redskins reaching out to the NFLPA requesting a independent investigation into Williams complaint about the Redskins medical staff and Williams shutting that down was something I didn't know about. Sure puts William in a bad light.
What gets me is the sheer bullheadedness of both parties. Williams lost 13 million by sitting out and the Redskins lost his services for a season, no compensation, and value for Williams is diminished. Both sides are losing.

Saw a article on landing spots for TW and my take is they ( landing spots) are drying up. Mention the new regime in Cleveland isn't as high on TW as the previous regime.

Assessing trade partners for Redskins Pro Bowler Trent Williams

Mofo

Infamous Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,979.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this the guy that allegedly can't play, owing to "abnormal growths on the head" preventing wearing of a helmet? If that's true, then who would want him? If he made up that excuse so that he wouldn't have to play for the Redskins, it's arguably worse.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did listen to that. Think he's wrong about when the new CBA goes into effect, don't think he thought to check. The part about the Redskins reaching out to the NFLPA requesting a independent investigation into Williams complaint about the Redskins medical staff and Williams shutting that down was something I didn't know about. Sure puts William in a bad light.
What gets me is the sheer bullheadedness of both parties. Williams lost 13 million by sitting out and the Redskins lost his services for a season, no compensation, and value for Williams is diminished. Both sides are losing.

Saw a article on landing spots for TW and my take is they ( landing spots) are drying up. Mention the new regime in Cleveland isn't as high on TW as the previous regime.

Assessing trade partners for Redskins Pro Bowler Trent Williams

Yep, nobody wants to deal with him and I think teams are fed up with WAS. CLE offers a 2nd last year and they laugh in their face. "We want a 1st".
Of course this is an entirely new FO for the most part so if CLE is offering a 2nd now WAS should be taking this deal in a heartbeat but from reports they are getting "little value return" for Trent with their offers. You never know though, it's not just Trent that is being difficult...it's the Skins as well. Both being very immature about this whole thing

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Williams trade rumors: Redskins could want multiple picks or players for Pro Bowl tackle

Now they are saying they not only want the 2nd but multiple picks lolzz. This is getting ridiculous. I think it is clear, it's not just about TW's contract demands. I'm sure CLE would offer two 3rd's instead of their 2nd.

According to NBC Sports Washington's JP Finlay, that means Washington isn't necessarily prepared to settle for a second-round draft pick in return for Williams. Previous reports have indicated a second-rounder is exactly what the Redskins want from teams interested in the former first-round pick. And while that demand has yet to materialize into a trade, Finlay suggests Washington is adamant about getting that kind of value, or perhaps more, reporting Washington could want multiple picks (such as a pair of third-rounders) or a pick-and-player package in exchange for Williams.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Williams trade rumors: Redskins could want multiple picks or players for Pro Bowl tackle

Now they are saying they not only want the 2nd but multiple picks lolzz. This is getting ridiculous. I think it is clear, it's not just about TW's contract demands. I'm sure CLE would offer two 3rd's instead of their 2nd.

According to NBC Sports Washington's JP Finlay, that means Washington isn't necessarily prepared to settle for a second-round draft pick in return for Williams. Previous reports have indicated a second-rounder is exactly what the Redskins want from teams interested in the former first-round pick. And while that demand has yet to materialize into a trade, Finlay suggests Washington is adamant about getting that kind of value, or perhaps more, reporting Washington could want multiple picks (such as a pair of third-rounders) or a pick-and-player package in exchange for Williams.

If Cle is offering both of there 3rd round picks that should get the deal done. I don't think the Skins would turn that down.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cle is offering both of there 3rd round picks that should get the deal done. I don't think the Skins would turn that down.

You would think so but they turned down a 2nd last year. I think another thing that could be holding this up is seeing Trent workout/physical...that has to be a factor, he hasn't played football in over a year. We could be waiting while

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think so but they turned down a 2nd last year. I think another thing that could be holding this up is seeing Trent workout/physical...that has to be a factor, he hasn't played football in over a year. We could be waiting while

Forget what happened last year. Different FO. That's the risk you guys would take in trading for him.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same owner...........you let a starting CB go for a 5th

I thought they should of gotten a 4th but injury history and wanting a big contract pushed him out the door. Rivera is making the decisions not Synder.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they should of gotten a 4th but injury history and wanting a big contract pushed him out the door. Rivera is making the decisions not Synder.
well, just an outsider, but the moves are more of the same........

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget what happened last year. Different FO. That's the risk you guys would take in trading for him.

That's exactly why it will take time. Why should the Browns take a risk on a guy they are paying $15-20M a year and you are possibly giving a 2nd for. No thanks

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly why it will take time. Why should the Browns take a risk on a guy they are paying $15-20M a year and you are possibly giving a 2nd for. No thanks

True but if he gets traded its probably going to be the Browns.