• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you offer sheet/trade for Evander Kane?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumours are swirling that he doesn't want to re-sign in Winnipeg - Man, I'd love to see this guy in a Flames uniform.

Last edited by a moderator:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumours are swirling that he doesn't want to re-sign in Winnipeg - Man, I'd love to see this guy in a Flames uniform.

hmmmm. Luongo and our 1st for Kane and Pavelic :D

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JVR, 1st, and Bob for Kane

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kane is a little bitch. But he's also a very good player. I'd say yes to a trade, maybe on the offer sheet.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, what do you think the price would be on an offer sheet? And yes, he'd be perfect in Pittsburgh. Great complementary piece. As far as a trade goes? I dunno...it'd have to come as a sign and trade.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, what do you think the price would be on an offer sheet? And yes, he'd be perfect in Pittsburgh. Great complementary piece. As far as a trade goes? I dunno...it'd have to come as a sign and trade.

Would you do Jordan Staal straight up for Kane, Pix?

Seems like a pretty good trade for both teams.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin + Kennedy for Kane. Then stick him on a line with Matt Cooke...

cooke-kane.jpg

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grabner & Bailey for Kane. It might not be enough, but I'm not giving up the 4th pick overall.

I think that Winnipeg hangs up the phone pretty quick on that one.

More realistic would be if Nino or Strome was added to that package. Even then I'm not sure it makes sense for the Jets.

Evander Kane is 20 year old coming off of a 30 goal season who plays tough and has shown great improvements in his game every year.

He's worth the 4th overall and then some.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Winnipeg hangs up the phone pretty quick on that one.

More realistic would be if Nino or Strome was added to that package. Even then I'm not sure it makes sense for the Jets.

Evander Kane is 20 year old coming off of a 30 goal season who plays tough and has shown great improvements in his game every year.

He's worth the 4th overall and then some.

I know the Jets are going to want a lot for him. Someone on the Isles fansite said that Kane is known as much for his shenanagans off the ice as he is for the on ice play. If that's the case I'll pass.

I'd consider trading Nino. Strome is like Brock Nelson, UNTOUCHABLE as far as I'm concerned.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gomez straight up?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you do Jordan Staal straight up for Kane, Pix?

Seems like a pretty good trade for both teams.

Tempppptinnnnggggg...seriously tempting. It'd have to be a sign and trade though. And they *may* have to sweeten it just a little, throw in prospect/late pick. I understand Kane is talented, but not as proven as Staal. That thought went through my head though. As well as how awesome it'd be to see him play with Cooke.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tempppptinnnnggggg...seriously tempting. It'd have to be a sign and trade though. And they *may* have to sweeten it just a little, throw in prospect/late pick. I understand Kane is talented, but not as proven as Staal. That thought went through my head though. As well as how awesome it'd be to see him play with Cooke.

The only way I would make this trade if I was Cheveldayoff is if Staal agreed to an extension before he ever sets foot in Winnipeg. Kane is 20 years old. I wouldn't consider trading him for a rental. I wouldn't add anything to the deal either.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way I would make this trade if I was Cheveldayoff is if Staal agreed to an extension before he ever sets foot in Winnipeg. Kane is 20 years old. I wouldn't consider trading him for a rental. I wouldn't add anything to the deal either.

That's a good point. Kane is salary controlled for 4 more years at least. This gives him a little more value than an un-extended Staal, IMO.

How about Gonchar and 5th rounder for Kane?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point. Kane is salary controlled for 4 more years at least. This gives him a little more value than an un-extended Staal, IMO.

How about Gonchar and 5th rounder for Kane?

One team in a great position to acquire a player like Kane is Florida. They've got a bunch of young forwards & defenseman. I doubt Huberdeau would be available, but they could certainly get the deal done. Signing Versteeg & Kulikov is a must though. I think Garrison is probably going to hit the market on July 1st. Tallon certainly isn't afraid to make a move if he feels it will help his team. Kane could provide some of the offense Florida needs.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's exactly the kind of player the Wings need, but who to trade? The guys I would be willing to move are probably not guys Winnipeg wants (Flip and E?), and moving Tatar, Nyquist, Jurco, or any of the other young studs is not a good idea at this point in time.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nino had 1 point in 55 games this year.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to have Kane. I think he is a tremendous young player. If he goofs around off the ice, I don't think its anything to worry about. He is only 20.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's a good point, but it all depends on what Kane's intentions are. If he seriously doesn't want to stay, than they're forced to move him. And I don't think they'll get a better player than Staal. They could get more in a package, but not a better player. Also, I was speaking to the Pens side having to sweeten it. I would hesitate from the Pens side to pull that trigger, but I could see 'peg's side too. Could be a good deal for both sides though. Winnepeg is a place I wouldn't be scared to send Jordan too though, I don't foresee getting burnt by that. Kane would be perfect on this team though. Man.