• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yup got another trade offer

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got this offer in a 12 team full PPR league.

I trade Darrell Henderson and get Melvin Gordon and Anthony Miller. Don't care to do that since Henderson looks to be the workhorse by default and Gordon will be splitting work with Williams at best. Not to mention Gordon is 28 and in the last year of his contract and Henderson is 23 with a chance to show his stuff to be the starting RB for the future. IDK if Henderson has the right stuff to be the guy, but for this season he's in a better situation and likely out produces Gordon.
However I do need help at WR so I was looking at his bench ( Miller being WW level WR now) he has Gage, Mims, Mooney, St. Brown (Detroit rookie WR). and Tooney. Any of these WRs worth taking the hit at RB?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got this offer in a 12 team full PPR league.

I trade Darrell Henderson and get Melvin Gordon and Anthony Miller. Don't care to do that since Henderson looks to be the workhorse by default and Gordon will be splitting work with Williams at best. Not to mention Gordon is 28 and in the last year of his contract and Henderson is 23 with a chance to show his stuff to be the starting RB for the future. IDK if Henderson has the right stuff to be the guy, but for this season he's in a better situation and likely out produces Gordon.
However I do need help at WR so I was looking at his bench ( Miller being WW level WR now) he has Gage, Mims, Mooney, St. Brown (Detroit rookie WR). and Tooney. Any of these WRs worth taking the hit at RB?
I wouldnt trade henderson. Especially for mr overrated gordon.

Wr

gage heck yeah check his numbers wity regular use. In a ppr , yeppppp

tooney no.

mims pass

st brown- yep hes gonna get run. Look at his competition. If hes even remotely serviceable he has a role. He had a lot of hype n had a down year, he can play.

gage would be my guy though. Deceptively good.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt trade henderson. Especially for mr overrated gordon.

Wr

gage heck yeah check his numbers wity regular use. In a ppr , yeppppp

tooney no.

mims pass

st brown- yep hes gonna get run. Look at his competition. If hes even remotely serviceable he has a role. He had a lot of hype n had a down year, he can play.

gage would be my guy though. Deceptively good.
You missed commenting on Mooney as a choice. I sort of like him best of the group. I do hate the idea of trading Henderson and filling in with old man Gordon, I really do. I only consider it because of my need at WR.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You missed commenting on Mooney as a choice. I sort of like him best of the group. I do hate the idea of trading Henderson and filling in with old man Gordon, I really do. I only consider it because of my need at WR.
I did miss mooney. Toss up bw him n gage. For this season i like gage better, if gage plays well he may stay at that wr2 spot in atl. Theyre both young. Take who u like.

Henderson surely has Way more value, by alot. Id tell him to kick rocks

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did miss mooney. Toss up bw him n gage. For this season i like gage better, if gage plays well he may stay at that wr2 spot in atl. Theyre both young. Take who u like.

Henderson surely has Way more value, by alot. Id tell him to kick rocks
So you would not counter? Just to give you an idea of how bad my WRs are I have Cobb as my WR3 in the lineup. LOL

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would not counter? Just to give you an idea of how bad my WRs are I have Cobb as my WR3 in the lineup. LOL
If the big ticket is gordon. And your looking at a wr 3 at best, no i likely wouldnt. Henderson is in what should be a very high powered offense as a 3 down back. His future competition just tore his achilles….which is brutal… nah not nearly enough.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Gage (this yr), and Mooney, and St. Brown long-term over Cobb for sure. That is a hit at RB (harder position to full). If you have 2 better starters you'd play week to week over Henderson perhaps it's worth the gamble since Gordon would be fine as a short-term RB3. ...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Gage (this yr), and Mooney, and St. Brown long-term over Cobb for sure. That is a hit at RB (harder position to full). If you have 2 better starters you'd play week to week over Henderson perhaps it's worth the gamble since Gordon would be fine as a short-term RB3. ...
Henderson is a flex as I have Chubb and Kamara at the RB position.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So

henderson n cobb

or

gordon n mooney/gage

in tour starting lineup. Which do you prefer?

Its not close for me. Id get nico collins and coutee if i could

also what wr are on waivers

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say screw Gordon, and go after one of his better WR's. Don't think of it as losing a "starting RB", think of it as cashing in on a bond that matured and is never gonna get any bigger. 50/50 Henderson resembles a "work horse" this year. If McVay truly thought he could be that guy, they wouldn't have drafted Akers in the 2nd. But hey, maybe he is, this year, maybe he kinda is, and they end up signing a vet to help carry the load (much more likely imho). Regardless, it's a long shot at best he is a long term solution- again..if they thought he could be..they wouldn't have drafted Akers in the second, and who would have a better feel for the situation than McVay?

Back on track here-, your not losing a starting RB, you didn't have jack but a cuff/trade bait in that roster spot a week ago. Cash in for a real WR, not the crumbs on his bench- including Mooney-, and do it before McVay comes to his senses and signs a vet

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say screw Gordon, and go after one of his better WR's. Don't think of it as losing a "starting RB", think of it as cashing in on a bond that matured and is never gonna get any bigger. 50/50 Henderson resembles a "work horse" this year. If McVay truly thought he could be that guy, they wouldn't have drafted Akers in the 2nd. But hey, maybe he is, this year, maybe he kinda is, and they end up signing a vet to help carry the load (much more likely imho). Regardless, it's a long shot at best he is a long term solution- again..if they thought he could be..they wouldn't have drafted Akers in the second, and who would have a better feel for the situation than McVay?

Back on track here-, your not losing a starting RB, you didn't have jack but a cuff/trade bait in that roster spot a week ago. Cash in for a real WR, not the crumbs on his bench- including Mooney-, and do it before McVay comes to his senses and signs a vet
I dont disagree here.
I do disagree your losing a rb, but you can afford to.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like the idea and sent him a counter. His best WRs are D. Moore and McLaurin. I doubt he would do it straight up so I added a 2nd. Maybe I should of held off adding that pick IDK. Treff probably thinks I should of went for Moore.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea and sent him a counter. His best WRs are D. Moore and McLaurin. I doubt he would do it straight up so I added a 2nd. Maybe I should of held off adding that pick IDK. Treff probably thinks I should of went for Moore.
Haha..well..I do think Moore is the better player, and neither of them are in ideal situations, so yeah..but honestly it's neck and neck. If either of them ever get a real QB, they could be special..but I'd bet on Moore before I would McLaurin. And I'd have tried it straight up to see what he'd counter with..he fired the first shot yes? See how badly he wants this guy

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like moore . I like terry too. If of held on tje second but its whatever really

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Treff is pushing you in the right direction. If you have to deal Henderson, make sure you are getting as much value as you can or else you hold onto him and hope he blows up. If you can get a DJ Moore or Terry McLaurin, then I think you should consider that. Probably should have held off on adding the 2nd, but I don't think it is a bad deal if that's what ends up happening.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha..well..I do think Moore is the better player, and neither of them are in ideal situations, so yeah..but honestly it's neck and neck. If either of them ever get a real QB, they could be special..but I'd bet on Moore before I would McLaurin. And I'd have tried it straight up to see what he'd counter with..he fired the first shot yes? See how badly he wants this guy

I like moore . I like terry too. If of held on tje second but its whatever really
I sort of feel this season is Henderson max value as I don't think he's a workhorse type of back. I also think by hook or crook the Rams will be using a RBBC somehow. So I want to capitalize when his value is highest IMO.
I always debate between starting a bit low so I can "cave" and come up more or just going with my best offer from the get go. It helps if you know how your trade partner thinks or reacts about offers. IDK much about this trade partner so I went with best offer. Either he takes it or he doesn't. Not going any higher.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of feel this season is Henderson max value as I don't think he's a workhorse type of back. I also think by hook or crook the Rams will be using a RBBC somehow. So I want to capitalize when his value is highest IMO.
I always debate between starting a bit low so I can "cave" and come up more or just going with my best offer from the get go. It helps if you know how your trade partner thinks or reacts about offers. IDK much about this trade partner so I went with best offer. Either he takes it or he doesn't. Not going any higher.
Surely theres a market for henderson, shop around.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surely theres a market for henderson, shop around.
Had someone offer me DeVante Parker for Henderson. Also had someone offer me M. Hardman for Henderson. Both after the Akers news. It's not that hot of a market for him, rather folks see him as a cheap alternative to fill a gap at RB. By the way my offer was declined.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, as Treff points out and with Henderson being a 'flex' for ya - I personally think you could lower you're sights to focus on the 3 WRs you were eyeing to start with. Sure Moore or McLaurin would be much better prizes - but since he declined (which I would have as well), those guys are likely gonna be the best options. If you look at Henderson as a 1yr 'perhaps' starter then Gordon likely has that same type value - - so, him plus a long-term upgrade at WR3 is value. Just my opinion.
I actually think going for the gold first was a good call but settling for silver isn't a bad investment in this case.

BTW - looking at the other offers you've received, Gordon plus Mooney or St. Brown (even Gage) is lightyears better