• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yup got another trade offer

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I offered a 2022 2nd and a 2023 3rd for Mooney, he declined but countered with a 2022 and a 2023 second. Think that's too rich for me.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep..not all RBBC are equal. Chubb/Hunt, Dobbins/Gus...they run enough, and efficiently enough, that all four of them are miles ahead of Fournette. (Well maybe not Gus, but I bet they end up with similar production).

I tried keeping up with the whole string, but may have missed something.

But from what I did catch..yes Watkins is worth a third. Rarely do you find anyone that'll be a bona-fide #1 on any NFL team in the 3rd. Even though that's Balt., it's still higher than a 3.

And Henderson in a deal for Gallup and Stevenson would be a great get, if you could swing it. I honestly wouldn't be shocked to see Stevenson being the main guy in NE by end of the year or sooner. Depends on just how much improvement Harris really shows when the pads go on.
I wouldn’t touch any NE RB because BB uses RBBC more than any other coach in the league.

money week he’ll have a RB go off, and the next week he barely uses the guy.

way too frustrating as an owner of any NE RB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t touch any NE RB because BB uses RBBC more than any other coach in the league.

True BB likes to screw FF owners

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can go do his history...been discussed multiple times on this board as well. When he's got a good back, who gets the job done, he has no problem riding them. But he hasn't had one since Corey Dillon. Kinda sorta with Blount. The Genius of BB isn't doing one thing, it's modifying his plan to best suit the strengths he has available. If Harris can be a productive lead back, that BB can lean on to win games, he will be, if Stevenson can be, he will be...if they aren't, he'll continue rotating, using each to his best possible advantage.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I offered a 2022 2nd and a 2023 3rd for Mooney, he declined but countered with a 2022 and a 2023 second. Think that's too rich for me.
i would advise to be more cautious about Mooney's future. As promising as he seems, Bears/Nagy are not a consistent offense. And a WR2 from CHI is not a reliable investment.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would advise to be more cautious about Mooney's future. As promising as he seems, Bears/Nagy are not a consistent offense. And a WR2 from CHI is not a reliable investment.

I would agree... But i feel like we use the past too much as an indicator when the past didnt have the current situations...

For example, this is probably the worst Bears defense in a while... and any time you get a new QB it is all dependent on how good that QB does... and We have to assume Fields will be better than Mitch Trubisky...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any time you get a new QB it is all dependent on how good that QB does... and We have to assume Fields will be better than Mitch Trubisky...
The chatter locally is that Fields will not see the field in 2021. Nagy has repeatedly said this is Dalton's job as starter.

The buzz out of camp is that Dalton looks great and has a real command of the offense. (And honestly, i wasnt expecting anything less after Trubisky and Foles.) But is it enough? I feel Nagy has more to prove than any Bears player.

Two 2's for Mooney seem steep. Especially if an owner has to wait until 2022 for Fields to show his abilities. And again, a CHI WR2 is not a reliable investment.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chatter locally is that Fields will not see the field in 2021. Nagy has repeatedly said this is Dalton's job as starter.

The buzz out of camp is that Dalton looks great and has a real command of the offense. (And honestly, i wasnt expecting anything less after Trubisky and Foles.) But is it enough? I feel Nagy has more to prove than any Bears player.

Two 2's for Mooney seem steep. Especially if an owner has to wait until 2022 for Fields to show his abilities. And again, a CHI WR2 is not a reliable investment.

that may be chatter... but does anyone really believe that??

I do agree two 2nd rounders is too steep... wasnt really arguing that...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe

I should have read what you were commenting on... so i knew what your point was... it wasnt anything negative about mooney... Just that that price was too high for the risk that you gave...

I wasnt really arguing one way or the other... Just commenting how much stock we put into the past, and how inaccurate that should be...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Indeed 2 second round picks was too rich for me and I turned it down. Now we are talking again for a 2022 second, 2023 third and Malcolm Brown and think I'll agree to that. I wish the owner of Gallup would get off the fence and agree to my offer, but since he hasn't I'm assuming it is going to be a decline eventually. Unfortunately he's one of those that can't pull the trigger on a deal for fear of making a mistake.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that may be chatter... but does anyone really believe that??
I do.
Gotta say, the local media (tv & radio) has really peppered Nagy on the subject, presenting all types of scenarios. Nagy has been very adamant that Dalton is the starter and even if Fields were the better QB at the end of camp, its still Dalton's job all year long.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got this offer in a 12 team full PPR league.

I trade Darrell Henderson and get Melvin Gordon and Anthony Miller. Don't care to do that since Henderson looks to be the workhorse by default and Gordon will be splitting work with Williams at best. Not to mention Gordon is 28 and in the last year of his contract and Henderson is 23 with a chance to show his stuff to be the starting RB for the future. IDK if Henderson has the right stuff to be the guy, but for this season he's in a better situation and likely out produces Gordon.
However I do need help at WR so I was looking at his bench ( Miller being WW level WR now) he has Gage, Mims, Mooney, St. Brown (Detroit rookie WR). and Tooney. Any of these WRs worth taking the hit at RB?
Gage should have a real nice year at WR2 in Atl. Best guess is 8-900 and 6-8 tds

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do.
Gotta say, the local media (tv & radio) has really peppered Nagy on the subject, presenting all types of scenarios. Nagy has been very adamant that Dalton is the starter and even if Fields were the better QB at the end of camp, its still Dalton's job all year long.
I certainly buy Fields being relegated to a year of clipboard duty. He didn't fall to where he went for no reason whatsoever, he has legit question marks and while the doubters could certainly be wrong, he does have to prove them wrong, and I've certainly heard nothing coming out of camp thus far that would change that. And as I've claimed, multiple times, Dalton is a true starting caliber NFL QB. Certainly not in the upper half of signal callers any longer, if he ever was, but he's certainly not a bottom feeder either. Competent, efficient, reliable. He's not gonna carry your team, but give him a decent defense and some one to make plays around him, he can easily be a winning QB. He looked like crap in Dallas mostly because he was asked to keep up with opposing teams as they bludgeoned the Dallas D, but also because he was asked to do it with 2nd and 3rd string lineman in front of him in 3 of 5 positions.

I see no reason to assume Fields is going to walk in there and be handed the job, he definitely has to win it, and not jsut win it, but win it convincingly...or hope Dalton face plants at some point.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're inclined to take Mooney you're wayyy better off with Dalton at QB than Fields

Fields is a one read and run type QB right now

Since Mooney is almost never going to be the first read in Chicago he wouldn't fare well with Fields imo