• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you do a pay per view for Ronda Rousey against Ray Rice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pay for a PPV of Rousey's workout routine.

I'd wanna fight Gina Carando

I'm sure you were the man back in your day..

Still am just use a pipe or louisville slugger these days

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leroy,

The fundamental problem with your argument is that you assume that everyone who is untrained in martial arts has essentially the same ability. That is a fundamentally flawed argument.

Ray Rice is an elite professional athlete who plays in a very violent sport. He has incredible speed and quickness to go along with that strength. And while he likely doesn't have a lot of formal training, I suspect he has had more than a few serious fights in his life.

Rousey would be facing some seriously daunting disadvantages in a fight with someone like Ray Rice. Could she overcome them? Perhaps but ultimately it would come down to aggression and smarts by other people. Rice's jabs would likely be harder hits to her than anything she faces from women competitors.

I get that you are big into the sport and that's cool. But there are limitations to training that can't be overcome. Do you think she could take out, say, Big Show?

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your wife had a real instructor. Use your skill to surprise them and then run like Hell. Grown men of the same size hit each other, and will knock out a tooth, break a nose, whatever. It still doesn't stop them for the most part. You have to really have some pop to straight up KO an equal sized man with one shot. Ronda is a trained fighter, if she hit him in the face he'd probably say ouch, probably get pissed off, but it sure as Hell wouldn't stop him. Ronda has what, 1 KO against 135 LB women? What exactly would she do once she got him down? So absurd it's laughable

Oh, I don't know... depending on his position, she could armbar him, triangle him, kimura him, guillotine him, heel hook him, ankle lock him, knee bar him, north south choke him,etc. etc. ....but I'm sure with your 20 years of dedicated training, you're familiar with all this stuff.

Leroy,

The fundamental problem with your argument is that you assume that everyone who is untrained in martial arts has essentially the same ability. That is a fundamentally flawed argument.

Ray Rice is an elite professional athlete who plays in a very violent sport. He has incredible speed and quickness to go along with that strength. And while he likely doesn't have a lot of formal training, I suspect he has had more than a few serious fights in his life.

Rousey would be facing some seriously daunting disadvantages in a fight with someone like Ray Rice. Could she overcome them? Perhaps but ultimately it would come down to aggression and smarts by other people. Rice's jabs would likely be harder hits to her than anything she faces from women competitors.

I get that you are big into the sport and that's cool. But there are limitations to training that can't be overcome. Do you think she could take out, say, Big Show?

No, I don't assume everyone who is untrained in the martial arts has the same ability. I simply respect the value of training almost daily against live, resisting opponents. You can't compare a guy who you 'suspect he has had more than a few serious fights in his life' to a professional fighter. That's hilarious....you wouldn't compare the quarterbacking skills of a 37 year old dude who plays all time QB (you old school guys know what I"m talking about) for the neighborhood backyard games to Peyton Manning, would you? Well, that's what you just did in terms of fighting.

Rousey's routine training session is more intense than the worse fight Ray Rice has ever been in. "Rice's jabs?' So because he knocked out his finance, you think he's capable of throwing solid jabs? It's amazing how many of you are discounting Rousey for being a woman, but making Ray Rice to be some type of half man, half machine for knocking out a woman.

How many jabs do you think Rice throws in a year? Hell, in his whole life? How many jabs do you think Rousey throws in a week? A professional fighter has thrown that same jab a hundred thousand times, that leg kick a hundred thousand times, has blocked jabs, crosses, and leg kicks a hundred thousand times, has done thousands of single leg shots, double legs, armbar setups, etc. etc....the same way Ray Rice practices the oh so violent sport of football :rollseyes: , this person practices FIGHTING everyday by FIGHTING everyday. Rousey trains with trained men who throw punches at her...not haymakers, but skilled strikers. Sure they may not be hitting 100%, but their 50% is far better than Ray Rice's best shot.

Athleticism does matter, but it gets negated heavily until the more athletic person gets SOME type of training under their belt. For example, in BJJ, if an amazing athlete walks in...in terms of straight up grappling, until he learns how to pass guard, basic armbar defenses, how to keep guard effectively, how to never give up his back, how to sprawl, how to stand up, etc. he's going to get tapped out...over and over and over again.

Remember, a tap on the mat is a broken arm, leg, wrist, ankle, or choked out in 'REAL FIGHTING.'

I'm willing to bet you that Ray Rice wouldn't even know how to stand up in a fight. Most people don't.

Like I said, I'm not trying to condescend...I don't consider myself a beast at all, but I do know I've grappled with D-1 athlete types who are stronger, younger, faster, and much more explosive than I am and I can get to their back any time I want because they don't know basic BJJ defense. They don't know how to sprawl or how to not leave themselves susceptible to a sprawl, how to protect their back, etc. Now, once they learn that, and just a couple of offensive moves, THEN that athleticism comes into play much more and I'm going to have my hands full. There's a scrawny, 135lb purple belt guy who trained at the main academy that used to come to our spot from time to time and tap out six ft and up tall 225 lb athletic white belt guys like it was nothing.

Techniques in BJJ are designed to eliminate the strength factor, and they do a great job of that when it comes to an untrained athletic beast against a trained, even nonathletic skilled practitioner. Now once that untrained athlete learns a few fundamentals, then it's a completely different challenge.

An untrained Ray Rice would probably get hurt by this woman. Mayweather would knock her ass out in a heartbeat, as I have a first hand account which gave me an understanding of the difference between a trained striker's punch and just a big, strong guy's punch. It's night and day. In fact, there's such a difference that I wouldn't be surprised if Rousey's blows hurt more than Rice's. Pick your jaw up off the floor, UK Cowboy...seriously, go ask a professional boxer. I was lucky enough to be around a few at a gym in Southeast Atlanta one day. One of the guys there had trained Ali's daughter (and he was a professional himself), and he said with no uncertainty that Leila hits harder than any untrained man. Then I got a lesson in the complete science of the jab, cross, etc.

Dude, the depth of the science of professional fighting is amazing. Just being a great athlete won't make you a great fighter. Brock Lesnar is often wrongly cited as the guy who just showed up and went to the top of MMA despite no MMA experience. Uhhh, what the hell is wrestling? Wrestling is a martial art, one that Lesnar was one of the best in the nation in high school and college. He had the ideal background for MMA. Once he learned basic striking and basic BJJ, he's more than ready. What really happens to guys who are just bigger and stronger with no technique can be perfectly summed up in two words: KIMBO SLICE.

Last edited by a moderator:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leroy, you seem like you know your business with MMA, but Rousey would get killed unless she got a punch on him. She would have a .05% of even getting him on the ground nor toss him. She's not strong enough to choke him out or get an arm bar are on. Not to the extent but elite athlete who are 10 times stronger than Rousey try to torque his arm away from the football every time he rushes, I'm not sure where you are getting the impression that football is pillow fighting.

Referencing Kimbo Slice to Ray Rice? Seriously?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leroy, you seem like you know your business with MMA, but Rousey would get killed unless she got a punch on him. She would have a .05% of even getting him on the ground nor toss him. She's not strong enough to choke him out or get an arm bar are on. Not to the extent but elite athlete who are 10 times stronger than Rousey try to torque his arm away from the football every time he rushes, I'm not sure where you are getting the impression that football is pillow fighting.

I doubt a 120lber with a 12 inch arm could knockout a 200lb football player esp a running back. This guy has big lineman and linebackers of 200-300 lbs trying to take him down. Talk about leg strength .Would take 1 big ass glass jaw. When I used to wrestle in HS would take on 3 guys 98,105 and 112 just for laughs and it reminded me of midget wrestling back in the day. These guys had no strength because of weight, like fight 12 yr old kids

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I bought up Kimbo because people mistakenly say Lesnar had no MMA skills when he came to the Octagon, when in fact, he had what is probably the most popular skill to have right now: wrestling.

Kimbo was the ultimate example of a guy who was just bigger and stronger than his opponent but had no technique. Guys who weren't his size or had his strength but were real deal professional fighters beat the brakes off of him.

The HUGE hole in what you guys are saying is that it completely ignores how Judo and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu are leverage based systems. If Rice doesn't have any technique or knowledge to even know what's coming at him, he will get his ass Harai Goshi'ed by Rousey. He's not Floyd Mayweather...Rousey has seen punches from professional strikers, not just some jacked up dude used to knocking out his fiance. Those will be some seriously telegraphed punches in the eyes of a professional like Rousey. Now Floyd? He probably would knock her ass out the instant she attempted to close the distance.

Look, all I'm asking, and I'm willing to help you find one in your area if you'd like, is for you guys who doubt anything I'm saying to take your behinds into a real MMA or BJJ school and see if you can take ANYONE there who is blue belt level or higher (for you guys that don't know, blue belt is the next belt up from white). I'm talking men, women, 125lbs, whatever...you will be tapping on a continuous loop for the duration of your first three months there.

My dude, you can't compare big, strong, fast guys swatting at a freaking football to trying to defend your arm from a woman who's been trained to rip off arms in the most ruthless, efficient manner possible for over a decade. As Jules said, it's not even the same fucking ballpark. With her armbar setups, he wouldn't even know what was happening before it was too late.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dude, you can't compare big, strong, fast guys swatting at a freaking football to trying to defend your arm from a woman who's been trained to rip off arms in the most ruthless, efficient manner possible for over a decade. As Jules said, it's not even the same fucking ballpark. With her armbar setups, he wouldn't even know what was happening before it was too late.

I knew a guy who used to rip out hearts ,feel them beat and then put them back in. He also carried a sewing kit to stitch them back up

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leroy,

You didn't answer my question regarding the Big Show. Do you think that Rousey could take out the Big Show?

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronda has what, 1 KO against 135 LB women? What exactly would she do once she got him down? So absurd it's laughable

That KO was a result of dumping her opponent on her head, Alexis Davis if I remember correctly.

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew a guy who used to rip out hearts ,feel them beat and then put them back in. He also carried a sewing kit to stitch them back up

...and if he would've ran into Hannette Stack, she would've broken both of his heart ripping arms.

I doubt a 120lber with a 12 inch arm could knockout a 200lb football player esp a running back. This guy has big lineman and linebackers of 200-300 lbs trying to take him down. Talk about leg strength .Would take 1 big ass glass jaw. When I used to wrestle in HS would take on 3 guys 98,105 and 112 just for laughs and it reminded me of midget wrestling back in the day. These guys had no strength because of weight, like fight 12 yr old kids

Now, if you wrestled, then I beliee you just might have been a bear....now, had you wrestled and been even decent at Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, you would have been Death Incarnate.

Leroy,

You didn't answer my question regarding the Big Show. Do you think that Rousey could take out the Big Show?

No.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leroy, let's just drop it. It's clear you've bitten hook line and sinker into your traditional martial arts schools BS that technique wins over size and strength. As I said, technique does win out, when the size and strength of the two combatants are within 10% of each other. This is why men don't fight women, and there are different weight divisions every 15-20 pounds. Rice is 25% bigger and 3-4 times stronger. She's a better fighter, but her shit wouldn't work on him. She wet her pants over the prospect of going up one weight class to fight another woman, Cyborg. You obviously read all the magazines, watch UFC every day, and believe everything you hear from Ronda. I seriously doubt you've ever sparred, let alone fought, because if you did, you'd know how absurd your argument is. You can write all the 1000 word essays you like, you're still wrong

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leroy, let's just drop it. It's clear you've bitten hook line and sinker into your traditional martial arts schools BS that technique wins over size and strength. As I said, technique does win out, when the size and strength of the two combatants are within 10% of each other. This is why men don't fight women, and there are different weight divisions every 15-20 pounds. Rice is 25% bigger and 3-4 times stronger. She's a better fighter, but her shit wouldn't work on him. She wet her pants over the prospect of going up one weight class to fight another woman, Cyborg. You obviously read all the magazines, watch UFC every day, and believe everything you hear from Ronda. I seriously doubt you've ever sparred, let alone fought, because if you did, you'd know how absurd your argument is. You can write all the 1000 word essays you like, you're still wrong

Hold on, for the tenth time, what have I said that has anything to do with traditional martial arts? Do you even know what that term means? I KNOW you've never fought (you probably LARP'ed in some pajamas) because you said what all fakers say: "Cage fighting isn't REAL fighting"

I don't read MMA magazines, I watch maybe two hours total UFC every three months or so, and no, Rousey was retarded when she said she could beat any woman in the world in a pure Jiu Jitsu match. Stack would absolutely destroy her in pure Jitz. She was also retarded when she said she could beat Floyd...as Floyd would kill her. So no..try again, Rex Kwon Do.

You know nothing of fighting if you think BJJ is a traditional martial art. You need to just stop talking, Keyboard Warrior. Sit the next few plays out. Go do some research and learn about it, or better yet, go to the nearest legit BJJ/MMA school and have your eyes opened to what "REAL" fighting is. Again, if you need help locating one in your area, I have no problem helping you find one.

I'm still waiting on that Sherdog link, by the way.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on, for the tenth time, what have I said that has anything to do with traditional martial arts? Do you even know what that term means? I KNOW you've never fought (you probably LARP'ed in some pajamas) because you said what all fakers say: "Cage fighting isn't REAL fighting"

I don't read MMA magazines, I watch maybe two hours total UFC every three months or so, and no, Rousey was retarded when she said she could beat any woman in the world in a pure Jiu Jitsu match. Stack would absolutely destroy her in pure Jitz. She was also retarded when she said she could beat Floyd...as Floyd would kill her. So no..try again, Rex Kwon Do.

You know nothing of fighting if you think BJJ is a traditional martial art. You need to just stop talking, Keyboard Warrior. Sit the next few plays out. Go do some research and learn about it, or better yet, go to the nearest legit BJJ/MMA school and have your eyes opened to what "REAL" fighting is. Again, if you need help locating one in your area, I have no problem helping you find one.

I'm still waiting on that Sherdog link, by the way.
I decided to pass on the link when I realized you are a fruitcake. And yes, BJJ is as traditional as TKD. It's sport fighting. Does you little good in real world application. While you are pulling armbar from mount, someone else is stomping your face. I'm done arguing with ya Bro, get back to your wax on whacks off Daniel San:L

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I decided to pass on the link when I realized you are a fruitcake. And yes, BJJ is as traditional as TKD. It's sport fighting. Does you little good in real world application. While you are pulling armbar from mount, someone else is stomping your face. I'm done arguing with ya Bro, get back to your wax on whacks off Daniel San:L

Nicolas-Cage-Trying-to-hold-in-laughter.gif

REX KWON DO! REX KWON DO! REX KWON DO!

Ohnoz!!! Not the Amazing Head Stomping Henchmen who magically appear in every fight in which a grappler takes down an opponent!

Let me guess, you must do Th3 D3adly K8AV MAGA!

So wrestling has no real world application? It is a grappling art too, you know. You have proven yourself the fool. No I know you were bullshitting about that Sherdog link. You have completely made my day. It's guys like you that get people killed.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohnoz!!! Not the Amazing Head Stomping Henchmen who magically appear in every fight in which a grappler takes down an opponent!

So wrestling has no real world application? It is a grappling art too, you know. You have proven yourself the fool. No I know you were bullshitting about that Sherdog link. You have completely made my day. It's guys like you that get people killed.

Fruit.......Cake......

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon UK dont get me killed

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you agree that there comes a time in which size and strength make training irrelevant.

That's good. Now you seem to think that doesn't apply in this situation and that's fine. I disagree but I can understand your point.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree that there comes a time in which size and strength make training irrelevant.

That's good. Now you seem to think that doesn't apply in this situation and that's fine. I disagree but I can understand your point.

Not just size and strength but also gender. No disrespect to women but them the facts

Status
Not open for further replies.