• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you do a pay per view for Ronda Rousey against Ray Rice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is all this ''post your lineage'' Bullshit Mr Miyagi? I've trained at a well respected school for 20 years, but I'm not about to post personal info on a public forum lol. I get it, you are traditional Martial Arts, kicks for kids, and all that. Let me ask you something Bruh....what was Brock Lesnars ''lineage''? Sure, his glass jaw was eventually exposed, but here was a guy, who had wrestled in college, but had never fought in a cage in his life, and he walks in and becomes UFC Heavyweight Champion because he was bigger and stronger than the well trained MEN he was fighting. And you're saying Ronda could take a 200+ lb All Pro football player? Dude, just stop, your embarrassing yourself.....:L

Now you're showing your ignorance of the discussion. There is NOTHING "traditional martial arts, Mr. Miyagi, kicks for kid, and all that" about Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and ESPECIALLY a BJJ lineage like that.

The simple reason why BJJ practitioners ask about lineage is to avoid wasting time paying for instruction from people who talk good shit but had and teach shit training, or guys like you who simply know nothing about modern martial arts but swear to Bruce Lee you're all about Th3 D3adly!

Let me ask you something, "Bruh," WHAT HAVE YOU TRAINED AND WHO HAVE YOU TRAINED UNDER?!?!?

Again, simple question, if you want to talk about fighting, you should have some viable experience and viable teachers. If not, you're a keyboard warrior. More than likely a LARP'er who was either self taught or took some form of 'ninjitsu' some guy made up from a mosh of Kenpo, Shotokan, kung fu, and Bruce Lee movies.

What's so difficult about posting what style you have trained for twenty years? How is that personal information?

As far as Lesnar is concerned...wrestling is an amazing art to have as a base when entering into MMA. I'm sure your son, the "MMA fighter" could've told you that. You know nothing, and I doubt you could last two minutes with a female blue belt Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioner before tapping out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She wouldnt stand a chance vs Rice only a moron would think otherwise or someone who watches to many karate movies, and believes they can jump backwards to 3 story rooftops. She kicks him, he grabs her, its all over

Same question for you: "What have you trained, who have you trained under?"

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ive trained in the school of hard knocks, did plenty of time and these little trained fighters, always got the shit kicked out of them by bigger guys in the yard, mano i mano. Stop with the nonsense bad bad leroy brown baddest man in the whole SportsHoopla

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive trained in the school of hard knocks, did plenty of time and these little trained fighters, always got the shit kicked out of them by bigger guys in the yard, mano i mano. Stop with the nonsense bad bad leroy brown baddest man in the whole SportsHoopla

So the answer is NOTHING! :pound:

You guys are so much fun. The only thing nonsense about this discussion would be the fellas talking about modern martial arts that have utterly no knowledge and experience in modern martial arts.

I'm sure you and UKCowboy's Rex Kwon Do would lay Rousey out in a heartbeat.

rex1.bmp

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can do more than that, I could PM you where you can find my fighting record on Sherdog. Can you say that? Somehow, I doubt it, Mr BBJ Lineage has never been close to a cage. Besides the fact, you keep blathering on about BJJ, when Ronda is a Judo practitioner. Go back and put on your Gi, practice your RNC, and then proudly wear your ''American Fighter'' shirt all around the Mall today. Then pound that keyboard about studying directly under the Gracie's with an understudy in Ed Parker Kenpo and Master Toddy Muay Thai. You're still arguing Ronda Rousey could take Ray Rice in a fight, which makes you an imbecile either way:L

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You guys are so much fun. The only thing nonsense about this discussion would be the fellas talking about modern martial arts that have utterly no knowledge and experience in modern martial arts.

rex1.bmp

Nobody is saying that and you patting yourself on the back and demeaning others doesn't help the fact that your argument is lacking common sense. She knows how to fight is your entire argument. A kid I went to HS with who is now in the NFL came in 3rd in the state in wrestling and didn't have a single ounce of wrestling ability or technique. He won because he was simply stronger and could manhandle his opponents. The same would be true here. Rousey is an elite female fighter, nobody in her weight class can come close but the bottom line is she cannot compete with the strength of Ray Rice. Again, if she went for an armbar he would throw her across the ring.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rex1.bmp

I gave you the answer never trained, because I could always handle myself and am more of a street fighter. If I was a wimp 100lb guy I would have been in judo classes. MMA is after my time.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rex1.bmp

Whos's thay gayper in the red,white and blue weird al yankovich? My 17 yr old son would split his lid

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is saying that and you patting yourself on the back and demeaning others doesn't help the fact that your argument is lacking common sense. She knows how to fight is your entire argument. A kid I went to HS with who is now in the NFL came in 3rd in the state in wrestling and didn't have a single ounce of wrestling ability or technique. He won because he was simply stronger and could manhandle his opponents. The same would be true here. Rousey is an elite female fighter, nobody in her weight class can come close but the bottom line is she cannot compete with the strength of Ray Rice. Again, if she went for an armbar he would throw her across the ring.

Exactly. In the Tate fight, Ronda got wobbled by a punch from a 130 lb girl wearing gloves, with some seriously sloppy technique. Ray Rice wouldn't last 30 seconds with a trained 205 fighter, but he would KO Rousey the first time he touched her.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it would be over after the first punch and those talking about Rousey's "training" are delusional. You guys are kidding yourselves if you think a 137 lbs woman could take a punch from a professional athlete like Ray Rice.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it would be over after the first punch and those talking about Rousey's "training" are delusional. You guys are kidding yourselves if you think a 137 lbs woman could take a punch from a professional athlete like Ray Rice.

Exactly. You can't ''train'' your chin. Certainly, having a huge neck, keeping your chin tucked, your mouth closed, etc, can help, but pounds per square inch jaw displacement equals a knockout. She can do everything correctly, and she still couldn't absorb one shot from Rice

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can do more than that, I could PM you where you can find my fighting record on Sherdog. Can you say that? Somehow, I doubt it, Mr BBJ Lineage has never been close to a cage. Besides the fact, you keep blathering on about BJJ, when Ronda is a Judo practitioner. Go back and put on your Gi, practice your RNC, and then proudly wear your ''American Fighter'' shirt all around the Mall today. Then pound that keyboard about studying directly under the Gracie's with an understudy in Ed Parker Kenpo and Master Toddy Muay Thai. You're still arguing Ronda Rousey could take Ray Rice in a fight, which makes you an imbecile either way:L

I'll be waiting on that PM, but for now, what did you train and who did you train under? I know that Rousey is a Judo practitioner. I also know how Judo, Greco, and Folkstyle blend in with BJJ. Rousey has also rolled countless times with some of the best BJJ practitioners on the planet, from Bravo to Rener.

Another dead giveaway, even in jest, someone serious would NOT lump Muay Thai in with Kenpo. Stop telling on yourself.

She has the armbar setups of a BJJ Brown belt or higher...but I'm sure you knew that, huh? :rollseyes:

Please tell me what you have done, what you have trained, or the expert opinion of your trainer...not what you saw some kid in high school do. I've seen purple belt females choke out brand new guys to BJJ, guys who looked like they spent an enternity in Gold's gym. Hell, when I started, I was submitted five different ways by a female blue belt in a five minute roll and that's with me benching 280 pounds at the time. Until you get out there on that mat or run into a effectively trained person (meaning NOT just shotokan, kempo, TKD, kung fu, or any other type of bullshit that claims to be too deadly for the cage), you simply don't know what you're talking about.

The reality is you know nothing until you've been choked out and knocked out a few times...and then all you know is how to humble yourself and admit you know nothing and these people who actually fight 3-5 times a week against a live, fully resisting opponent are better than you. I'm trying to help you guys, not demean you. I would hate for you to think you stood a chance in hell grappling with a Brown belt female judoka you outweigh by 40 lbs or a purple belt female jiu jitsu practitioner you outweight by 40 lbs. Either would break your arm or put you to sleep in seconds unless you've had some realistic training.

I gave you the answer never trained, because I could always handle myself and am more of a street fighter. If I was a wimp 100lb guy I would have been in judo classes. MMA is after my time.

I'm sure you were the man back in your day...

Exactly. In the Tate fight, Ronda got wobbled by a punch from a 130 lb girl wearing gloves, with some seriously sloppy technique. Ray Rice wouldn't last 30 seconds with a trained 205 fighter, but he would KO Rousey the first time he touched her.

...still waiting on that PM. If Ray Rice has some boxing, wrestling, Muay Thai, BJJ, sambo, etc. background I'm unaware of, then sure, he'd give Rousey hell...but if all his fighting training includes is knocking out his fiance, then a world class judoka who has been training since eight years old will give him hell.

Rousey doesn't walk into that blow the same way Janay does.

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can see where Floyd Mayweather would blast Rousey...Ray Rice isn't Floyd Mayweather. If he doesn't have the requisite background, he would have a hard time with Rousey.

The keyboard warrior mentality here runs deep, I see.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be waiting on that PM, but for now, what did you train and who did you train under? I know that Rousey is a Judo practitioner. I also know how Judo, Greco, and Folkstyle blend in with BJJ. Rousey has also rolled countless times with some of the best BJJ practitioners on the planet, from Bravo to Rener.

Another dead giveaway, even in jest, someone serious would NOT lump Muay Thai in with Kenpo. Stop telling on yourself.

She has the armbar setups of a BJJ Brown belt or higher...but I'm sure you knew that, huh? :rollseyes:

Please tell me what you have done, what you have trained, or the expert opinion of your trainer...not what you saw some kid in high school do. I've seen purple belt females choke out brand new guys to BJJ, guys who looked like they spent an enternity in Gold's gym. Hell, when I started, I was submitted five different ways by a female blue belt in a five minute roll and that's with me benching 280 pounds at the time. Until you get out there on that mat or run into a effectively trained person (meaning NOT just shotokan, kempo, TKD, kung fu, or any other type of bullshit that claims to be too deadly for the cage), you simply don't know what you're talking about.

The reality is you know nothing until you've been choked out and knocked out a few times...and then all you know is how to humble yourself and admit you know nothing and these people who actually fight 3-5 times a week against a live, fully resisting opponent are better than you. I'm trying to help you guys, not demean you. I would hate for you to think you stood a chance in hell grappling with a Brown belt female judoka you outweigh by 40 lbs or a purple belt female jiu jitsu practitioner you outweight by 40 lbs. Either would break your arm or put you to sleep in seconds unless you've had some realistic training.

I'm sure you were the man back in your day...

...still waiting on that PM. If Ray Rice has some boxing, wrestling, Muay Thai, BJJ, sambo, etc. background I'm unaware of, then sure, he'd give Rousey hell...but if all his fighting training includes is knocking out his fiance, then a world class judoka who has been training since eight years old will give him hell.

Rousey doesn't walk into that blow the same way Janay does.

This is my last post on the matter because we're clearly not changing each others minds but I find it comical that I'm talking about state wrestling championships and you dismiss that in favor of some random scrub at your local gym getting beat on his first day. And you think some how your story is far more valid than mine...

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my last post on the matter because we're clearly not changing each others minds but I find it comical that I'm talking about state wrestling championships and you dismiss that in favor of some random scrub at your local gym getting beat on his first day. And you think some how your story is far more valid than mine...

I definitely didn't dismiss wrestling, you haven't been paying attention to my posts if you think I have....I dismissed your first hand account of how someone with no technique whatsoever finished third in state. Let me ask, he never collar tied or whizzered anyone on his way to third in the state? I mean, the guy had no technique whatsoever right? Did he at least go to practice? Who is this Paul Bunyan you speak of?

Let the other guy tell it, Brock Lesnar just showed up and did a bit of rasslin' in college, then WWE, then took over MMA. I guess this guy you speak of is of the same matter. :whistle:

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I don't believe in martial arts mysticism, the Dim Mak, or any of that other BS. I know that karate (with the exception of certain styles of Kyokushin, depending on the intensity of the training), TKD, kenpo, kung fu, etc. is pretty much a waste of time.

Muay Thai and American Boxing will get you out of a street fight alive more than any of that preceding stuff put together. Wrestlers, BJJ'ers, Judokas, Samboists....those are people not to be trifled with. Those people actually train against live resisting opponents on a regular basis. They don't just talk about it. A black belt in Jiu Jitsu has been tapped out thousands of times before they got that belt. It wasn't handed to them. It's not like karate where you never have to fight to get your black belt in three to five years. While judo's ranking requirements aren't as strict as BJJ, they don't hand that rank out either...but to be an Olympian in that sport...you're utterly amazing. Not to mention Rousey rolls with legit BJJ black belts and trains with them all the time. She is a grappling fool. Even if her stand up is pathetic compared to some of the better MMA'ers, it's still leagues ahead of Ray Rice's.

Start blending wrestling with BJJ, Judo, sambo...mix in some American boxing or MT for your striking, now you've got something.

I know guys who look like librarians who could decimate an untrained athlete. I know women who are 5'4, 130 pounds and routinely submit new guys who they give up thirty to fifty pounds to. You cannot underestimate years of training against live, fully resisting opponents. Yes, athleticism and strength have a say...but in complete absence of training against the world's best woman at fighting? Ok.

The only people who tend to believe that not have ever trained themselves. I'm not talking about your 10th degree dan in karate with the pot belly. I'm talking about people who train in arts where kata is not requisite for promotion. I'm talking about arts where you actually get in shape from training, not fool yourself into thinking you're something like a ninja without having broken a sweat at the 'dojo.'

Rice could land that lucky shot and knock her out. I could win a thousand dollar scratch off today. I definitely wouldn't bet on either though. I respect the time, effort, and sweat Rousey has put into training arts that require fully resisting training partners in order to get better.

I don't claim to possess "Th3 D3adly." I just know you can't lie to yourself and your ego and what you thought you knew about fighting quickly dissipates into shreds once you get tapped out ten different ways in five minutes. There happens to be some very tough women in the world, and unless you've tried to take on a female black belt judoka or even a upper level female blue belt BJJ practitioner and came out successful despite your lack of training, I wouldn't dare say an untrained male would just 'knock her out, first punch."

Last edited by a moderator:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my doubts that she could take a knock out punch from Rice. If she wanted to get in a ring with him, I'd watch, just see if she could win.

Do you think Rice would ever GET a chance to "throw a knock out punch?" on her?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ronda would get killed. Her holds won't work when the person she's fighting has 5 times her strength.

It depends. As a trained fighter, she knows the most vulnerable strike points and how to hit them. If she was able to do that, she would have a shot.

Having said that, in her younger days my wife took kickboxing classes to learn self-defense. There is a reason that the instructor always told her and the other women in the class that if they found themselves up against a man, to use what they learned to get away as quickly as possible. He always told them that they should never try to "stand and fight" against a man because the longer the fight lasts, the more likely it was that they would get hurt.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends. As a trained fighter, she knows the most vulnerable strike points and how to hit them. If she was able to do that, she would have a shot.

Having said that, in her younger days my wife took kickboxing classes to learn self-defense. There is a reason that the instructor always told her and the other women in the class that if they found themselves up against a man, to use what they learned to get away as quickly as possible. He always told them that they should never try to "stand and fight" against a man because the longer the fight lasts, the more likely it was that they would get hurt.

Your wife had a real instructor. Use your skill to surprise them and then run like Hell. Grown men of the same size hit each other, and will knock out a tooth, break a nose, whatever. It still doesn't stop them for the most part. You have to really have some pop to straight up KO an equal sized man with one shot. Ronda is a trained fighter, if she hit him in the face he'd probably say ouch, probably get pissed off, but it sure as Hell wouldn't stop him. Ronda has what, 1 KO against 135 LB women? What exactly would she do once she got him down? So absurd it's laughable

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd pay for a PPV of Rousey's workout routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.