• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2023-2024 Offseason Thread

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I said and what you are saying I said are vastly different. I think you know that, too.
that's what i read and it sure sounds like you are suggesting that all 3 go to pen under certain circumstances.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
assumptions not possible to prove. i haven't lost faith that the Rangers aren't going to improve the bullpen through possible free agency and trade.
Almost everything we have discussed since the end of the season have been assumptions that are not possible to prove. News of trades are just about the only exceptions. That is the case whether the assumption is based on faith or not.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what i read and it sure sounds like you are suggesting that all 3 go to pen under certain circumstances.
Those certain circumstances are so remote that what I said I would do will not come into play at all. You act as if I already had those three injured pitchers scheduled to head to the pen.

I will reiterate though, if you have a whole staff going great I would not mess with that. The chances of that happening are most likely less than 1%.

Similarly, if Langford doesn't start the season up here and we have 3 OF and a DH all hitting .350 each, and with an OPS over .900, I am not going to bring Langford up. Again, the chances of that being the case are less than 1%. For someone to read where I said that, and suggest I don't want to bring Langford up this year, that would be taking what I said and twisting it to mean something I did not say.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would set pitch limits or maybe inning limits but you still have to clear 26-man spots for them. we may have to trade at least 1 of our starters prior to the July 31st trade deadline (Heaney makes the most sense here) and return at least 1 to the minors (Bradford makes the most sense here).

and that still doesn't cover dealing with Mahle and Coleman coming onto the 26-man. Coleman i guess could just be returned to the Yankees but Mahle?
These things have a way of working their way out. If all were healthy and we are in contention which I expect if healthy I doubt if we trade Heaney.

This approach having starter depth over pen depth did seem to work cone playoffs and Heaney was valuable. Given roster spot openings I would expect one more pen piece but I doubt if it is Hader due to the money.
Think they rather spend it on Montgomery

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manaea signs with the Mets. He was one of the guys I thought would be a good fit here because he could either start or go to the pen.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This approach having starter depth over pen depth did seem to work cone playoffs
The lack of pen depth came very, very close to keeping us from going to the playoffs, though. I would not want to take that chance again.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CY quote in Kennedi Landry's article:

“[We’re pleased] with what Sam did in Triple-A,” Young said. “I think that the one thing that we probably didn't do a good enough job of -- and part of it was just the up-and-down nature of his season -- but he truly didn't catch that many games.

“I think there's more experience to be gained in terms of just his overall catching. That said, he may get that in the big leagues, maybe in Triple-A again. We will see how the offseason plays out. But Sam has put himself in a tremendous spot in terms of his success and the way he played in Triple-A.”

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CY quote in Kennedi Landry's article:

“[We’re pleased] with what Sam did in Triple-A,” Young said. “I think that the one thing that we probably didn't do a good enough job of -- and part of it was just the up-and-down nature of his season -- but he truly didn't catch that many games.

“I think there's more experience to be gained in terms of just his overall catching. That said, he may get that in the big leagues, maybe in Triple-A again. We will see how the offseason plays out. But Sam has put himself in a tremendous spot in terms of his success and the way he played in Triple-A.”
Watch them sign a backup catcher

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, I would have to say the Cowboys. The minute the Rangers season ended, I had very little confidence in them to make it past the first round.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually they cut the effect by deferring part of it. not near Ohtani's deferrals but 8.5M will be deferred to 2030-2039
They did another deferral? I think that is a bunch of garbage.