• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2023-2024 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would trust him for that much seeing how he flamed to close out last year
That's why the guys who are more reliable cost more. If this guy can get this much, think how much Snell amd Montgomery will get.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the Rangers need to decide now of Langford is going to be the LF this year so they can trade Taveras and get something for him. I know they don't like to proclaim a youngster as a starter this early, but they have done it before. They made room for Profar to start in the previous offseason. They could even bring in a veteran and claim he is the starter until Langford is ready, if they are averse to showing confidence in Langford before ST starts.

They could simply trade Taveras and say the current OF is Duran, Carter, and Garcia.
i think they trade Duran, Taveras and others for pitching prior to ST and sign Jankowski.

my positional players part of the roster goes:

Batting order
Semien
Seager
Carter
Garcia
Jung
Langford
Lowe
Heim
DH(Crim/Foscue/Huff)

Bench
Crim
Foscue
Huff
Jankowski
Smith

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wish he would bring with him the idea of building a great bullpen in the offsrason as a bullpen strategy.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With progress made on the Rangers’ local TV situation — word is, they may get a one-time payment of about $90M — they seem likely to be back in play for Jordan Montgomery. A reunion always made sense since Montgomery is their Astros killer.

The Rangers and Phillies both make sense for star closer Josh Hader, but he’s been connected more to the Dodgers. The Yankees seem focused on a starter, for now. But he’d be nice fallback option if they can’t land Montgomery (not that likely) or Blake Snell.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jan. 4: Rangers viewed as Montgomery's 'first choice'

As one of the best starting pitchers left on the free-agent market, Montgomery is appealing to a lot of teams; perhaps at least six clubs are vying for him.

But the left-hander may hold one team in higher regard than the rest: the Texas Rangers.
Although the Yankees have been connected to the left-hander with whom they spent six seasons prior to a 2022 trade to St. Louis, a source with knowledge of the Yankees' thinking told NJ.com's Randy Miller that Texas is considered Montgomery's "first choice."

"He loves Texas," the source said of Montgomery. "That’s really where he wants to go.”

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jan. 4: Rangers viewed as Montgomery's 'first choice'

As one of the best starting pitchers left on the free-agent market, Montgomery is appealing to a lot of teams; perhaps at least six clubs are vying for him.

But the left-hander may hold one team in higher regard than the rest: the Texas Rangers.
Although the Yankees have been connected to the left-hander with whom they spent six seasons prior to a 2022 trade to St. Louis, a source with knowledge of the Yankees' thinking told NJ.com's Randy Miller that Texas is considered Montgomery's "first choice."

"He loves Texas," the source said of Montgomery. "That’s really where he wants to go.”
Please oh please.

him being a silver bullet for the Astros is the main reason I want him back so bad.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical time:

The Rangers do end up signing Monty to the 5year/$125million deal bc they finally get paid by Bally’s.

Now they enter the season with a rotation of:
Eovaldi
Montgomery
Gray
Dunning
Heaney

And after the All-Star break they get:

deGrom
Scherzer
Mahle

Let’s also assume not more than 1 of them are hurt at a time post All-Star break. What do you do for the remainder of the season? Do we trade someone? Use the playoff method for the final 2-3 months of 2 starters per game to get you through the first 6-7 innings with each starter on a lower pitch count to stay fresh, sharp and injury free? I’d love to hear y’all’s ideas of what would be a very good “problem” to have.

gregrey972

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical time:

The Rangers do end up signing Monty to the 5year/$125million deal bc they finally get paid by Bally’s.

Eovaldi
Montgomery
Gray
Dunning
Heaney

deGrom
Scherzer
Mahle

Let’s also assume not more than 1 of them are hurt at a time post All-Star break. What do you do for the remainder of the season? Do we trade someone? Use the playoff method for the final 2-3 months of 2 starters per game to get you through the first 6-7 innings with each starter on a lower pitch count to stay fresh, sharp and injury free? I’d love to hear y’all’s ideas of what would be a very good “problem” to have.
I’m leaning toward the playoff method which really allows us to ease the injured pitchers back in

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical time:

Eovaldi
Montgomery
Gray
Dunning
Heaney

deGrom
Scherzer
Mahle

i/m leaning toward a 6-man rotation to open the season with:

Eovaldi
Montgomery
Gray
Heaney
Dunning
Bradford

and then with Mahle and Scherzer coming available in June staying with the 6-man with:

Eovaldi
Montgomery
Scherzer
Mahle
Gray
Dunning

and probably trading Heaney at the deadline and then in August or September moving gray to the pen and inserting deGram in his place

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical time:

Eovaldi
Montgomery
Gray
Dunning
Heaney

deGrom
Scherzer
Mahle

I go with the playoff method and bolster the BP.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hypothetical time:

Eovaldi
Montgomery
Gray
Dunning
Heaney

deGrom
Scherzer
Mahle

First, I flip Heaney and Bradford to start the season. Heaney goes to the pen and Bradford is in the rotation.

I probably put Scherzer in the pen. If everyone in the rotation is going great then Mahle and deGrom would go to the pen as well. I doubt that will be the case, but you never know. It might be too late to trade anyone.

Outside of your scenario, I still want Hader more than Montgomery.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There seems to be a number of trades being made today.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I flip Heaney and Bradford to start the season. Heaney goes to the pen and Bradford is in the rotation.

I probably put Scherzer in the pen. If everyone in the rotation is going great then Mahle and deGrom would go to the pen as well. I doubt that will be the case, but you never know. It might be too late to trade anyone.

Outside of your scenario, I still want Hader more than Montgomery.
deGrom to the pen?