• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2023-2024 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have the Rangers at #3.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have the Rangers at #3.
Fair ranking. That said, if the offense produces at least to last year's level along with an improved pen and, say, a late season rotation of deGrom, Eovaldi, Mahle, Gray and Scherzer/Dunning? That's a team that can absolutely beat the Dodgers and Braves in a hypothetical WS matchup.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair ranking. That said, if the offense produces at least to last year's level along with an improved pen and, say, a late season rotation of deGrom, Eovaldi, Mahle, Gray and Scherzer/Dunning? That's a team that can absolutely beat the Dodgers and Braves in a hypothetical WS matchup.
I think if they actually let Langford begin the season in LF for the Rangers, he will do more to improve the team than Carter did last year. I also think Carter will improve. I have confidence one of our younger guys can take up a lot of the slack for Garver. I also have confidence in Bradford being a very pleasant surprise as a starting pitcher in 2024. I think those things add up to a great season as long as we pick up some bullpen help.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if they actually let Langford begin the season in LF for the Rangers, he will do more to improve the team than Carter did last year. I also think Carter will improve. I have confidence one of our younger guys can take up a lot of the slack for Garver. I also have confidence in Bradford being a very pleasant surprise as a starting pitcher in 2024. I think those things add up to a great season as long as we pick up some bullpen help.
Langford gives me Michael young vibes at the plate. The guy just seems like a bonified hitter. Is that a fair comparison? probably not.

I love the Langford vs. Carter debate. Can we delve into that fuller for those of us who don’t follow the minor leagues closely? I think most ranger fans were surprised by how much Carter improved the team when he was called up.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Langford gives me Michael young vibes at the plate. The guy just seems like a bonified hitter. Is that a fair comparison? probably not.

I love the Langford vs. Carter debate. Can we delve into that fuller for those of us who don’t follow the minor leagues closely? I think most ranger fans were surprised by how much Carter improved the team when he was called up.
I remember being very impressed with the numbers Young put up in the minors after we acquired him. He didn't come close to putting up the numbers Langford did for us in 2023, though. Carter had a better season in the minors this year than Young did, as well, and Evan was 3 or 4 years younger than Young. Langford is a year older than Carter.

Langford's numbers dwarfs both of them, though. Both Carter and Langford hit for more power than Young. Langford's HR pace was significantly higher than Young's, and his doubles pace was significantly better than Young's, as well. That is remarkable considering how good of a hitter Young was in the minors. It is not just than Langford out homered Young, but out doubling him as well, is incredible.

Our lineup next year with Langford in it will probably be better than our 2011 lineup, or at least rival it. Now, if Foscue and/or Huff does fairly well, watch out.

What we need to avoid is acquiring Grossman again and having Bochy be over loyal to him again.

With all of that being said, I am still a big fan of Duran's potential at the plate. I have no problem filling out the rest of the hitting part of our 26-man roster with our younger guys, with maybe the exception of Jankowski. This team does not need a Grossman or Calhoun type hitter.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially with Gray moving back into the pen.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we have not really gone into the Langford comparisons to Carter and his potential MLB roster opening

Carter is better defensively but not by much His arm may be not as good but I don’t know
Carter has proven himself at MLB level as clutch. Unproven as of yet to LHP. As a baserunner he is elite

Langford has superior power even to all fields
He was clutch in college in the big moments. good defensively and to me is our future LF
Really good runner
Carter may have a better eye

What a wonderful position we are in
2 young potential all stars

My thought though is we don’t rush him in opening day but if he blows doors off in ST then how can you hold him back

All in all Langford has more upside but Carter is special too and he has been a Sparkplug in the playoffs. Amazing
It is like he has the hand of God blessing his efforts

This is a golden period as a Ranger fan

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the Rangers need to decide now of Langford is going to be the LF this year so they can trade Taveras and get something for him. I know they don't like to proclaim a youngster as a starter this early, but they have done it before. They made room for Profar to start in the previous offseason. They could even bring in a veteran and claim he is the starter until Langford is ready, if they are averse to showing confidence in Langford before ST starts.

They could simply trade Taveras and say the current OF is Duran, Carter, and Garcia.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucas Giolito signs with Red Sox

$38,500,000 over 2 years

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucas Giolito signs with Red Sox

$38,500,000 over 2 years
Not sure I would trust him for that much seeing how he flamed to close out last year

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the Rangers need to decide now of Langford is going to be the LF this year so they can trade Taveras and get something for him. I know they don't like to proclaim a youngster as a starter this early, but they have done it before. They made room for Profar to start in the previous offseason. They could even bring in a veteran and claim he is the starter until Langford is ready, if they are averse to showing confidence in Langford before ST starts.

They could simply trade Taveras and say the current OF is Duran, Carter, and Garcia.
Not against this but want to get value for Leody
They could easily platoon Duran and Janks if we signed him

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not against this but want to get value for Leody
They could easily platoon Duran and Janks if we signed him
Leody definitely has value.