• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Cup of Hockey returns in 2016

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a big cash grab for both owners and players, with the Canadian dollar hovering around 75 cents US (and likely headed lower), Bettman is looking for extra revenue anywhere he can find it.

That's fine & dandy. I just hope for the sake of every team in the league that zero star players get injured & end their teams season.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

lol - I was hoping to see I. P. Freely on the call log list.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol Jennifer had a rough day ... great audio ... I was hoping for a "Is Joe Flacco an elite qb?" question

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West Coast Bias: No clarity in Flames' crowded crease - Sportsnet.ca

A thought on the World Cup, and the effect that the Team North America — the U-24 group — could have on rosters of both Team Canada and Team USA.

I have a hard time thinking of a single U-24 player who would be picked to play on Team Canada. Maybe an Aaron Ekblad, or possibly Connor McDavid if he really dazzles? Either way, it’s a toss-up. But there’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that Winnipeg’s 21-year-old defenceman Jacob Trouba, Nashville blue-liner Seth Jones (21), and even winger Johnny Gaudreau (22) would all have excellent chances of making Team USA.

That could serve to separate Team Canada even further from the International pack come next September.

That's a very good point. Just remember Americans, this is the brainchild of an American commissioner.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, it's a good staff. I know a lot of people thought Joel Q should've gotten the HC reigns, and while that's understandable can you imagine the shitstorm Hockey Canada would've had on their hands if Joel Q were named HC and Canada didn't win? The "why fuck with a winning formula" pieces would've been nausea-inducing.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, it's a good staff. I know a lot of people thought Joel Q should've gotten the HC reigns, and while that's understandable can you imagine the shitstorm Hockey Canada would've had on their hands if Joel Q were named HC and Canada didn't win? The "why fuck with a winning formula" pieces would've been nausea-inducing.

Hockey Canada just doesn't like the image Coach Q puts forward at times...

joelballs.gif

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still don't know which team I'm throwing my support behind. That U-23 team could have a couple of Flames on it (Johnny Hockey and Moneyhands), I'm leaning towards that squad.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't know which team I'm throwing my support behind. That U-23 team could have a couple of Flames on it (Johnny Hockey and Moneyhands), I'm leaning towards that squad.
They'll have Leafs leading scorer (I'm not making that up) Morgan Rielly as well, so they will also get my attention.

Gaudreau is probably one of the 5 best American players right now and he can't play for his country. Good job, Bettman. Good job.

Last edited:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to actually lean towards...

truth be told Im super miffed there isnt an under 20 team

can you imagine (said in Bryz voice)

Romanuk: "Heres 20 year old Sam Bennett (pronounced by Romanuk as Ben-nay), over to 20 year old Jared McCann now over to 20 year old Jake Virtanen"

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll have Leafs leading scorer (I'm not making that up) Morgan Rielly as well, so they will also get my attention.

Gaudreau is probably one of the 5 best American players right now and he can't play for his country. Good job, Bettman. Good job.

Top 5? Hmm.

1. Young Crosby

2. Old Rapie (Kane)
3. Bobby "intensity" Ryan
4. Justin Abdelkader
5.???

I guess it's Gaudreau. Story checks out.