• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Islanders Ever be Good Again?

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Micheletti is right up there with Bob Cole. It's funny that Denis Potvin does the future QC franchise in Sunrise, Flo-Rider. And yes, the Isles pair is pretty much the worst, and the Smell-gary Flam-bays are easily the best. Burak, and Hnidy are about middle of the road for Windy-pogo - but why, oh why do we have to endure B-coli when their production is done by HNIC.

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you kind sir....the team is ho-humming along. What a difference a couple of defensemen and a good goalie can do for a team!! I know they had a bunch of good acquisitions but I absolutely love what Kulemin and Leddy bring to the team.

I'm trying to not get too excited but it's been so damn long since we had a team this good.
How about Dave Christian's nephew Brock Nelson break out season or what

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish the Isles had different announcers. They're a fun team to watch but Howie Rose is tough to listen to on a hockey broadcast.

I have a soft spot for Rose for calling the Mets all these years. As for Goring....yikes. He's terrible.

I wish Jiggs McDonald would do every single broadcast. Brings me back to the glory days.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a soft spot for Rose for calling the Mets all these years. As for Goring....yikes. He's terrible.

I wish Jiggs McDonald would do every single broadcast. Brings me back to the glory days.

woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Now that's an hockey telecast. Probably toooooo young to remember Steady Eddie Westfall and Jiggs. No?

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Now that's an hockey telecast. Probably toooooo young to remember Steady Eddie Westfall and Jiggs. No?

Westfall and McDonald were the duo I heard as a kid....I'm too young to remember the cup wins (born in 1979) but definitely remember from like 1986 and on. Pretty sure my dad put me to sleep in an Isles jersey every night as an infant. Otherwise I probably would have chosen a more successful team!!!

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westfall and McDonald were the duo I heard as a kid....I'm too young to remember the cup wins (born in 1979) but definitely remember from like 1986 and on. Pretty sure my dad put me to sleep in an Isles jersey every night as an infant. Otherwise I probably would have chosen a more successful team!!!

Okay good, son! You were baptized correctly.

Who's jersey???? Trot's, Denny's? The Boss'?

My Dad worked for LiLCo and had many close buds. Two of which were HUGE Islander fans. Did I say HUGE? So yeah, I remember watching the Cups with them, retrieving beers for them from the fridge and sharing sips with their kids.

Mom worked for a moving van line whose salesmen had season ticket package - 200 level behind the net.

Those were some very good years my friend!

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay good, son! You were baptized correctly.

Who's jersey???? Trot's, Denny's? The Boss'?

My Dad worked for LiLCo and had many close buds. Two of which were HUGE Islander fans. Did I say HUGE? So yeah, I remember watching the Cups with them, retrieving beers for them from the fridge and sharing sips with their kids.

Mom worked for a moving van line whose salesmen had season ticket package - 200 level behind the net.

Those were some very good years my friend!

That's awesome. My dads favorite player was Trottier, so he ended up being my all-time favorite for the Isles as well. My uncle had season tickets in the 100s behind the bench and took my dad all the time. Apparently they were a pretty big deal back then!

My goal is to travel up from VA to the Coliseum one last time before the move. I want to not only watch this team live but just get to enjoy the atmosphere and fans. It's a dump of an arena but it's one of the loudest. That low ceiling gets that place rocking.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually kind of like Howie as a baseball announcer, his voice fits that sport. Hockey, not as much. But yes, Butch is awful.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Dave Christian's nephew Brock Nelson break out season or what

Nelson has been terrific. So has Ryan Strome. The Isles seem to be in good shape up front for quite some time. Michael Dal Colle has 38 points in 18 games for the Oshawa General of the OHL.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson has been terrific. So has Ryan Strome. The Isles seem to be in good shape up front for quite some time. Michael Dal Colle has 38 points in 18 games for the Oshawa General of the OHL.

Dal Colle was a very good draft pick. I hope he's on JT's wing next season on the first line.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://nyislesblog.com/articles/islanders-can-opt-out-of-barclay-s-center-lease

Seems the Isles can opt out of the Barclay's arena deal in three years...

Yeah I cant remember when or where, but I read that some people are saying Ratner (might have wrong guy) is potentially doing an end around. Basically going to get involved in the NCMC revitalization or rebuild project, let the team play for 3 years in Crooklyn, and then be involved in luring them back to the Island......to this new Arena (name to be determined).

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just trying to stay quiet and humble about this. It's almost like I don't know what the hell to do with myself!!

That defense needs to get a little healthier. They are banged up right now. Is this what it feels like to have good depth? I seriously feel like the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer. "Your world frightens and confuses me"

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just trying to stay quiet and humble about this. It's almost like I don't know what the hell to do with myself!!

That defense needs to get a little healthier. They are banged up right now. Is this what it feels like to have good depth? I seriously feel like the Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer. "Your world frightens and confuses me"

You should be positive and excited. This organization is emerging from some dark times ( I think they just sentenced a former owner to 10yrs). You got Tavares (enough said). Things are looking up. Skies are brightening