• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Islanders Ever be Good Again?

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth is a wonderful thing to have, but when Brian Strait is getting a regular shift it's a bit scary.

Our top 3 def are out on injuries and we only let up one goal on a 5 on 3. Strait is terrible, but they hung in there last night.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blowing 3 goal leads two games in a row sucks. They really need to get their D healthy & soon. Last night hurt big time. Vanek & Nino scoring the final two goals was painful to watch.

These are the types of stretches that they're bound to encounter over the course of a full season that will tell us if this really is a new team.

Truly good teams endure these stretches and persist. Bad teams let it affect their confidence and it shows for a long time.

For most of their recent history the Isles would definitely have fallen into the latter. This year seems different so far, but we'll see if they're for real soon.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the types of stretches that they're bound to encounter over the course of a full season that will tell us if this really is a new team.

Truly good teams endure these stretches and persist. Bad teams let it affect their confidence and it shows for a long time.

For most of their recent history the Isles would definitely have fallen into the latter. This year seems different so far, but we'll see if they're for real soon.

They're without Boychuk, Hamonic & Visnovsky. Cizikas is also out of the lineup. Injuries are a part of the game, but the 3 defenseman will be back soon. The Isles will be fine.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The goal posts were our friends last night. Getting goals from throughout the lineup is huge. Anders Lee has 11 goals. I wasn't sure if he would stick in the NHL. Great to see he's playing so well.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I learned last night is Potvin still sucks

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really miss the 1940 chant. Yes, I'm still bitter over the Rangers buying the Cup in 1994. The Oilers & Blackhawks didn't help either.

The 1940 chant was the best. But we move on....unlike the outdated Potvin chant. You don't see Isles fans in DC chanting "Dale Hunter Sucks" do you? Get over it.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We didn't have a choice though. It is funny that Rangers fans are still bitter over the Potvin check.

Exactly, we choose not to make a ridiculous chant in DC over something that happened in 1993. At this point, Ulf Nilsson can kiss my a**

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, we choose not to make a ridiculous chant in DC over something that happened in 1993. At this point, Ulf Nilsson can kiss my a**

Maybe Rangers fans can explain why they can't get over it. It didn't take long for me to get over the Hunter hit. Yeah it ticked me off & he'll always be one of my least favorite players of all time, but when your team beats the team that was supposed to win the Cup in the next round as a fan you really don't have much to complain about.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1940 chant was the best. But we move on....unlike the outdated Potvin chant. You don't see Isles fans in DC chanting "Dale Hunter Sucks" do you? Get over it.

Don't know if you remember but the old Devils arena (Brendan Byrne, nee Continental, nee IZOD) seated 19,040 for hockey. JD and Sam Rosen said they thought that was on purpose.....

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if you remember but the old Devils arena (Brendan Byrne, nee Continental, nee IZOD) seated 19,040 for hockey. JD and Sam Rosen said they thought that was on purpose.....

It wouldn't surprise me if it was on purpose. Obviously somebody spent some time thinking about it. I have a hard time believing they built the arena & the amount of seats just randomly ended up with that number.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Okposo is out for awhile with a detached retina. A very serious injury. I don't want to see him in the lineup until he's 100% healthy.

I wonder if the Isles have considered calling up Dal Colle on an emergency basis?