• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Islanders Ever be Good Again?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could the Isles be the best team in the Eastern Conference?

You damn them with faint praise.

D and G are not nearly good enough to be a serious Cup contender. But I do like the direction they are headed.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You damn them with faint praise.

D and G are not nearly good enough to be a serious Cup contender. But I do like the direction they are headed.
I'd be OK if they win the Cup though. First, it's always good to see a once-proud franchise return. And second, the later that first rounder that Buffalo traded to Winnipeg, the better. :D

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be OK if they win the Cup though. First, it's always good to see a once-proud franchise return. And second, the later that first rounder that Buffalo traded to Winnipeg, the better. :D

Amazing how the Sabres fans have done a 180 on the Islanders season in one fell swoop. Don't blame you though.....

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would be as well. They will have my full moral support (for whatever that is worth) once the real games begin in April.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how the Sabres fans have done a 180 on the Islanders season in one fell swoop. Don't blame you though.....
Yeah, it's a big difference since if the Isles (or Blues) go out in the first round, you're looking at a pick somewhere between 15th and 22nd overall. If they win it all, it's 30th and most likely only one spot ahead of the Sabres 2nd round pick.

Thornton Mellon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They rock! They are on the escalator "UP" and it looks like my Sharks are headed the other way...

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should we start a Jack Capuano death watch?

He made some really weird choices, that's for sure. But this situation reminds me of the Pens one a bit: injuries are an easy excuse, and could save some jobs. That said, Capuano's tenure has been wildly inconsistent. Fifth season there, two playoff appearances, both first round exits. Sure, last year could be an enigma, but what if the winning seasons are? Interesting situation there. Maybe a new town/arena means a new coach too. Snow wasn't the failure this year.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Isles, 2013 was a 'glad to be here' series. 2015 was a 'we're at the next level' series and send a message. Problem is i feel the coaching staff is the one who failed this team. The lessons have been learned. I'm tired of the BS about experience/non-experienced. You gain experience more from winning than losing. Get rid of the AHL coach and let's get somewhere in here who won't mess up the young budding stars (JT included) on this team.

Doug Weight should be hung from the rafters in Nassau. 0-15 on the PP in the playoffs. Not once did I see Boychuk on the #1 unit. Guy has a cannon and can change a game with one shot.

My posts are going to be ALL over the place today. I'm still pissed.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the Isles, 2013 was a 'glad to be here' series. 2015 was a 'we're at the next level' series and send a message. Problem is i feel the coaching staff is the one who failed this team. The lessons have been learned. I'm tired of the BS about experience/non-experienced. You gain experience more from winning than losing. Get rid of the AHL coach and let's get somewhere in here who won't mess up the young budding stars (JT included) on this team.

Doug Weight should be hung from the rafters in Nassau. 0-15 on the PP in the playoffs. Not once did I see Boychuk on the #1 unit. Guy has a cannon and can change a game with one shot.

My posts are going to be ALL over the place today. I'm still pissed.

Why the heck was Anders Lee scratched, btw? I admit to not watching consistently for the entire series, but, he had a dang good year. 25 goals? And goals were impossible to come by, so...healthy scratch. To me that's a major failure. Just looked up the guy's fancy stats, and he's elite at producing shots and opportunities. Meanwhile the Isles just got a dozen shots in a game 7.
Dashboard 1 (6).png Dashboard 1 (7).png

This is full season, but still. Lee may not be elite on the defensive side, but again: generates offense. And that's just one example. The offensive generation from the likes of Clutterbuck, Martin, Cizikas is uglier.