• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Islanders Ever be Good Again?

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ They start them young in Philly.

He’s in a battery/snowball throwing class next week

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ They start them young in Philly.

He’s in a battery/snowball throwing class next week

Feyenoord as well...

KlwsF0EFku8XzLuwFRhCLc1z2rH--F01YnD_bv6gUj0.jpg

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if this was real...:wank:

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tweet is gone (from a suspended account)
It was the parody McDavid tweet saying he’d been traded to the Islanders. Apparently it didn’t state it was a parody account.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the parody McDavid tweet saying he’d been traded to the Islanders. Apparently it didn’t state it was a parody account.

It was a parody, baby (oooh, ooh ooh ooh).

/A Khinspiracy

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love at the end where the zebra cruises by oblivious to it all...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who had January 27th in the "when will the islanders ever win again poll"?

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Islerzzz will be good again when they acquire Jimothy Timothy Miller … true story!

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love getting Horvat. Love giving up Beauvillier's salary. First round pick was meaningless because they were never going to make it, just a matter of who they gave it up for. Hate giving up Raty. Kid is going to be really, really good and has so many years ahead of him. But needed to be done. The islanders needed to add a top end scorer and to improve their power play more than anything and this has been the case for a few years.

Rumors that contract talks already took place on at least a cursory level and the fact that they are getting an extra month out of him by trading for him this early make it a great deal IMO. This is for the next few years as much as this year. But, sneaking into the playoffs, or not making the playoffs, just to be bounced in the first round hopefully isn't the return. Unfortunately one of those two is probably still the most likely outcome. At least it is some hope and should lead to a little more excitement

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love getting Horvat. Love giving up Beauvillier's salary. First round pick was meaningless because they were never going to make it, just a matter of who they gave it up for. Hate giving up Raty. Kid is going to be really, really good and has so many years ahead of him. But needed to be done. The islanders needed to add a top end scorer and to improve their power play more than anything and this has been the case for a few years.

Rumors that contract talks already took place on at least a cursory level and the fact that they are getting an extra month out of him by trading for him this early make it a great deal IMO. This is for the next few years as much as this year. But, sneaking into the playoffs, or not making the playoffs, just to be bounced in the first round hopefully isn't the return. Unfortunately one of those two is probably still the most likely outcome. At least it is some hope and should lead to a little more excitement
if you were to do a comparison for Raty in todays NHL who could we see him potentially becoming?

You are going to Love Bo. I hope that he has long years of success with the Isles. just not this year lol finish with the 13th pick please :)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you were to do a comparison for Raty in todays NHL who could we see him potentially becoming?

You are going to Love Bo. I hope that he has long years of success with the Isles. just not this year lol finish with the 13th pick please :)
I would have to think about that but he has such great hands. He's going to be a more a playmaker than just a goal scorer but he is going to score goals if he develops. He seems to play so long and bigger than he is when he's carrying the puck up ice. He is one of those guys who just looks like things slow down for him and he has great vision, not fast or quick as much as under control. You need to watch some of his international games where he was playing with offensive minded players. He just seemed to fill the stat sheet.

The Islanders played him on the 4th line often in his limited time at the NHL level and many games he got very few minutes. He actually set up Martin a bunch of times with expected results. I think he's going to play that off wing position on the PP that many teams use as the QB of the power play nowadays - like what the Islanders do with Barzal. I would play him FT at the NHL level for the rest of the year as he was not overmatched and see how he does. Preferable play him with some guys with some offensive ability or you are wasting him. Played the body a little bit too (but maybe because on 4th line) but not a thunderous checker by any means. I really like the kid and would have preferred they gave up almost anyone else. But like all kids, who knows how he will develop.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to think about that but he has such great hands. He's going to be a more a playmaker than just a goal scorer but he is going to score goals if he develops. He seems to play so long and bigger than he is when he's carrying the puck up ice. He is one of those guys who just looks like things slow down for him and he has great vision, not fast or quick as much as under control. You need to watch some of his international games where he was playing with offensive minded players. He just seemed to fill the stat sheet.

The Islanders played him on the 4th line often in his limited time at the NHL level and many games he got very few minutes. He actually set up Martin a bunch of times with expected results. I think he's going to play that off wing position on the PP that many teams use as the QB of the power play nowadays - like what the Islanders do with Barzal. I would play him FT at the NHL level for the rest of the year as he was not overmatched and see how he does. Preferable play him with some guys with some offensive ability or you are wasting him. Played the body a little bit too (but maybe because on 4th line) but not a thunderous checker by any means. I really like the kid and would have preferred they gave up almost anyone else. But like all kids, who knows how he will develop.

that is fantastic to read. Thanks

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Bo the first guy to wear #14 for the Isles since Bob Bourne?