• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will the Islanders Ever be Good Again?

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll have a 90 point plus season and make the playoffs. They finally got some stability in net and the defensemen are starting to age and mature. Look for a big year for a guy like DeHaan.

They have a lot of great depth at the C position too. One of the best off-seasons I can remember for them in a long time.

Of course....I have a bias in this thread....

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys are saying you hope they stop acting like a bunch of dicks and flaking out and get back into the playoffs?

I can honestly say that if the Canucks had never come into the league or folded the Islanders would have been my team to cheer for. I wish them success

Last edited by a moderator:

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no word on Strome? Tavares, Grabovski and Nielsen have to be locks for the top 3 centers. Is he too skilled for the 4th line? Do they start him there and see what happens? Or do they move him to the wing in camp and hope he can adjust in time for the season?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So no word on Strome? Tavares, Grabovski and Nielsen have to be locks for the top 3 centers. Is he too skilled for the 4th line? Do they start him there and see what happens? Or do they move him to the wing in camp and hope he can adjust in time for the season?

The word on Strome according to Arthur Staple is they're going to take a long look at him during training camp. Right now he's working out with the kids in Bridgeport. Whether he makes the team depends on how he plays during the preseason. It's a numbers game. If he makes it he'll be playing wing in all likelihood. Right now Snow seems to be happy with the defense. They want to see how things shake out during training camp. Reinhart is considered a lock to make the team.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as they get Rick DiPietro back healthy, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Luckily they'll be out from under that contract in only 7 or 8 years

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The word on Strome according to Arthur Staple is they're going to take a long look at him during training camp. Right now he's working out with the kids in Bridgeport. Whether he makes the team depends on how he plays during the preseason. It's a numbers game. If he makes it he'll be playing wing in all likelihood. Right now Snow seems to be happy with the defense. They want to see how things shake out during training camp. Reinhart is considered a lock to make the team.

I can see Strome on the line with Grabovski and Kulimen and I think he'll do well playing a second line winger. They have a lot of great depth on that team now with the kids finally starting to crack the lineup. Staple's a good guy to follow on twitter. Definitely has an inside track on the Isles organization and what goes on over there.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are overloaded at Center. I can't see him on the 4th line with his skillset. Then again, stranger things have happened.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are overloaded at Center. I can't see him on the 4th line with his skillset. Then again, stranger things have happened.

For me it's not about his specific skill set, I don't subscribe to the top 6/bottom 6 theory of lineup construction at all. But I'd want him on the ice a lot more often than the 4th line is likely to be out there.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Strome on the line with Grabovski and Kulimen and I think he'll do well playing a second line winger. They have a lot of great depth on that team now with the kids finally starting to crack the lineup. Staple's a good guy to follow on twitter. Definitely has an inside track on the Isles organization and what goes on over there.

I'm not a big fan of the Grabovski & Kulimen signings, but it is what it is. I think it's definitely a possibility that Strome ends up on that line. The only concern I would have is all three guys don't have much size or grit. We'll see. Staple seems to be much more accurate than he once was. He is the only reporter who covers the team on a regular basis though.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big fan of the Grabovski & Kulimen signings, but it is what it is. I think it's definitely a possibility that Strome ends up on that line. The only concern I would have is all three guys don't have much size or grit. We'll see. Staple seems to be much more accurate than he once was. He is the only reporter who covers the team on a regular basis though.

Well I mean they're no Colin McDonald :whistle:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you think that Kulemin and Grabovski don't play with "grit" then I can't imagine you've seen either of them play very much. Or you're using the Don Cherry player evaluation methods.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey the Bills are 2-0 with EJ as their QB anything is possible

....quietly waits for bombastic retort from IPW

Eh, the Bills also started the Season 4-0 back in 2008 with Captain Checkdown, before got his bell rung in Arizona, and the Bills finished the Season, 7-9.

I'll know things are really bad for the Bills if the Islanders make the playoffs in the NFL before they do.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think that Kulemin and Grabovski don't play with "grit" then I can't imagine you've seen either of them play very much. Or you're using the Don Cherry player evaluation methods.

The only positive about the signing of both players is they played well together in Toronto. Whether they can regain that magic remains to be seen. I don't like the contracts they were given. Sorry but the numbers Kulimen put up last season leave a lot to be desired. He has a lot to prove, but due to the contract he received he might decide to float around the ice.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only positive about the signing of both players is they played well together in Toronto. Whether they can regain that magic remains to be seen. I don't like the contracts they were given. Sorry but the numbers Kulimen put up last season leave a lot to be desired. He has a lot to prove, but due to the contract he received he might decide to float around the ice.

Hey Bolts - you think they land Boychuk from the B's? There was some talk....

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bolts - you think they land Boychuk from the B's? There was some talk....

From what I understand Snow said Boston wants to much for Boychuk who's a pending UFA. From what I've read & heard they're going to see how things go during camp. Garth seems to think the defense is better than people think. He also expects Reinhart to be on the team this year from day 1.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand Snow said Boston wants to much for Boychuk who's a pending UFA. From what I've read & heard they're going to see how things go during camp. Garth seems to think the defense is better than people think. He also expects Reinhart to be on the team this year from day 1.

That's like word suicide for GM's. Also, how on fucking earth can you Isles fans still put faith into what this moron says?!