• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Jack Tatum ever make the HoF?

Will Jack Tatum ever make the HoF?

• Yes

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the play...I do think there was intent to harm...intimidation was par for the course back then. But I don't think he intended to cripple the man for life.

That play and more so his actions or lack of action probably has some bearing, but overall his stats are not HOF worthy imo.

Tatum as a tough SOB, but so was George Atkinson.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didnt Lynn Swann try to sue Tatum for the way Tatum tackled him or some silly crap like that?

no, it was Atkinson who tried suing. he tried to sue Chuck Noll for defamation after Noll called him part of the criminal element in football....Atkinson lost.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know that personality was one of the measuring sticks for the HOF.....If that's the case than LT shouldn't be in there either....He admittedly was on drugs and tried to hurt people and did Joe Theisman, when he snapped his leg into.....His disposition sucks, but I think he should be there, especially when you have imposters like Moon the racist QB who never won anything but stats put him in.....Among others but the HOF has become as big a joke as the Pro Bowl, IMO......you can't trust the voting, it's tainted....:L

Will you still feel that way when both Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are getting their gold jackets?