• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Fangio be back or not based on these numbers?

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Fangio has another year on his contract - and because Fangio and Paton have a genuine relationship - Fangio stepping into the DC role is perhaps not farfetched. The Broncos could have won 5 more games this year - just by scoring 20 points.
If Fangio is let go as head coach, which he should be, I would put $50 to you that he is not retained as DC. It is unprecedented, but for $50 I would be happy to see it happen.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fangio is gone what do y’all think about Bienemy? Would be an offensive minded coach and also hurt the Chiefs.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fangio is gone what do y’all think about Bienemy? Would be an offensive minded coach and also hurt the Chiefs.
CU issues not sure he'd come here IDK though

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How much is the success him and how much is it Mahomes? That’s the question that must be asked in regards to Bienemy. Can Hamler do the things that Hill does? Can Albert O do the things Kelce does? Do we have a QB capable of making the plays in that offense that Pat does?

Any OC can look good when they have tons of talent to work with. Gotta know what they look like when the cupboard is bare…

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Fangio is let go as head coach, which he should be, I would put $50 to you that he is not retained as DC. It is unprecedented, but for $50 I would be happy to see it happen.
You're on. The loser makes a $50 pledge to @SpringStein's non-profit.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jags request to interview Hackett. Would be a nice landing spot for him, IMO. The one hesitancy is that there hasn’t been ANY success there - how much of that is ownership and how much is just poor hiring?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is that the next HC or OC is flexible with the talent they have. Shurmur doesn’t want anything to do with people that don’t fit his system. Which means sacrificing talent sometimes.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos were planning to stay the course with the current quarterbacks, then I wouldn't be opposed to Fangio staying on for one more year. Consistency can be a major factor in a team's (and coach's) development. However, I'm quite certain that we'll have someone else under center next season. That being the case, I would rather see the Broncos make the head coaching change as well, so the two can get started on building some chemistry toward success. The current assistant coaches all need to go at the end of this year regardless.

My preference is also to bring in a head coach with acumen toward offense but I'd be okay with another defensive minded coach if they landed a stud OC. To be honest, I wouldn't be upset at the prospect of Dave Toub from KC as the new head coach, paired with a strong OC. For God's sake, our special teams could really use a little expertise. It seems like forever since our ST were any good at all. Toub brings maturity, stability and comes from an organization that has a very strong winning culture. Wouldn't hurt to have a coach that knows the rest of the AFC West too.

Although I'd love Fangio to stay on as DC, I just don't see that happening.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but I believe Roman was Colin Kaepernick’s OC when SF went to the SB. That’s an impressive note to have on your resume.

Then again, Gase had “QB coach of Tim Tebow” when Tebow took us to the playoffs on his resume. Some teams might have thought the same thing about Gase that I’m thinking about Roman…

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been kind of eyeballing Greg Roman.
I had him as my second choice behind Hackett.

(Jason is pretty connected with him as well.) But he’s really enhanced his reputation with what he has done in Baltimore the past few years.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,821.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should move on, he isn't the answer.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roman is dedicated to running the ball and seems to use his players wisely. I don't know how much of the Offense is him and how much is the Head Coach, but I'd like to find out.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The games against the Ravens and the Raiders have me devaluing Fangio's defensive prowess. Mirror images of basically the same game plan (stop scramble/stop long ball) with zero adjustments leading to a defensive failure. I've seen comments online about points allowed being great but how many times did our opponent take their feet off the gas because they scored all they needed to and they knew it?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your comfort level will not be a factor when it comes to improving the Denver Broncos. It might be your Christian duty to give your only begotten son-in-law for the higher glory of Bronco football. Bronco fans - have their eyes on you my friend -don't do anything rash.

Wait, did Jason divorce George's niece and marry his daughter?... That smells like family drama to me!