• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Fangio be back or not based on these numbers?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Fangio made the comment thinking he was answering a question about whether race was a component related to who plays in the NFL. Since you no longer have to be white to play QB - players are engaged in a meritocracy. Who runs the teams and who owns them has a racist structure - that is pretty obvious. When it comes risking brain health on the field that seems color blind to me.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... or just a guy from a less hysterical, more grounded time, who, however misguided by today's woke standards, attempted to say that what he himself has experienced .. That's all you can ask, isn't it ?? .. Instead of reading a Twitter-approved script, Vic, in his own words, in his own way, said he feels a family brotherhood in the locker room ..

That said, as high of hopes I had with him, he set this franchise back with his hiring of Shurmur and refusal to commit to and develop Drew Lock
Of all the idiocy he's brought to Denver, the last part irks me the most. Lock has a better game than Teddy ever did, but Vic says he did okay and gives him a backhanded "compliment".

I'll just be glad when the lunacy is over. Hopefully within a week or two.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the idiocy he's brought to Denver, the last part irks me the most. Lock has a better game than Teddy ever did, but Vic says he did okay and gives him a backhanded "compliment".

How do you feel if Paton replaces him with Dan Quinn?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn wont come to Denver.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

high five !!

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agree 100%. Shows Lock was never given a chance going back to preseason. Fangio hitched his wagon to Check Down Teddy with Super Bowl or bust aspirations and when Teddy gets hurt and is outplayed by Lock, Vic can't even say anything positive about Drew. Sad!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio's at fault for this offense and he is at fault for Special Teams. These are not new problems - they are Fangio tenure long problems. I have lost my willing suspension of disbelief in these Bronco's chances.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio's at fault for this offense and he is at fault for Special Teams. These are not new problems - they are Fangio tenure long problems. I have lost my willing suspension of disbelief in these Bronco's chances.
Guys on Radio vibe is Vic is staying OC and ST coaches going

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys on Radio vibe is Vic is staying OC and ST coaches going
Nick Kosmider at The Athletic may not be on that wagon - headline after yesterday’s game:
“Vic Fangio’s case to remain Broncos head coach has faded down the stretch of another losing season”

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Kosmider at The Athletic may not be on that wagon - headline after yesterday’s game:
“Vic Fangio’s case to remain Broncos head coach has faded down the stretch of another losing season”
You know the radio they like to spin stuff

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't listen to guys on the radio, people in the newspaper.... Joe Blow on his podcast. We will know in about a week.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some want Fangio gone and many of us are on the fence... I am sorta at the top of the fence falling down because I am tired of losing but....

One thing that nobody really talks about is that nobody has given up this season... The players are still giving it everything. That speaks volumes to me what players think about Fangio. He seems to have the locker room. Players do believe in him and we do have a lot to work with. If Fangio loses his job a big part of me feels bad for him because he is a QB and a better OL from having a very good team but at the same time the offense has stayed the same for 3 years under him and we suck against our division opponent. I think I support whatever way we go... I just don't want to go back to the day of having a pathetic defense. But unlike the Josh McDaniels and Vance Joseph coached teams, players have not given up with Fangio at the helm.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random stuff.

We have about 6 ILB's on this roster who have balled out this year when healthy.

Jewell
Johnson
Young
Browning
Griffith
Kiser

and then 1 who hasn't
Stranad

Nice to see Seth Williams and Jonathan Harris get promoted after their games this week. I said this earlier in the week and one of the annuoncers said it during the game. I see a lot of Tim Patrick in Seth Williams. He just needs to get the game down and consistently catch the ball. I love Tyrie Cleveland but he has been passed by both Hinton and Williams and hasn't made the impact as gunner on special teams I expected he would in the NFL. He needs a good offseason. Could end up back on the PS next year too.

Offseason will be interesting in terms of what we do at ILB with 3 guys being free agents and Griffith and Browning playing lights out. Moves like picking up Griffith make me even more excited about Paton.. Elway picks up guys like Austin Calitro, Paton guys like Griffith. I think Paton is good at finding small school gems. Griffith didn't make a mark on special teams but he has made a big one filling in for Young when he was hurt.

Old news but we need a QB who can utilize talented receiving options like Jeudy and Fant. They have shown what they can do when they are used in our offense correctly but our QB situation is really hindering a good WR/TE core.

Hate to say it but Dalton Risner is a liability and should probably be replaced next year in the starting lineup. I think we are determining if that is internal or external right now.. Not sure what we will do with Glasgow but Gut is showing he can start and Muti may have a chance next year too although Muti might be more of a #3 OG...

I am really excited to see how this draft class grows in Year 2.

I am looking forward to build off this roster. In just one year George Paton has given us so much hope... I know it is another frustrating year but I think we have a lot to look forward to going forward into the offseason. We won't have guys like Andrew Beck, and PJ Locke bouncing around as "role players", who aren't filling roles.

I am perfectly happy with our kicker and punter and our long snapper. ;)

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can really bolster lines with 5 top 100 picks. I think it was way more boring football vs frustrating season. If Vic just switched coaches alot of the issues with fans would be less. I'll leave it up to Paton i'm 90/10 for move on we'll see