• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will edwards get suspended?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody think he will?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully not, I want us to smash the shit out of the Seahawks and start the season off with a bang this is our division moment.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conduct policy violation. Here is one write up of the incident. The couple of sentences at the end are the reason I don't think he will be suspended; but, with one violation already (DWI) who knows what will happen. Then there is the question of whether Edwards was under the NFL jurisdiction at the time.

Edwards entourage gets into a fight

I doubt Goodell cares about NFL jurisdiction, so to speak, he kinda showed that with suspending Pryor for NCAA violations. Although, I think that is a pretty good grounds for an appeal if it comes to a suspension. How can Goodell hold them to NFL policies during a time when they were no longer NFL employees.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I doubt Goodell cares about NFL jurisdiction, so to speak, he kinda showed that with suspending Pryor for NCAA violations. Although, I think that is a pretty good grounds for an appeal if it comes to a suspension. How can Goodell hold them to NFL policies during a time when they were no longer NFL employees.

Yeah, exactly!

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope he doesn't get suspended, he and Alex are starting to develop some timing and they could really be on when the season started. We haven't had a weapon like Edwards since T.O. left.

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a buzz kill going into week 1. Hopefully, it's a fine if anything.

yehyeh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

It's a totally different situation though. With Pryor, he didn't have to let him into the Supplemental Draft at all, so as a condition of him getting into the draft he got the suspension.

It's kind of like how a developer agrees to do a bunch of work for the city as a condition of him getting his project approved, even though legally the cities can't require him to do the work. If he wants the project he does it. If Pryor wanted to be in the NFL this season, he needed to accept the suspension, or else it's 2012 Draft for him.

With Edwards it's different because he is already in the league and was being locked out of his contract when the incident(s) occured. He wasn't being paid, wasn't receiving benefits, nothing. Therefore he shouldn't be subject to other terms of the contract that weren't being adhered to by the owners. It would definitely end up being a court battle if he was suspended, I guarantee that.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Edwards it's different because he is already in the league and was being locked out of his contract when the incident(s) occured. He wasn't being paid, wasn't receiving benefits, nothing. Therefore he shouldn't be subject to other terms of the contract that weren't being adhered to by the owners. It would definitely end up being a court battle if he was suspended, I guarantee that.

I'd be surprised if anyone stood back and accepted a suspension under these circumstances. I'm not a lawyer, or a student of law, but it certainly seems on the surface that the NFL has no ground to stand on with trying to suspend players that they locked out.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a totally different situation though. With Pryor, he didn't have to let him into the Supplemental Draft at all, so as a condition of him getting into the draft he got the suspension.

It's kind of like how a developer agrees to do a bunch of work for the city as a condition of him getting his project approved, even though legally the cities can't require him to do the work. If he wants the project he does it. If Pryor wanted to be in the NFL this season, he needed to accept the suspension, or else it's 2012 Draft for him.

Nicely said

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with being 3 weeks away if they dont suspend him soon, I highly doubt they will at all

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Der Fuhrer never missess a chance to impose discipline. I'm sure the suspension is coming.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haynesworth isn't getting suspended so Edwards shouldn't. Good news.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It makes me wonder...

so far we've usually seen Ginn and Morgan as the starting WRs. Edwards is the #3.

So does that mean we are evaluating Ginn and Morgan, or does it mean that Harbaugh thinks Edwards will be suspended, and with Crab-baby still hurting on the sidelienes maybe we'll have to go into the first few games with Ginn and Morgan at WR?

Crap I hope it's not Ginn and Morgan. I want Edwards and Crabs in there!

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are comparing Ginn vs Morgan to see which will be the third when Crabs comes back.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think they are comparing Ginn vs Morgan to see which will be the third when Crabs comes back.

If I were the Supreme Commander, Crabs would come back as 4th on the depth - the little fucker!

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I were the Supreme Commander, Crabs would come back as 4th on the depth - the little fucker!

I vote he fills the slot to start the year. If Spencer's required to earn his job in practice, it's only fair for Crabs to do the same.