• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will AD want to be traded after this?

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a terrible trade in my opinion. The Lakers sold the ranch for a one year rental.

Definitely the Lakers lost on this... They sold the entire organization to Klutch and have lost all Clarkson, Nance, Randle, Ball, Ingram, Hart, Zubac and all their picks, only to surrender the team they were building to Klutch...

Saddest thing... the people that were raving on their core, are now the same that are raving for loosing it... pathetic!

Last edited:
Reactions: GNG

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the Lakers lost on this... They sold the entire organization to Klutch and have lost all Clarkson, Nance, Randle, Ball, Ingram, Hart, Zubac and all their picks, only to surrender the team they were building to Klutch...

Saddest thing... the people that were raving on their core, are now the same that raving for loosing it... pathetic!

you might wanna wait until AFTER FA to make this assessment...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They offered more during the season. I find it funny that they're propping up Griffin for making a master deal, when this deal was offered to Demps last year (and better actually, because Kuzma and Zubac were included). The only thing Demps didn't know is where the Lakers' pick would fall for this draft, but he also didn't know that he had Zion locked up.

I fully expect the general consensus of this board to go from "The Lakers don't have good enough prospects to get the deal done over the Knicks and Celtics" to now be "Wow did the Lakers overpay." Whichever position that puts the Lakers in a bad light, lol....

I'll miss BI, Lonzo, and Hart, but I won't miss the Ball patriarch or those questions of whether these kids will ever realize their potential. Getting AD at 26, with a 5 year extension basically locked up next summer, is a HUGE get, and should draw another max type this summer, if the Lakers choose that path. They could also use that approximate max space to get a few pieces for better depth. I do hope they buy/trade their way back into the draft, even if it's just a second round pick. It'll make the draft more fun to watch (which I will do regardless, lol).

It is crazy to say the LAKers overpaid.

They gave up a few nice pieces, but the sum total of it all probably adds up to about 75 cents to AD's dollar.

Not to mention, the main return piece, Ingram will likely either be overpaid by NO or on another roster next season.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said that ages ago... I never could have imagined that the Lakers would decide on selling their entire organization to Klutch and Lebron...
I mean...they pretty much did though the day LeBron signed.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They gave up a few nice pieces, but the sum total of it all probably adds up to about 75 cents to AD's dollar.

Not to mention, the main return piece, Ingram will likely either be overpaid by NO or on another roster next season.
you can easily frame it both ways.

From the Pelicans point of view, they got the package they did with 1 year left on the guys contract and likely no other serious bidders.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you might wanna wait until AFTER FA to make this assessment...
What do you expect there? More Klutch contracts packing for THE LAKERS CIRCUS? Danny Green is packing alright...

Did you see Kuzma's tweet?

He "welcomed" AD with "I'm mobbed in Shanghai"...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saddest thing... the people that were raving on their core, are now the same that raving for loosing it... pathetic!

The Lakers have wanted AD since well before Klutch had anything to do with the Lakers. The Lakers have a long history of chasing the top big in the league, from Wilt to Kareem to Shaq (and even the failed attempt with Dwight). You could include Gasol in that as well. Their aim has always been to pair an elite frontcourt player with an elite backcourt player. This is not something new they did because of Klutch. Hell, the Lakers were practically giving away players to create cap room for Shaq, trading them away for 2nd round picks.

AD and Klutch accelerated things by asking for a trade and wanting LA in return, but they didn't start this process. The interest was started long ago.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They offered more during the season. I find it funny that they're propping up Griffin for making a master deal, when this deal was offered to Demps last year (and better actually, because Kuzma and Zubac were included). The only thing Demps didn't know is where the Lakers' pick would fall for this draft, but he also didn't know that he had Zion locked up.

I fully expect the general consensus of this board to go from "The Lakers don't have good enough prospects to get the deal done over the Knicks and Celtics" to now be "Wow did the Lakers overpay." Whichever position that puts the Lakers in a bad light, lol....

I'll miss BI, Lonzo, and Hart, but I won't miss the Ball patriarch or those questions of whether these kids will ever realize their potential. Getting AD at 26, with a 5 year extension basically locked up next summer, is a HUGE get, and should draw another max type this summer, if the Lakers choose that path. They could also use that approximate max space to get a few pieces for better depth. I do hope they buy/trade their way back into the draft, even if it's just a second round pick. It'll make the draft more fun to watch (which I will do regardless, lol).
I was thinking about this is as well.

I think it can be argued both ways

The offer last year DID include Kuzma supposedly, but only included 1 first round pick. And that pick would never have been the 4th pick. LeBron and Davis likely lead the Lakers to at least the 8th seed.

so it comes down to what you would prefer--- the 4th pick and 2 extra first rounders.....or Kuzma and like say the 16th-18th pick.

Pretty even if you ask me.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you expect there? More Klutch contracts packing for THE LAKERS CIRCUS? Danny Green is packing alright...

Did you see Kuzma's tweet?

He "welcomed" AD with "I'm mobbed in Shanghai"...

well, I EXPECT they'll be looking to add the best pieces they can...

and what's Kuzma's tweet got to do with it...?

you're reaching, m'man...

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOTE="ChiefsLakers67, post: 13405974, member: 4085"]well, I EXPECT they'll be looking to add the best pieces they can...

you're reaching, m'man...[/QUOTE]
THE best KLUTCH pieces they can... is what you should say... (because that's all Klutch can).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, but you know it's coming. The Lakers hate is out in full force, regardless of the outcome.

I will add "I TOLD YOU ALL THAT AINGE WOULD NEVER OFFER TATUM." Beware anyone who intends to get into trade discussions with Ainge. He will draw things out forever and never offer what you want. He only makes trades in which he is the obvious winner. The Pelicans could've had a better deal than this last season (if the leaks were accurate).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m willing to bet Danny wasn’t willing to do those pick swaps either

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TOTE="ChiefsLakers67, post: 13405974, member: 4085"]well, I EXPECT they'll be looking to add the best pieces they can...

you're reaching, m'man...
THE best KLUTCH pieces they can... is what you should say... (because that's all Klutch can).[/QUOTE]

yup...

keep believing in conspiracies...

free country...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can easily frame it both ways.

From the Pelicans point of view, they got the package they did with 1 year left on the guys contract and likely no other serious bidders.

I agree. Pelicans probably got the best they could.

Like you said yesterday, Kyrie's expected departure from Boston along with KD's injury and the writing on the wall that NY will not be building a superteam this season basically eliminated the Laker competition.

From that perspective NO did fairly well. But, at the same time this was basically a worst case for the Pelicans with only 1 legit suitor.

Lakers keeping Kuzma and not taking on Hill's contract were big wins for them too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about this is as well.

I think it can be argued both ways

The offer last year DID include Kuzma supposedly, but only included 1 first round pick. And that pick would never have been the 4th pick. LeBron and Davis likely lead the Lakers to at least the 8th seed.

so it comes down to what you would prefer--- the 4th pick and 2 extra first rounders.....or Kuzma and like say the 16th-18th pick.

Pretty even if you ask me.

I guess. I think there were late offers with multiple picks, but I'm not sure how real those were.

It is funny that everyone focuses on Kuzma, then devalues a late 1st round pick. Kuzma was a late 1st round pick. Kawhi wasn't a lottery pick. Dray wasn't a lottery pick. Sure, the odds are better earlier, but the good teams seem to find value later (or are good BECAUSE they find value later?). Buckalis names Clarkson and Nance, but again, they were a bought 2nd rounder and a late first. Hart was a late 1st rounder. The Spurs built around Duncan with a roster full of late firsts.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup...

keep believing in conspiracies...

free country...

Tell that "conspiracy" of yours to Clarkson, Nance, Randle, Ball, Ingram, Hurt and Zubac (+ your picks), YOU USED TO RAVE UPON only a few months ago... Tell that to Kuzma...

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that "conspiracy" of yours to Clarkson, Nance, Randle, Ball, Ingram, Hurt and Zubac (+ your picks), YOU USED TO RAVE UPON only a few months ago... Tell that to Kuzma...

prove where I said anything one way OR the other...

i'll wait...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. I think there were late offers with multiple picks, but I'm not sure how real those were.

It is funny that everyone focuses on Kuzma, then devalues a late 1st round pick. Kuzma was a late 1st round pick. Kawhi wasn't a lottery pick. Dray wasn't a lottery pick. Sure, the odds are better earlier, but the good teams seem to find value later (or are good BECAUSE they find value later?). Buckalis names Clarkson and Nance, but again, they were a bought 2nd rounder and a late first. Hart was a late 1st rounder. The Spurs built around Duncan with a roster full of late firsts.
you see this?

I did not know the "pick swaps" were also included.