• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Tom Brady is doing what he's doing...

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we all stop using the word "Integrity"? Neither side in this fiasco has any. The NFL has less than anyone.

The question is asked, why would Tom Brady want to go to court?

First and most important. Roger Goodell and Troy Vincent totally ignored the current CBA. Goodell let Vincent hand down a four game payless suspension in violation with the CBA. The CBA states that the 'only' person who can give players penalties is the Commissioner. The suspension is illegal.

Second. Roger Goodell violated the CBA so that he use the CBA to hear Tom Brady's appeal of the suspension and uphold it. No matter what Brady did or said, Goodell was not going to reduce or revoke the suspension.

Third. 15 minutes aafter announcing the decision, the NFL attorneys were already in the federal court building in New York requesting that a judge uphold the league decision without a hearing. Again, NFL in violation of federal law. The court cannot uphold any sentence or penalty without a trial, or any penaty that has not been first tried.

This is going to court and the NFL has no defense for violating the current CBA. If a judge or jury chose to ignore the CBA, the union could call a strike because the CBA would be invalid.

For the 10,000,000,000th time.

yawn.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be pretty easy for the NFL to win in federal court.

Jury selection:
"Are you a Seattle fan?" "No." "Are you a Seattle fan?" No. "What about you?" Yes, I'm a Seahawks fan." "Your honor, we've selected our jury."

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the daily thread???

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deep-rooted arrogance. He should have taken his lumps like a man, now he faces total ridicule by the masses.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao

brush up on yer reedin'

:L

To try and reconcile the record and fully cooperate with the investigation after I was disciplined in May, we turned over detailed pages of cell phone records and all of the emails that Mr. Wells requested. We even contacted the phone company to see if there was any possible way we could retrieve any/all of the actual text messages from my old phone. In short, we exhausted every possibility to give the NFL everything we could and offered to go thru the identity for every text and phone call during the relevant time. Regardless, the NFL knows that Mr. Wells already had ALL relevant communications with Patriots personnel that either Mr. Wells saw or that I was questioned about in my appeal hearing. There is no “smoking gun” and this controversy is manufactured to distract from the fact they have zero evidence of wrongdoing.

so, in closing...he turned over pages and pages of "emails" from his phone, and gave what he could via his carrier text related.

Which, from your own quote, did not include text messages. RIF.

Of course, you choose ignore the fact that the reason why he contacted his carrier is because he destroyed the phone that contained the text messages. Then tried to fool the Wells report by handing in the wrong phone. Man, that had to be some fun in the appeals hearing.

Goodell: "so, when Wells asked you for the phone you used during the dates in question, you handed them a phone you used prior to those dates?"
Brady: "yeah, my bad."
Goodell: "so where is the hone you did use?"
Brady: "oh, I destroy ALL my old phones when get a new one. Besides, me handing over my phone would set a terrible precedent for my brothers in the Union."
Goodell: "except for the phones you didn't destroy, and the times you were willing to set precedent."
Brady: "I'm so glad you understand. Is my suspension lifted yet?"

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is getting silly.

its like you people havent been following this.

I can't anymore. It makes me physically ill. Just let me know when Brady accepts responsibility and apologizes for both cheating and then treating everyone like they are morons when he was called out for cheating. I also want to know when he promises he won't ever cheat again.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should Brady trust someone known to be dishonest already and give up his phone?

All the NFL did was leak incorrect rumors like a sieve for months.

If I didn't have to give it up, I wouldn't trust the NFL with my phone either.
So they can leak some potentially embarrassing secondary message to ESPN that makes the case "look" better? BS.

Federal Judge Finds Goodell's Story Was A Lie, Immediately Reinstates Ray Rice To NFL | ThinkProgress

In Decision To Reinstate Ray Rice, Arbitrator Essentially Calls Roger Goodell A Liar | Politicus Sports

That's Roger Goodell for the reading challenged!

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't anymore. It makes me physically ill. Just let me know when Brady accepts responsibility and apologizes for both cheating and then treating everyone like they are morons when he was called out for cheating. I also want to know when he promises he won't ever cheat again.

Here is your answer.

never
never
never

next.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which, from your own quote, did not include text messages. RIF.

Of course, you choose ignore the fact that the reason why he contacted his carrier is because he destroyed the phone that contained the text messages. Then tried to fool the Wells report by handing in the wrong phone. Man, that had to be some fun in the appeals hearing.

Goodell: "so, when Wells asked you for the phone you used during the dates in question, you handed them a phone you used prior to those dates?"
Brady: "yeah, my bad."
Goodell: "so where is the hone you did use?"
Brady: "oh, I destroy ALL my old phones when get a new one. Besides, me handing over my phone would set a terrible precedent for my brothers in the Union."
Goodell: "except for the phones you didn't destroy, and the times you were willing to set precedent."
Brady: "I'm so glad you understand. Is my suspension lifted yet?"
you speculate for shit :)

BF4L

Bruins homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I have a question.

The details I remember was that the ball boys gave the NFL the cell phones they used. Does that not give the NFL the entire text conversation? Why would they "need" Bradys phone at all?

Honestly I have not looked through all the details so I am wondering why Bradys phone is so important.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, God knows you're batting 1.000 lately.

:thumb:
like we all are. only one person has been right so far. one

stephen a smith, yesterday.

anyone ever find where chris mortensens body is?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I have a question.

The details I remember was that the ball boys gave the NFL the cell phones they used. Does that not give the NFL the entire text conversation? Why would they "need" Bradys phone at all?

Honestly I have not looked through all the details so I am wondering why Bradys phone is so important.
no, of course not. it only gives...one side!

no one had text messages, no one!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, he knew. of course he knew.

the idiots that claim he DIDNT know are the ones i wish would become browns fans.

Ouch that hurts. What about the Pats fans that are still insisting Brady has done nothing wrong?