• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Tom Brady is doing what he's doing...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exacttttly

If he could make it all go away by handing over the phone

He would have

Period to anyone with common sense
yeah, and piss off the NFLPA and fellow players in the process by creating a terrible precedent for them all?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL has known since march 6th.

then again on june 18th.

I understand that, but why didn't Brady make these facts known to the media earlier? Was he prohibited from doing this or given advice to take this approach? If not - it would appear to me that his case would be much more credible if he presented these facts a long time ago.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
follow me here.

Brady doesnt really think (or believe) he is "innocent". i dont think he ever did, or can anymore.

whats he doing?

trying to keep his job. he wants to play football.

in 2001, drew bledsoe scrambled right on a benign play vs the jets:

TheDrop_MoLewis_470x264.gif

the franchise QB goes down. what does belichick do? turn to the younger, unproven former college star for the remainder of the season, even when the highest paid QB in history (at the time) returned and was ready. the old adage "you dont lose your job to injury" was thrown out the window by bill.

what happened from that point forward is record setting history. tom steps in and never looks back, drew toiled around the league and retired a few years later.

you dont think brady sees history repeating itself? a young kid who surpassed tony romos numbers...who has much better athletic ability than aging tom...is chomping at the bit, waiting for his chance.

brady sees it. brady lived it. brady is petrified bill will do it again. he probably doesnt trust bill. his contract is up in 2017.

brady lives for football. all jokes aside, if anyones ever followed the guy...he still sees himself as pick 199.

now, hes fighting father time and trying to fend off the younger guy who is simply waiting for history to repeat itself.
Rock, it's really a shame that Brady didn't come clean from day one. IMO, had he said "Yes I like my footballs under-inflated and I didn't think it was that big of a deal, so I had the ballboy deflate them", then I think Goodell would have came down easy on him. Let's face the facts, Brady lied and then destroyed evidence. Goodell is in charge, whether fans like it or not.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, and piss off the NFLPA and fellow players in the process by creating a terrible precedent for them all?

Yep - St. Tom - only worried about his fellow teammates and NFL players. Please.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he handed over transcripts.

you know that, right?

the ones he could anyway. you DO know the difference between "data" and "content" right?

do you know how long carriers keep "content" vs "data"?

He handed over transcripts from the phone he destroyed?

Yeah, no, hie didn't. His lawyers said "here are the names of the people he texted, see if they will give you the texts."

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if Tom sues in a federal court, would the exemption still apply regarding the cell phone? It could be that a federal judge would require, if available, that Tom turn over his phone since it no longer is just an NFL/NFLPA issue, but now a federal lawsuit (I could be way off base here, just spit balling).

As Tom stated, they checked with the carrier to see if anything could be recovered (and assuming obviously that nothing was/would be able to be recovered), but went ahead and smashed up his phone. Why? First if he was innocent, wouldn't the phone show that? Secondly, if he smashed up the phone prior to his filing a federal suit, knowing that no other information would be able to be received from the phone carrier since he's already checked, smashing the phone and card ensure that no one will ever know what was on that phone, and since he did so prior to the suit filed the court can't make him produce the phone, the card, or any information related through the carrier since it no longer exist.

I'm not a "hater" of NE or Tom, but he's gone through an awful lot to hide information as opposed to being a bit more forthright. Even if he is innocent, he certainly isn't doing the best job of presenting it. I think the biggest hurdle is now "If he's innocent, why all the trouble", and it's a hurdle of his own doing.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that, but why didn't Brady make these facts known to the media earlier? Was he prohibited from doing this or given advice to take this approach? If not - it would appear to me that his case would be much more credible if he presented these facts a long time ago.
why would they?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - St. Tom - only worried about his fellow teammates and NFL players. Please.
i never said HE was worried. where did you get THAT?

the NFLPA and his lawyers...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think brady cares about his legacy like we all think or want to think he does.

4 rings

bangs a victorias secret model who seems to snap back baby after baby.

he has millions and millions of dollars to do whatever he wants whenever he wants.

hes going to the HOF as arguably the best ever.

none of the recent shit changes the above.

All valid...but why pursue this? The media that has said he deserves harsh punishment because it eats at the integrity of the game...bs...it's a trivial issue that exploded.

I don't get it...do your 4 games and keep it moving.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He handed over transcripts from the phone he destroyed?

Yeah, no, hie didn't. His lawyers said "here are the names of the people he texted, see if they will give you the texts."
yes he did.

he handed over piles of content from his carrier.

speak accurately.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His cell phone being broken doesn't exactly make his records unrecoverable. Brady could certainly give permission to access those records from his cell provider, Facebook, or any other messenger/text app he used. I think we know why he hasn't though.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes he did.

he handed over piles of content from his carrier.

speak accurately.

Okay, I'll bite. I assume you have at least one link supporting the argument that Brady handed over the text transcripts that would have been contained on the phone he destroyed?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I'll bite. I assume you have at least one link supporting the argument that Brady handed over the text transcripts that would have been contained on the phone he destroyed?
sure, i posted it earlier.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His cell phone being broken doesn't exactly make his records unrecoverable. Brady could certainly give permission to access those records from his cell provider, Facebook, or any other messenger/text app he used. I think we know why he hasn't though.
this is getting silly.

its like you people havent been following this.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the FB post where Brady says they didn't turn over the text messages?
You mean the FB post where Brady says they didn't turn over the text messages?
lmao

brush up on yer reedin'

:L

To try and reconcile the record and fully cooperate with the investigation after I was disciplined in May, we turned over detailed pages of cell phone records and all of the emails that Mr. Wells requested. We even contacted the phone company to see if there was any possible way we could retrieve any/all of the actual text messages from my old phone. In short, we exhausted every possibility to give the NFL everything we could and offered to go thru the identity for every text and phone call during the relevant time. Regardless, the NFL knows that Mr. Wells already had ALL relevant communications with Patriots personnel that either Mr. Wells saw or that I was questioned about in my appeal hearing. There is no “smoking gun” and this controversy is manufactured to distract from the fact they have zero evidence of wrongdoing.

so, in closing...he turned over pages and pages of "emails" from his phone, and gave what he could via his carrier text related.

Tgann69

tOffficial Avi Welcher
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao

brush up on yer reedin'

:L

To try and reconcile the record and fully cooperate with the investigation after I was disciplined in May, we turned over detailed pages of cell phone records and all of the emails that Mr. Wells requested. We even contacted the phone company to see if there was any possible way we could retrieve any/all of the actual text messages from my old phone. In short, we exhausted every possibility to give the NFL everything we could and offered to go thru the identity for every text and phone call during the relevant time. Regardless, the NFL knows that Mr. Wells already had ALL relevant communications with Patriots personnel that either Mr. Wells saw or that I was questioned about in my appeal hearing. There is no “smoking gun” and this controversy is manufactured to distract from the fact they have zero evidence of wrongdoing.

so, in closing...he turned over pages and pages of "emails" from his phone, and gave what he could via his carrier text related.
^who is this from?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we all stop using the word "Integrity"? Neither side in this fiasco has any. The NFL has less than anyone.

The question is asked, why would Tom Brady want to go to court?

First and most important. Roger Goodell and Troy Vincent totally ignored the current CBA. Goodell let Vincent hand down a four game payless suspension in violation with the CBA. The CBA states that the 'only' person who can give players penalties is the Commissioner. The suspension is illegal.

Second. Roger Goodell violated the CBA so that he use the CBA to hear Tom Brady's appeal of the suspension and uphold it. No matter what Brady did or said, Goodell was not going to reduce or revoke the suspension.

Third. 15 minutes aafter announcing the decision, the NFL attorneys were already in the federal court building in New York requesting that a judge uphold the league decision without a hearing. Again, NFL in violation of federal law. The court cannot uphold any sentence or penalty without a trial, or any penaty that has not been first tried.

This is going to court and the NFL has no defense for violating the current CBA. If a judge or jury chose to ignore the CBA, the union could call a strike because the CBA would be invalid.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, for the 1,332,564th time

brady illegally had these guys mess with balls after inspection.

i think the rest of this is a real he said/she said pissing match now of "what constitutes data" and "what constitutes emails" and "whats this and whats that".