• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Tom Brady is doing what he's doing...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nono:...The only people that believe that are Pats fans that still think Brady has done nothing wrong.
i never said he didnt do anything wrong.

i said he doesnt care about his legacy like we all want to believe.

his legacy is 4 SB titles, all the records, and a yellow jacket.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just saying, per the CBA...he never had to turn his phone over.

the CBA goodell agreed to.

That's some weak sauce spin. The CBA requires its members to participate and cooperate in any investigations. If you think Brady is going to be able to convince a judge that refusing to hand over transcripts of text conversations and destroying the phone those texts are contained in constitutes cooperation, I've got some Nigerian investment opportunities that you won't be able to walk away from.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wonder how much jerry rice cares about his legacy?

"oops. did i say i used stickum? i meant to say "i played sick, man"

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's some weak sauce spin. The CBA requires its members to participate and cooperate in any investigations. If you think Brady is going to be able to convince a judge that refusing to hand over transcripts of text conversations and destroying the phone those texts are contained in constitutes cooperation, I've got some Nigerian investment opportunities that you won't be able to walk away from.
it also states they dont have to turn over any personal electronic devices.

how is that "weak?"

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see this at all. If Bledsoe was part of 4 SB's before Brady took over, maybe.

The reason Brady is doing it is because he is so deep in this lie, I thinke he actually believes it.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it also states they dont have to turn over any personal electronic devices.

how is that "weak?"

Because the destruction of the phone is just the icing on the cake. By refusing to hand over transcripts TB was refusing to cooperate. By destroying the phone he was actively seeking to make sure that it was impossible to cooperate. Further, the "I don't have to hand over a phone" narrative turns to complete crap when you remember that Brady actively tried to snow Wells by handing in a different cell phone during the investigation.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i never said he didnt do anything wrong.

This is hilarious. You have been proclaiming Brady's complete innocents since the moment this story broke.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the destruction of the phone is just the icing on the cake. By refusing to hand over transcripts TB was refusing to cooperate. By destroying the phone he was actively seeking to make sure that it was impossible to cooperate. Further, the "I don't have to hand over a phone" narrative turns to complete crap when you remember that Brady actively tried to snow Wells by handing in a different cell phone during the investigation.
he handed over transcripts.

you know that, right?

the ones he could anyway. you DO know the difference between "data" and "content" right?

do you know how long carriers keep "content" vs "data"?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im with ya, but the one sticking point is this:

I also disagree with yesterdays narrative surrounding my cellphone. I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances. As a member of a union, I was under no obligation to set a new precedent going forward, nor was I made aware at any time during Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to subject my cell phone to investigation would result in ANY discipline.

per the CBA, he never had to turn over his cell phone...PER THE CBA. if the commissioner tried to MAKE him violate the CBA by demanding his phone, it makes no sense.

I don't think that is in question. Of course he doesn't "have to" turn his cell phone over. But why wouldn't he if it would clear him? Other players have done so in the past and Tom Brady was given the strictest assurances that his lawyer and him could be present so that no personal or non-related emails or texts were released.

So it's not a matter of him being punished for not turning over his phone so much as it's seen as not cooperating with the Commish in the investigation to the fullest.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drew-bledsoe-meme.png

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question for those of you defending Brady & certainly more aware of the overall situation than people like myself.

Did Brady bring up all of these facts about his cell phone(s) early in the process or is he only bringing this up now? If not - why didn't he present the facts earlier instead of now when he sounds like every other athlete, actor, etc once they are accused of something - claiming that they are 100% innocent & "a victim".

Why can't these egomaniacs understand that this country loves people who are honest and admit things up front? Is Brady ever going to let this go? Honestly - he just sounds like a guy who feels that he is simply better than the rest of us. Am I wrong?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rock only believes what Tom says

if you weren't in the room when this all happened, than you don't know what happened

That's what the Kool Aid Man could do

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thoughts?

Brady sucks and has been a liability for the Pats for at least a couple of years and the handwriting is on the wall.

I've been saying this forever.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is hilarious. You have been proclaiming Brady's complete innocents since the moment this story broke.
no, you are grossly mistaken.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that is in question. Of course he doesn't "have to" turn his cell phone over. But why wouldn't he if it would clear him? Other players have done so in the past and Tom Brady was given the strictest assurances that his lawyer and him could be present so that no personal or non-related emails or texts were released.

So it's not a matter of him being punished for not turning over his phone so much as it's seen as not cooperating with the Commish in the investigation to the fullest.

Exacttttly

If he could make it all go away by handing over the phone

He would have

Period to anyone with common sense

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

because by doing so he violates the CBA which is designed to protect the players from things like this.

and set a terrible precedent for his fellow players in doing so.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest question for those of you defending Brady & certainly more aware of the overall situation than people like myself.

Did Brady bring up all of these facts about his cell phone(s) early in the process or is he only bringing this up now? If not - why didn't he present the facts earlier instead of now when he sounds like every other athlete, actor, etc once they are accused of something - claiming that they are 100% innocent & "a victim".

Why can't these egomaniacs understand that this country loves people who are honest and admit things up front? Is Brady ever going to let this go? Honestly - he just sounds like a guy who feels that he is simply better than the rest of us. Am I wrong?

"Aw shucks, fellas. The poor guy just loves football." - @Rock Strongo

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL has known since march 6th.

then again on june 18th.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exacttttly

If he could make it all go away by handing over the phone

He would have

Period to anyone with common sense

Which was said a billion times to which the Brady apologists responded with indignation and dumb shit about "his rights" and "privacy."

The chinks in the armor are gaping cracks. The process is starting.