• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Tom Brady is doing what he's doing...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
follow me here.

Brady doesnt really think (or believe) he is "innocent". i dont think he ever did, or can anymore.

whats he doing?

trying to keep his job. he wants to play football.

in 2001, drew bledsoe scrambled right on a benign play vs the jets:

TheDrop_MoLewis_470x264.gif

the franchise QB goes down. what does belichick do? turn to the younger, unproven former college star for the remainder of the season, even when the highest paid QB in history (at the time) returned and was ready. the old adage "you dont lose your job to injury" was thrown out the window by bill.

what happened from that point forward is record setting history. tom steps in and never looks back, drew toiled around the league and retired a few years later.

you dont think brady sees history repeating itself? a young kid who surpassed tony romos numbers...who has much better athletic ability than aging tom...is chomping at the bit, waiting for his chance.

brady sees it. brady lived it. brady is petrified bill will do it again. he probably doesnt trust bill. his contract is up in 2017.

brady lives for football. all jokes aside, if anyones ever followed the guy...he still sees himself as pick 199.

now, hes fighting father time and trying to fend off the younger guy who is simply waiting for history to repeat itself.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thoughts?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know what he's thinking at this point.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know what he's thinking at this point.
its the only thing that makes a lick of sense. hes not a dumb guy.

i just think hes scared to death of someone taking his glory.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably does it to try and win Super Bowls, especially considering it was a decade before this last one

Maybe he felt an illegal advantage was his only path to victory

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thoughts?

The old Wally Pip syndrome...no doubt some of that could be at play given his start in the NFL...imo...if you asked (off the record) 32 of the NFL QBs do they like their football a certain way...all 32 would say yes they do...but none will go on the record for TB...plus, Brady took it too far with this cover up mode and the cell phone...too damning...to stay in the deny mode now makes him look a little silly imo...should have fessed up from the get go.

That said...he can't do anymore damage in terms of the NFL, 4 gms is 4 gms, but if he continues and loses in court...he could hurt his madison ave appeal... speaking of Wally Pip, could he be hastening the, "after TB mindset" in the front office?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The old Wally Pip syndrome...no doubt some of that could be at play given his start in the NFL...imo...if you asked (off the record) 32 of the NFL QBs do they like their football a certain way...all 32 would say yes they do...but none will go on the record for TB...plus, Brady took it too far with this cover up mode and the cell phone...too damning...to stay in the deny mode now makes him look a little silly imo...should have fessed up from the get go.

That said...he can't do anymore damage in terms of the NFL, 4 gms is 4 gms, but if he continues and loses in court...he could hurt his madison ave appeal... speaking of Wally Pip, could he be hastening the, "after TB mindset" in the front office?
if we dont learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it...as the saying goes. i mean, if this happens to brady at the end, the same way iot happened to him at the start...talk about a story.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thoughts?
I was talking to my wife about this (she's an avid Brady fan) and we both agree that there are two huge egos in play here. The one thing that strikes me is that why would Goodell risk further damage to his reputation, and possibly his job, by allowing Brady to take him to federal court unless Goodell's lawyers have told him they have some pretty solid evidence that will allow the courts to uphold the suspension? Brady on the other hand has much less to lose. Even if the suspension is upheld, I don't think his reputation takes much of a hit. But, karma's a bitch. Let's see, Brady gets the starting job after Bledsoe gets hurt. Brady gets suspended four games, and Garapollo takes over, kicks ass and goes 4-0 and taking down the Steelers and Cowboys, and becomes the Pats starter.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we dont learn from history, we are doomed to repeat it...as the saying goes. i mean, if this happens to brady at the end, the same way iot happened to him at the start...talk about a story.

It would be a story, but Brady still has too many good years left...let's say Grapp goes 4-0 and looks good...TB is still most likely to start game 5.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a story, but Brady still has too many good years left...let's say Grapp goes 4-0 and looks good...TB is still most likely to start game 5.
i think this is a lot different from drew. drew was the defacto franchise QB, #1 pick, etc. there were a lot of babies named drew here in the 90's. chicks loved him. rocket arm.

pocket statue. patted the ball everytime he was going to throw. threw into triple coverage more than i care to remember.

brady isnt drew. hes arguably the best to every take a snap from center.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Brady's afraid that he'll lose his job. At this point in his career, he knows that Father Time will be at his doorstep soon. His motivation for his behavior surrounding Deflategate is 100% about protecting his legacy. Tom Brady will still be a first ballot Hall-of-Famer but he dreads the fact that when talking about his HOF career, most will always bring up this ugly little footnote and probably Spygate too. These are the only things that will always be there when debating whether or not he was one of, if not the greatest of all time. THAT is what he's fighting against IMO.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady will not lose his job this year.. He will for 4 games but that's it... Yes Father Time is catching up to him, but I highly doubt BB and Kraft will bench Brady when he comes back this year or next, regardless of what Grap does.... Heck if he does well I might even see the Patriots traded Grap

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Brady's afraid that he'll lose his job. At this point in his career, he knows that Father Time will be at his doorstep soon. His motivation for his behavior surrounding Deflategate is 100% about protecting his legacy. Tom Brady will still be a first ballot Hall-of-Famer but he dreads the fact that when talking about his HOF career, most will always bring up this ugly little footnote and probably Spygate too. These are the only things that will always be there when debating whether or not he was one of, if not the greatest of all time. THAT is what he's fighting against IMO.

Agree & I also believe that his ego is getting in the way on this one. If his motivation was to protect his job then he should have taken a different approach & either admitted guilt right away or at least not fight the NFL to the same degree. In that case I find it hard to believe that suspension would have been more than 2 games & possibly less (maybe even a fine).

The 4 game suspension IMO is much more a result of his lack of cooperation than for the original penalty dealing with the footballs.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady spoke on Facebook

It's hilarious

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think brady cares about his legacy like we all think or want to think he does.

4 rings

bangs a victorias secret model who seems to snap back baby after baby.

he has millions and millions of dollars to do whatever he wants whenever he wants.

hes going to the HOF as arguably the best ever.

none of the recent shit changes the above.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady spoke on Facebook

It's hilarious

Tom Brady
1 hr ·

I am very disappointed by the NFL’s decision to uphold the 4 game suspension against me. I did nothing wrong, and no one in the Patriots organization did either.

Despite submitting to hours of testimony over the past 6 months, it is disappointing that the Commissioner upheld my suspension based upon a standard that it was “probable” that I was “generally aware” of misconduct. The fact is that neither I, nor any equipment person, did anything of which we have been accused. He dismissed my hours of testimony and it is disappointing that he found it unreliable.

I also disagree with yesterdays narrative surrounding my cellphone. I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances. As a member of a union, I was under no obligation to set a new precedent going forward, nor was I made aware at any time during Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to subject my cell phone to investigation would result in ANY discipline.

Most importantly, I have never written, texted, emailed to anybody at anytime, anything related to football air pressure before this issue was raised at the AFC Championship game in January. To suggest that I destroyed a phone to avoid giving the NFL information it requested is completely wrong.

To try and reconcile the record and fully cooperate with the investigation after I was disciplined in May, we turned over detailed pages of cell phone records and all of the emails that Mr. Wells requested. We even contacted the phone company to see if there was any possible way we could retrieve any/all of the actual text messages from my old phone. In short, we exhausted every possibility to give the NFL everything we could and offered to go thru the identity for every text and phone call during the relevant time. Regardless, the NFL knows that Mr. Wells already had ALL relevant communications with Patriots personnel that either Mr. Wells saw or that I was questioned about in my appeal hearing. There is no “smoking gun” and this controversy is manufactured to distract from the fact they have zero evidence of wrongdoing.

I authorized the NFLPA to make a settlement offer to the NFL so that we could avoid going to court and put this inconsequential issue behind us as we move forward into this season. The discipline was upheld without any counter offer. I respect the Commissioners authority, but he also has to respect the CBA and my rights as a private citizen. I will not allow my unfair discipline to become a precedent for other NFL players without a fight.

Lastly, I am overwhelmed and humbled by the support of family, friends and our fans who have supported me since the false accusations were made after the AFC Championship game. I look forward to the opportunity to resume playing with my teammates and winning more games for the New England Patriots.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this, is big:

I also disagree with yesterdays narrative surrounding my cellphone. I replaced my broken Samsung phone with a new iPhone 6 AFTER my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances. As a member of a union, I was under no obligation to set a new precedent going forward, nor was I made aware at any time during Mr. Wells investigation, that failing to subject my cell phone to investigation would result in ANY discipline.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol he is absurd.

Take your medicine, Thomas! Quit being such a puss and get your comeuppance!!
im with ya, but the one sticking point is this:

per the CBA, he never had to turn over his cell phone...PER THE CBA. if the commissioner tried to MAKE him violate the CBA by demanding his phone, it makes no sense.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this, is big:

Ohhh well shucks, why didnt he say so!! Gosh I bet the NFL feels like such a buncha silly gooses now:rolleyes2:
:bored2: