• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Magic > LeBron

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-5 in any finals is not good.

The issue with putting that much emphasis on finals losses is that it gives the notion that losing early in the playoffs (or not making the playoffs) is worse than losing in the finals.

Better to make and lose in the finals than not make the finals at all, no?

A player being 3-0 in the finals as opposed to being 3-4 (as an example) really just means in the 3-0 scenario, they were eliminated earlier in the season (which isn't necessarily better).

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue with putting that much emphasis on finals losses is that it gives the notion that losing early in the playoffs (or not making the playoffs) is worse than losing in the finals.

Better to make and lose in the finals than not make the finals at all, no?
you klnow who says that?

lebron fans trying to justify winning 3 out of 8 times...when hand picking where he goes or his teammates.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"game is over. time to drive and get some easy layups"
-stat padding bitch

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you klnow who says that?

lebron fans trying to justify winning 3 out of 8 times...when hand picking where he goes or his teammates.

Answer the question: is it better to make the finals and lose or lose in an earlier round in the playoffs (if making the playoffs at all)?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer the question: is it better to make the finals and lose or lose in an earlier round in the playoffs?
its a stupid question that never goes answered. theres a reason.

its a stupid question.

you go to 8 finals in dodgeball, jacks, or hoops...winning 3 times is a failure.

especially if you hand pick where you go and who you play with.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"jim kelly went to 4 straight superbowls and lost. hes in the GOAT conversation because he didnt lose in the first round"

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a stupid question that never goes answered. theres a reason..

You refuse to answer it because it hurts your argument to give the rational answer.

David Robinson is 2-0 in the finals...doesn't that also mean that his team wasn't good enough to make the finals in 12 of his 14 seasons? If he made the finals 3 extra times and lost those 3x, is his legacy any worse?

And no, I'm not saying Lebron is GOAT...but the emphasis on finals losses is quite ridiculous because treats a finals loss as worse than not making the finals at all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when people who know nothing about basketball show up here and try to express a strong opinion like they know what they are talking about.

I heard an analyst talking about LeBron this morning. What he said was spot on. His comment was something like this:

"Many people don't like LeBron and hold grudges against him as a result. But, his on court resume is impeccable. He is one of the best to have ever played the game, simple as that. But, for those who continue to criticize and pick apart his performance after a series like this where he balled out of his mind, well, you and I simply can't talk hoops."

Everyone who is objective and knows the game of basketball has LeBron on a very short list of all time greats. It is as simple as that. I have him at 2. His performance in the playoffs this year has only enhanced his legacy. Arguing otherwise is just plain stupid.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it when people who know nothing about basketball show up here and try to express a strong opinion like they know what they are talking about.

I heard an analyst talking about LeBron this morning. What he said was spot on. His comment was something like this:

"Many people don't like LeBron and hold grudges against him as a result. But, his on court resume is impeccable. He is one of the best to have ever played the game, simple as that. But, for those who continue to criticize and pick apart his performance after a series like this where he balled out of his mind, well, you and I simply can't talk hoops."

Everyone who is objective and knows the game of basketball has LeBron on a very short list of all time greats. It is as simple as that. I have him at 2. His performance in the playoffs this year has only enhanced his legacy. Arguing otherwise is just plain stupid.

"one of the best" does not equal GOAT

so thanks for agreeing with me.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it interesting when I hear the Lebron defenders say "He can't do everything" ...which they usually say after he loses.

But lets look at it.

Lebron controls where he plays.
Lebron controls who he plays with.
Lebron controls how he plays.
Lebron has control of the plays called.

The statement you need to learn is "Lebron controls everything"

And so when it all goes south and you need someone to blame ....make sure the fingers point to Lebron.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
start calling him OOTGOAT, and I will stop knocking sense into you guys

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I love when people want to ignore that losing 4 out of 7 Finals has consequences.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
start calling him OOTGOAT, and I will stop knocking sense into you guys

You haven't made sense yet. Why would you attempt to do so now? Just stick w/ what you're good at, trolling.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You refuse to answer it because it hurts your argument to give the rational answer.

David Robinson is 2-0 in the finals...doesn't that also mean that his team wasn't good enough to make the finals in 12 of his 14 seasons? If he made the finals 3 extra times and lost those 3x, is his legacy any worse?
lmao

no, it doesnt. it helps my argument.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no qualms. top 5.

GOAT?

hell no.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"one of the best" does not equal GOAT

so thanks for agreeing with me.

I am not putting him on Jordan's level, but he is closer to Jordan than Magic, IMO.

I just don't think he will get there because the Warriors are ridiculous and he will likely have to beat them again in order to ascend any higher.

Seriously, how is this loss LeBron's fault?

Even if he did "hand pick" his team, which is kind of garbage, but whatever, when the Cavs formed in 2014, nobody saw the Warriors coming. Nobody would have predicted that:

A: they would be the team to beat
B: they would land KD after becoming the team to beat

The Cavaliers are good enough to contend with most championship teams the league has produced, just not this one. There isn't much LeBron can do about that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no qualms. top 5.

GOAT?

hell no.

I am good with that.

Still no reason to take shots at the guy. Most objective fans aren't claiming he is GOAT, just a spot or 3 behind.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am good with that.

Still no reason to take shots at the guy. Most objective fans aren't claiming he is GOAT, just a spot or 3 behind.
most ive seen and heard call him the GOAT. my best buddy @DirtDirtDirt was forcing me to accept lebrons greatness as the GOAT for years.

GOATS take charge, they dont defer...and they certainly dont do 12 foot fade aways when theyre 6'8 and built like a brick shit house.

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not putting him on Jordan's level, but he is closer to Jordan than Magic, IMO.

I just don't think he will get there because the Warriors are ridiculous and he will likely have to beat them again in order to ascend any higher.

Seriously, how is this loss LeBron's fault?

Even if he did "hand pick" his team, which is kind of garbage, but whatever, when the Cavs formed in 2014, nobody saw the Warriors coming. Nobody would have predicted that:

A: they would be the team to beat
B: they would land KD after becoming the team to beat

The Cavaliers are good enough to contend with most championship teams the league has produced, just not this one. There isn't much LeBron can do about that.

too passive

took 30 shots, and 4 free throws

he could fucking dominate and score 50 a game if he wanted to.