• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Jalen choose OU

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams like Alabama and Oklahoma shouldn't care about who the "best" QB is; they should only care about who the "most successful" QB is. I hope Jalen Hurts joins the list of the most successful QB's to ever play at Oklahoma; I don't care if he's the best or even close to it, wins the Heisman Trophy or anything else.

Here is a list of former OU QB's. Pick out the most successful QB's. And what do they all have in common? They each won a NC. Talent, NFL draft status, awards, etc. don't mean anything when the ultimate goal at schools like Bama and OU is to win as many NC's as you can.

Sam Bradford
Jason White
Josh Heupel
Steve Davis
Jamelle Holleway
Baker Mayfield
Jack Mildren
Thomas Lott
Kyler Murray

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams like Alabama and Oklahoma shouldn't care about who the "best" QB is; they should only care about who the "most successful" QB is. I hope Jalen Hurts joins the list of the most successful QB's to ever play at Oklahoma; I don't care if he's the best or even close to it, wins the Heisman Trophy or anything else.

Here is a list of former OU QB's. Pick out the most successful QB's. And what do they all have in common? They each won a NC. Talent, NFL draft status, awards, etc. don't mean anything when the ultimate goal at schools like Bama and OU is to win as many NC's as you can.

Sam Bradford
Jason White
Josh Heupel
Steve Davis
Jamelle Holleway
Baker Mayfield
Jack Mildren
Thomas Lott
Kyler Murray
OU has a bunch of QBs (White, Bradford, Mayfield and Murray) who won the Heisman but didn't win the NC or even their Bowl Game. Alabama has a bunch of QBs who won the NC but did not win the Heisman. I do not get the comparison.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU has a bunch of QBs (White, Bradford, Mayfield and Murray) who won the Heisman but didn't win the NC or even their Bowl Game. Alabama has a bunch of QBs who won the NC but did not win the Heisman. I do not get the comparison.

This wasn't an OU vs. Alabama comparison. It was a "best" vs "most successful" comparison. Alabama has obviously had more successful quarterbacks that Oklahoma. Were they better quarterbacks? Maybe not. But they were certainly more successful. Teams like Bama and Oklahoma should only care about success........which Bama has had a lot of lately. We're still trying to get more successful like Alabama has been. Neither team should get hung up on which QB's are the "best. NC's are all that counts in the long run.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the guy has dreams of going pro, so I get the feeling he's ready to go and wants to prove a point.

We'll see.
It will be a fun year watching everything try to gel up.

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than Mayfield and Murray?
Are Mayfield and Murray still on the roster? I'm pretty sure that he was referring to the current roster, not the allstar Heisman trophy historic lineup.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better than Mayfield and Murray?

He said Murray.

I think he will be fine but he isn't an upgrade over a Heisman trophy winner. If he were clearly better than Murray he is still at Bama because he'd be clearly better than Tua as well.

And that isn't a knock on him. No one was better than Murray last year. He's better than Blake Bell and Landry Jones but they take a step back at the position next year.

Crimson Kirk

Posting Intern
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the part of his Players Tribune article where he said: "Coach Saban taught me a lot about business"? Well the move to Oklahoma was a business decision. He choose a big time program that runs an offense best-suited for his skill-set. The Sooners are likely CFP favorites and Jalen can have himself firmly in the Heisman discussion, all season long. Dude wants to play in the NFL and he's not going to get there as the QB at Maryland.

Crimson Kirk

Posting Intern
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said Murray.

I think he will be fine but he isn't an upgrade over a Heisman trophy winner. If he were clearly better than Murray he is still at Bama because he'd be clearly better than Tua as well.

And that isn't a knock on him. No one was better than Murray last year. He's better than Blake Bell and Landry Jones but they take a step back at the position next year.
Jesus, you really don't think much of Jalen Hurts, do you?

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, you really don't think much of Jalen Hurts, do you?

Landry was a solid backup in the NFL. There is no disrespect in saying he is better than someone with legit NFL talent but not as good as a Heisman trophy winning 1st round pick type talent.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that Jalen Hurts is a better QB than anything we have for this year.

And it isn't close.
Thanks for coming over.

I'm on board with that. Kendall bolted. Other guy was a 3rd option as a recruit. The Freshman is all world but Hurts has played in something like 6 playoff games. I still say he is a step down from the Murray/Baker type QB but there aren't 5 teams in the nation that can say they are doing better next year.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may actually be 4th on the best qb list.

Clemson, Georgia, and Bama have scoreboard but after that I'm not sure.

Ohio State and Miami have dudes but they transferred out without doing anything so who knows. Michigan has a solid guy but I'd take Hurts. In conference Texas has a guy who isn't as good, OKST has a guy who hasn't played a snap yet, and WVU has a guy who left because he knows the guy took his spot. The best one of the bunch was mismanaged at TCU and is leaving. Oregon has a dude so maybe there but same story as Michigan.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Mayfield and Murray still on the roster? I'm pretty sure that he was referring to the current roster, not the allstar Heisman trophy historic lineup.
Then I would agree completely if he was referring to the upcoming roster.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts will always be remembered as a Sooner

:behindsofa:

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts will always be remembered as a Sooner

:behindsofa:

Unfortunately you might be half right. Kinda like Troy Aikman. The guy has a National Championship ring in his drawer but shit talks OU, Switzer, etc. and acts like he was always at UCLA. The prick was so bad about it at Dallas that Emmitt Smith and Michael Irwin both told him to cool it and just play @#$%^&* football. You'll never see another less grateful person in the world as Aikman (who was supported 100% by Switzer to transfer to UCLA). Jalen Hurts has class. Even if he won a NC at OU, I'd bet good money he would always say good things about Bama. Who knows......if we beat Bama in a NC game it would be cool to attend one of those reunions with Jalen Hurts catching shit (and respect) from both squads. :clap: