• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Jalen choose OU

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't winning a national championship without a defense.

I agree. That said, I believe Oklahoma has the talent to be much much better on defense. I don’t know what the new staff will be able to do in a one year turn around but I do believe it will be better than it has been. If they can put out a top 30 defense anything is possible.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. That said, I believe Oklahoma has the talent to be much much better on defense. I don’t know what the new staff will be able to do in a one year turn around but I do believe it will be better than it has been. If they can put out a top 30 defense anything is possible.

We'll see. Alabama had a decent defense and comparable offense and it wasn't good enough this year. All it takes is 1 guy who isn't up to par really, Clemson abused Savion Smith all night long. Almost every single big play Clemson had was on whoever he was covering including multiple TDs.

And then on top of that, even with all that talent, our DC was making shitty calls. It was even worse than I thought during the game after watching some videos from people breaking it down. That fool called a fucking stunt on the 1 yard line, which is why he now at the Cleveland Browns learning some X's and O's.

I won't say it's impossible for Oklahoma, but it's a very high bar and the only way I see it being possible is if that bar lowers and Oklahoma improves a shit ton. I'm just being honest - I don't think it's going to happen.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. Alabama had a decent defense and comparable offense and it wasn't good enough this year. All it takes is 1 guy who isn't up to par really, Clemson abused Savion Smith all night long. Almost every single big play Clemson had was on whoever he was covering including multiple TDs.

And then on top of that, even with all that talent, our DC was making shitty calls. It was even worse than I thought during the game after watching some videos from people breaking it down. That fool called a fucking stunt on the 1 yard line, which is why he now at the Cleveland Browns learning some X's and O's.

I won't say it's impossible for Oklahoma, but it's a very high bar and the only way I see it being possible is if that bar lowers and Oklahoma improves a shit ton. I'm just being honest - I don't think it's going to happen.
Ok...tell us more about how Alabama is applicable in any situation or thought process.

I'm thinking about buying some new shoelaces later, how would Alabama approach that?

Jtrain80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the guy has dreams of going pro, so I get the feeling he's ready to go and wants to prove a point.

We'll see.
It will be a fun year watching everything try to gel up.

Yes it will.

I just rewatched Spencer Rattlers highlights. Goodness. We would have to have something pretty good to keep him on the bench.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m not trying to knock OU, but it is going to take some time before they come near a top 30 defense. That’d be an improvement of 80+ spots.

I think Lincoln Riley has the right idea and they could win without a top 30 defense. They just need to be able to field a defense that can get them a few stops when it matters.

Heck, just the style of offense OU runs will make it extremely difficult to field a top 30 defense, because the offense doesn’t have long drives too often and even when they do, it is only a 3-4 minute drive because of their tempo.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it will.

I just rewatched Spencer Rattlers highlights. Goodness. We would have to have something pretty good to keep him on the bench.

Funny you said that — I just watched his today too, as UM got a commit from his backup, who looked impressive too.

Rattler looks like he has crazy pocket awareness and can feel defenders closing in and make a quick move to give him time to make throws. Looks like a perfect fit for OU’s offense.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...tell us more about how Alabama is applicable in any situation or thought process.

I'm thinking about buying some new shoelaces later, how would Alabama approach that?

You're right, Alabama isn't at all applicable when it comes to talking about National Championships, especially in a thread about a guy who's been in the last 3 of them.

Let's hear more from the 0-3 playoff bitch fan on it.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, Alabama isn't at all applicable when it comes to talking about National Championships, especially in a thread about a guy who's been in the last 3 of them.

Let's hear more from the 0-3 playoff bitch fan on it.
Thinking about doing some laundry later...how would Nick separate that shit?

Bleach the whites?
Cold water for the bold colors?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about doing some laundry later...how would Nick separate that shit?

Bleach the whites?
Cold water for the bold colors?

I need more info before I ask him. Why is it you're a man who has to do laundry in the first place?

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need more info before I ask him. Why is it you're a man who has to do laundry in the first place?
Is Nick as big of a chauvinist bigot as this? Noted...

What more info do you need goddamnit? Give me the specific detergent too...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Nick as big of a chauvinist bigot as this? Noted...

What more info do you need goddamnit? Give me the specific detergent too...

It's fine if you do your own laundry. I did my own when I was young. People in the military do their own laundry, etc.

Simple question, but if you're too embarrassed to answer it's cool.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fine if you do your own laundry. I did my own when I was young. People in the military do their own laundry, etc.

Simple question, but if you're too embarrassed to answer it's cool.
I'm getting ready to go take a shit....TP folded nicely or just wadded up?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting ready to go take a shit....TP folded nicely or just wadded up?

I thought this thread was about Jalen, not the Oklahoma defense.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think his skills match the Sooner offense. Not that he sucks or anything like that. He's like the exact opposite of Murray and Mayfield.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think his skills match the Sooner offense. Not that he sucks or anything like that. He's like the exact opposite of Murray and Mayfield.

Guess we’ll find out how well Riley adapts to his talent.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess we’ll find out how well Riley adapts to his talent.

His biggest problems were mental really. He abandoned the pocket too early often times instead of stepping up into it. He got better with that over the past year in the limited action we saw, but many times plays end up with him rolling out after feeling a tiny bit of pressure, usually throwing it out of bounds or running out of bounds.

So if Riley can help him in that area, he can be really good. Seeing defenses, keeping his eyes downfield while moving into the pocket kind of things.

I'll be disappointed if they adapt the offense too much. He's better than people think.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens now, if Tua gets hurt during the year.
Who is Alabama's next "guy" at QB

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His biggest problems were mental really. He abandoned the pocket too early often times instead of stepping up into it. He got better with that over the past year in the limited action we saw, but many times plays end up with him rolling out after feeling a tiny bit of pressure, usually throwing it out of bounds or running out of bounds.

So if Riley can help him in that area, he can be really good. Seeing defenses, keeping his eyes downfield while moving into the pocket kind of things.

I'll be disappointed if they adapt the offense too much. He's better than people think.

Look at Murray in the pocket at A&M and when he took over at Oklahoma. Riley will coach him up.