• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Jalen choose OU

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying this is true but whew, salty as fuck. LoL
I'm sure deep down a part of him does want to show them they made the wrong choice to bench him. Can't wait for the season.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what is salty about it. I said in the other thread I figured he choose Oklahoma because they are contenders.

Only makes sense really, who wants to go play for some shitty school with no chance to win a national championship? I don't think he would have come to Alabama to start with if he didn't have that mentality.

Glad he was able to land at a place like Oklahoma. I'll get called homer and whatever, but I think he'll end up being an upgrade.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what is salty about it. I said in the other thread I figured he choose Oklahoma because they are contenders.

Only makes sense really, who wants to go play for some shitty school with no chance to win a national championship? I don't think he would have come to Alabama to start with if he didn't have that mentality.

Glad he was able to land at a place like Oklahoma. I'll get called homer and whatever, but I think he'll end up being an upgrade.
He’s probably a better runner but Murray is a significantly better passer. Not sure how you can consider Hurts as an upgrade overall. You are sounding like ATF now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hurts > Kendall

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s probably a better runner but Murray is a significantly better passer. Not sure how you can consider Hurts as an upgrade overall. You are sounding like ATF now.

I think he’s saying an upgrade over a Kendall.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Jalen, I wish him all success

… unless of course he plays Bama. :)

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurts > Kendall

Over Murray. I think people forget he did lose 2 games.

I'm not saying better QB, not saying he's going to win the Heisman, but Hurts was playing for National Championships as a true freshman, has done so for every year on the team, and 2 of those years were as a starter. I think Hurts is a much better leader and brings things outside the physical aspects that I didn't see in Murray. I think he brings a different mentality as a whole, and to be honest - a bit of toughness and heart Oklahoma(and especially the Big12 as a whole - get over it, it's not an insult) kind of lacks at times.

He's going to be in the weight room challenging people, just does the right things, etc. He's very clutch. Georgia shut him out, no doubt, so did Auburn that same year. But in the Clemson game his true freshman year, we had a 10pt lead going into the 4th and he gave us the lead on his last real possession. It takes excellent defense to beat him, I think he could have beat Alabama's defense this year.

Intangibles etc. Kind of person who can make the entire team better and more than capable of playing the position and scoring many TDs.

Video of him as a true freshman in the weight room. Squats over 600lbs or some shit like that last I heard.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying better QB, not saying he's going to win the Heisman, but Hurts was playing for National Championships as a true freshman, has done so for every year on the team, and 2 of those years were as a starter. I think Hurts is a much better leader and brings things outside the physical aspects that I didn't see in Murray. I think he brings a different mentality as a whole, and to be honest - a bit of toughness and heart Oklahoma(and especially the Big12 as a whole - get over it, it's not an insult) kind of lacks at times.

He's going to be in the weight room challenging people, just does the right things, etc. He's very clutch. Georgia shut him out, no doubt, so did Auburn that same year. But in the Clemson game his true freshman year, we had a 10pt lead going into the 4th and he gave us the lead on his last real possession. It takes excellent defense to beat him, I think he could have beat Alabama's defense this year.

Intangibles etc. Kind of person who can make the entire team better and more than capable of playing the position and scoring many TDs.

Video of him as a true freshman in the weight room. Squats over 600lbs or some shit like that last I heard.

Just to add to this and his mentality and doing things right. He's 2 year starter, gets benched and rides the bench all year long. Suddenly gets thrown into the Georgia game and has great success, leads the comeback and Alabama wins.

That shit didn't just happen randomly by some miracle. He had to prepare for that game like he was the starter, put all the effort and things into it, all the while knowing, especially that late in the season, that he's not likely to play. But he comes in, he's completely prepared and leads 2 drives to win the game.

You aren't going to get that kind of stuff out of very many QB's. Nevermind the fact the guy stuck it out all year long while other QB's transferred.

Kind of personality brings things to a team beyond the field.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Hurts lost two games and should have been a third in the National Championship game last year. Hurts also played with a phenomenal defense which I think his freshman year of the offense didn’t put a point on the board, would have been bowl eligible. OD could have been the QB and taken them to a SEC title.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Hurts lost two games and should have been a third in the National Championship game last year. Hurts also played with a phenomenal defense which I think his freshman year of the offense didn’t put a point on the board, would have been bowl eligible. OD could have been the QB and taken them to a SEC title.

As I said, it takes really good defenses to stop him.