• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is stating the obvious considered whining?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna take the coach at his word, thanks. He has no agenda. He has no reason to sugar coat it.

Do we even need to get into how shady the NCAA is? Good grief. How the fuck is this even a discussion?

His word doesn't mean shit. HE WASN'T FUCKING THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God damn, how hard is that for you to figure out?

I don't have an agenda but you shouldn't take my word on what Abe Lincoln had for lunch on his 20th birthday BECAUSE I WASN'T FUCKING THERE!

Fine, if you think the NCAA is shady, that's great, but don't tell me how trustworthy you think Seth Greenburg is because HE WASN'T FUCKING THERE!

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His word doesn't mean shit. HE WASN'T FUCKING THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God damn, how hard is that for you to figure out?

I don't have an agenda but you shouldn't take my word on what Abe Lincoln had for lunch on his 20th birthday BECAUSE I WASN'T FUCKING THERE!

Fine, if you think the NCAA is shady, that's great, but don't tell me how trustworthy you think Seth Greenburg is because HE WASN'T FUCKING THERE!

The review procedures are not uniform? I'm not buying that. Take a pill.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The review procedures are not uniform? I'm not buying that. Take a pill.

The procedures are uniform. That doesn't mean that ever review is uniform. The reviews are still performed by the same fallible people that made the wrong call in the first place.

Seth was talking in generalities, and in general he may be right, but HE HAS ABSOLUTELY ZERO 1ST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF THE SPECIFIC CALL WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. NONE. ZIP. ZILCH. NA-DA.

The head of officiating was there. If you think he's a liar, that's fine. If you think he's lying because Seth Greenberg made some vague generality, then you're a fucking idiot.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The procedures are uniform. That doesn't mean that ever review is uniform. The reviews are still performed by the same fallible people that made the wrong call in the first place.

Seth was talking in generalities, and in general he may be right, but HE HAS ABSOLUTELY ZERO 1ST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF THE SPECIFIC CALL WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. NONE. ZIP. ZILCH. NA-DA.

The head of officiating was there. If you think he's a liar, that's fine. If you think he's lying because Seth Greenberg made some vague generality, then you're a fucking idiot.

I think he's lying to cover their ass. Something the NCAA is notorious for.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's lying to cover their ass. Something the NCAA is notorious for.

So you think that the NCAA conspired to have Duke win and ordered the officials to make an incorrect call on what was a pretty obvious overturn that would heap criticism onto the organization...

is more plausible than

The refs didn't see the same video we did, that made the call obvious. (a piece of video, mind you, that typically isn't available to them ever because they usually only have 3 or 4 cameras at a non-FF game)

Why not go ahead and blame the Illuminati? You know they have the power to make that happen and they want Duke to win.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think that the NCAA conspired to have Duke win and ordered the officials to make an incorrect call on what was a pretty obvious overturn that would heap criticism onto the organization...

is more plausible than

The refs didn't see the same video we did, that made the call obvious. (a piece of video, mind you, that typically isn't available to them ever because they usually only have 3 or 4 cameras at a non-FF game)

Why not go ahead and blame the Illuminati? You know they have the power to make that happen and they want Duke to win.

I'll call into Alex Jones today and get his take on it.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still lots of bitching about the refs and it's absurd!

Kentucky fans said the refs cost them the game vs Wisconsin.

I didn't hear any Wisconsin fans bitching about the refs when they beat Kentucky. I didn't see any Wisconsin fans saying Kentucky really beat us but the refs gave us the win. I feel so bad for Kentucky. They were robbed....or jobbed by the refs.

Maybe if Wisconsin hadn't missed 36 shots they would have won. What if Wisconsin had made 5 of the 36 shots that they missed. Were there 36 bad calls by the refs in favor of Duke?

Can you imagine if Wisconsin had made 10 of those 36 missed shots?

If you say the refs cost you a game then you did not do enough to win the game and you deserve to lose.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's considered whining because, as has been pointed out, the refs are not what cost Wiscy the game. In fact, the refs are never the reason a team loses a game. There are always plenty of things that the team didn't do well enough that cost them the game.

For Wiscy, if you're up by 9 with 5 minutes left, don't abandon your offense and start playing one on one.