• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is stating the obvious considered whining?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it the society we live in today? Is everyone too sensitive? I didn't have a dog in the fight last night and I really didn't care who won. All that said...a bad call is a bad call (and there were several and it certainly seemed fishy to me). Saying so shouldn't be akin to pissin in somebody's Cheerios.

Why do we live in a world where criticism is frowned upon? Where emotions are frowned upon? Where anger is frowned upon? Where questions are frowned upon? If I'm Bo Ryan and Wisconsin I want some answers. I deserve answers.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
up 9, couldn't close it out.

4 minutes left in the first half BOTH Winslow and Okafor NOT in game and Wisconsin couldn't close it out... That's why Wisconsin lost. Sure there were terrible calls for and against Wisconsin but that's NOT why they lost.

Personally I don't think coaches should be interviewed right after a tough loss like this since emotions are running so high!

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Greenberg just said on Mike and Mike that the refs have a system where they can break down a review frame by frame. I guess they're blind or this shit was rigged. There's no other explanation.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
up 9, couldn't close it out.

4 minutes left in the first half BOTH Winslow and Okafor NOT in game and Wisconsin couldn't close it out... That's why Wisconsin lost. Sure there were terrible calls for and against Wisconsin but that's NOT why they lost.

Personally I don't think coaches should be interviewed right after a tough loss like this since emotions are running so high!

That's a very good idea. fully agree. the losing coach and players shouldn't be interviewed until the following day, when they've calmed down. but you know the fucking media wants those "flaming obnoxious comments" they can milk.......

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't come to Sports SportsHoopla for this foolishness.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure. But, I guess is its "obvious" it really doesn't need to be stated. :noidea:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the refs didn't determine or influence the outcome even a little. Refs are not perfect, neither is weather reporting. Bitching about either does nothing.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the refs didn't determine or influence the outcome even a little. Refs are not perfect, neither is weather reporting. Bitching about either does nothing.

Well, that's simply not true. The Duke player clearly stepped out of bounds and the other Duke player clearly knocked the ball out of bounds. These are facts and they are indisputable. The first is excusable. The ref is human. The second one is not. It was reviewed. It was indisputable. They did nothing.

And I don't even care. I just find it funny that we're not allowed to talk about it. If you talk about it you're completely shunned from society! How dare you!

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's simply not true. The Duke player clearly stepped out of bounds!

yes....but if you've ever officiated you would find that you are not going to catch absolutely everything. There was also a bit of banging going on at that time. Who knows what else caught his attention away from that toe barely touching the line.

and the other Duke player clearly knocked the ball out of bounds. These are facts and they are indisputable. The first is excusable. The ref is human. The second one is not. It was reviewed. It was indisputable. They did nothing.!

Oh come on. If you were looking on your 72" wide screen...yes...it looked like maybe that middle fingernail breezed the ball. It wasn't anywhere close to what you claim as being obvious. Even the talking heads were not sure so stfu with this bull shit. And the refs are looking on that tiny assed monitor where that "maybe a fingernail" isn't going to warrant changing the call on the court.

And I don't even care. I just find it funny that we're not allowed to talk about it. If you talk about it you're completely shunned from society! How dare you!

You do care. It's why you're complaining about minutia. You're a fucking hoot kramer. Put on a pair of sneaks and officiate a game at any level. Better yet...have your son grab a whistle and let the parents bitch about him and see what you think about how hard it can be.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes....but if you've ever officiated you would find that you are not going to catch absolutely everything. There was also a bit of banging going on at that time. Who knows what else caught his attention away from that toe barely touching the line.

Oh come on. If you were looking on your 72" wide screen...yes...it looked like maybe that middle fingernail breezed the ball. It wasn't anywhere close to what you claim as being obvious. Even the talking heads were not sure so stfu with this bull shit. And the refs are looking on that tiny assed monitor where that "maybe a fingernail" isn't going to warrant changing the call on the court.

You do care. It's why you're complaining about minutia. You're a fucking hoot kramer. Put on a pair of sneaks and officiate a game at any level. Better yet...have your son grab a whistle and let the parents bitch about him and see what you think about how hard it can be.

Seth Greenberg said on Mike and Mike this morning that the refs have a better view than we do at home, actually. And if a better monitor is available (and it is) then why do they not have it there for the most important game of the season?

No, I don't care about that particular game one bit. I care about the subject because it's brought up often. The response is always the same. ALWAYS. That response is to shut up and sweep everything under the rug. That's not progressive. That's not what solves problems...be it in sports or anything.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a very good idea. fully agree. the losing coach and players shouldn't be interviewed until the following day, when they've calmed down. but you know the fucking media wants those "flaming obnoxious comments" they can milk.......

exactly and they LOVED controversy!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if Seth Greenberg said it then it has to be gospel. :D

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, Bo Ryan has always been a whiney bitch. This wasn't a 1 time thing.

Oldie but a goodie. I'm just going to leave this here:

Q9QmUbA.png

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You trust the NCAA head of officials? You trust the NCAA? ok....

If you wanted to know how many fingers Charles Manson's cell mate is holding up right now, are you going to believe Charles Manson or Seth Greenberg?

You should probably put more weight it what Charles Manson says, not because of who he is, but because he's the only one that is goddamn there, dipshit.

If you don't believe the guy that was actually there, that's fine, but why on earth are you going to take the word of some guy that is just talking out of his ass?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you wanted to know how many fingers Charles Manson's cell mate is holding up right now, are you going to believe Charles Manson or Seth Greenberg?

You should probably put more weight it what Charles Manson says, not because of who he is, but because he's the only one that is goddamn there, dipshit.

If you don't believe the guy that was actually there, that's fine, but why on earth are you going to take the word of some guy that is just talking out of his ass?

I'm gonna take the coach at his word, thanks. He has no agenda. He has no reason to sugar coat it.

Do we even need to get into how shady the NCAA is? Good grief. How the fuck is this even a discussion?