• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why is McCaffery going to New York?

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffery played against one top 25 defense northwestern and was held to 66 yards and no TDs in a loss to northwestern. Henry had 147 yards and 3 tds vs Wisconsin the number 3 defensive team in the nation . Both teams that play in the BIG. Best comparison you can make and very telling. McCaffery also went against some very weak PAC defenses especially against the run. Oregon once and USC twice would pad anyone's stats. This was a very bad year for the PAC. Guarantee Iowa shuts him down too
Alabama junior RB Derrick Henry and Stanford sophomore RB Christian McCaffrey rushed for YPC averages of 5.33 and 5.34, respectively, against Top-50 rushing defenses.
Per carry average isn't the be-all, end-all of the Heisman race, but it's certainly eye-opening that Henry and McCaffrey are almost identical against the better run defenses in the country

Per Roto McCaffrey was exactly as good against top 50 defenses as Henry actually.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see any MSU fan up here trying to tell everyone about mediocrity and taking advantage of it. I only see a jealous bucknut fan throwing stones from a glass house. And it's fucking hilarious.

Carry on.
Jesus, learn to read. You're so far off of what I said it's absurd.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I really read a page and a half of a B1G fan talking about conference mediocrity making a team look better? Did that really happen? :L

Stanford is maybe 7-5, probably 6-6 without McCaffrey. He's far and away their most key player. He's the conference MVP as it were. He makes a huge difference. Anyone that had a team that faced him can tell you the difference between him and the next best athlete they faced all year and it's not even close.

Does he deserve to win it? I really don't know. I'll at least be more honest than those trying to rip McCaffrey and say I haven't seen enough of the others to really tell who is better, but he by far deserves to be there.

Yes, it took two more games to break Sanders record than what Barry was able to do in his era. It's not apples to apples, but we have had the 12 game seasons for how many years? And this talk about it only happened in a shitty Pac conference is laughable because these records haven't fallen in the WAC, MWC, or the other truly easy to roll over conferences either. No one has ever done what this kid did. Not in a great conference, not in a mediocre one, and not in a seriously shitty one. It hasn't ever happened.

Seems to me the ones voicing this stupidity are fans of teams that missed the playoffs or had players overlooked. Your need to make shit up to make yourselves feel better isn't going unnoticed.
McCaffrey did it in less touches than Sanders tho.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst of all I heard McCaffrey likes fat chicks, that should automatically disqualify him.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffery played against one top 25 defense northwestern and was held to 66 yards and no TDs in a loss to northwestern. Henry had 147 yards and 3 tds vs Wisconsin the number 3 defensive team in the nation . Both teams that play in the BIG. Best comparison you can make and very telling. McCaffery also went against some very weak PAC defenses especially against the run. Oregon once and USC twice would pad anyone's stats. This was a very bad year for the PAC. Guarantee Iowa shuts him down too
God damnit clarkson... shut up...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst of all I heard McCaffrey likes fat chicks, that should automatically disqualify him.
Is that all it takes? Where do I sign up for heisman consideration?

:yes:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adore had 664 kickoff return yards averaging 21, 9 less than McCaffrey. He was a very good punt returner, that is his speciality.

Adore had 382 yards and 2 receiving TDs. McCaffrey had 540 yards and 4 TD's lol and it's not even his primary position.
Adore had 664 kickoff return yards averaging 21, 9 less than McCaffrey. He was a very good punt returner, that is his speciality.

Adore had 382 yards and 2 receiving TDs. McCaffrey had 540 yards and 4 TD's lol and it's not even his primary position.
Adoree also had 31 more tackles and 1 more int than McCaffery. #CORNERBACKLIVESMATTER #ADOREEWASROBBED

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude... you and I are on the same page. I never once said McCaffery wasn't legit; I actually said he belonged in New York. I also never even once said the Pac 12 was bad, I said they were down this year. That's where this conversation started, before the Pac 12 brigade come on here guns blazing. The Pac 12 was a good conference, but they weren't great, they were down compared to recent years, and they underachieved as a whole compared to the preseason expectations. This has been my point all along.
I see... well, then :suds:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damnit clarkson... shut up...
Just being honest PAC defenses and special teams leaked like a siv this year. How may yards does Henry,Watson or Elliot go for in the PAC just to name a few. I don't know I used my stanford McCaffery view master brainwashing device to make A :doobs: I don't trust the Stanford nerds or Biebers inflated stats

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before spewing bull shit, which you are by the way, you can look and see the games against crap school he got the least amount of yards and touches.

Its not what Henry did against those crap schools. it what the SEC Defense did to those crap schools

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair sanders would have doubled up on those PAC defenses. McCafffeferyis over rated his numbers are overinflated. He faced one top 25 defense and was held to 66 yards and no Tds. A massive chunk of his yards are off of kick returns which are moot IMO. Subtract those and you have what he is. A product of the media.Bieber is only making the trip to NY because of his teenage girl fan base. And the Canadian voters

rush defense:
Oregon: 75
USC: 45

texas a&M: 104
Auburn: 91
Miss State: 72

you were saying?

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if a guy coming out of an non power 5 conference did this would it also warrent the same recognition?

so now you're suggesting the PAC is equivalent to a non power 5 conference. LOL, if no sorry wrong angle

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just being honest PAC defenses and special teams leaked like a siv this year. How may yards does Henry,Watson or Elliot go for in the PAC just to name a few. I don't know I used my stanford McCaffery view master brainwashing device to make A :doobs: I don't trust the Stanford nerds or Biebers inflated stats
Well, I don't know if you're serious or not, but Stanford faced more than one top 25 defense... :thumper:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCaffrey did it in less touches than Sanders tho.
Point is it is a different era. It's still a record that stood for a long time and the greatest names in the game since haven't done it. Nor have the great kids that went through the schools that have really bad schedules, not the 14th toughest in the nation.

He obviously belongs on that stage. Win it? Again, I don't know, but no one can argue he shouldn't be there.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is it is a different era. It's still a record that stood for a long time and the greatest names in the game since haven't done it. Nor have the great kids that went through the schools that have really bad schedules, not the 14th toughest in the nation.

He obviously belongs on that stage. Win it? Again, I don't know, but no one can argue he shouldn't be there.
He should run away with it. If any of the 3 shouldn't be there it is Henry.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama junior RB Derrick Henry and Stanford sophomore RB Christian McCaffrey rushed for YPC averages of 5.33 and 5.34, respectively, against Top-50 rushing defenses.
Per carry average isn't the be-all, end-all of the Heisman race, but it's certainly eye-opening that Henry and McCaffrey are almost identical against the better run defenses in the country

Per Roto McCaffrey was exactly as good against top 50 defenses as Henry actually.
McCaffery vs #11 defense Northwestern 12 carries 66 yards rushing 23 yards receiving -8 yards KR 0 TDs 6 photios in tigerbeat
Henry vs #3 defense Wisconsin 13 carries 147 yard 3 TDS

Both teams in the BIG so the assessment is leaving out the SEC hate and the PSC stat padding defenses . That comparison says it all

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If any of the 3 shouldn't be there it is Henry."

:pound:

All he did was break Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker all-time SEC records along the way. What an idiot you is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should run away with it. If any of the 3 shouldn't be there it is Henry.

This could create change in the future. Coach hand the ball off to the RB 40+ times and we will give him Heisman, even if he gets 5 a carry. Shit he faced a top 10 defense and averaged a mind-bottling 3 yards a carry but he is the best.