• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why I doubt LeBron goes ANYWHERE next summer

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see him leaving again either. Atleast not until he knows he's a piece player.

And that's going to be awhile.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're at it, any idea why Russell Westbrook aka the Loyal One, hasn't signed his extension yet? It's been on the table for a long time now and guys like Harden and Wall have already agreed to theirs.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah its almost like it would be the type of thing a MOD should step in and take care of.
Oh, honey...

That's never going to happen...Lmfao

You can't talk that much shit and expect someone to step in when the favor is returned.

I think those posts from @Shaqdaddy11 are childish as shit and stopped being funny weeks ago.

But, you fucking earned it ....lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we're at it, any idea why Russell Westbrook aka the Loyal One, hasn't signed his extension yet? It's been on the table for a long time now and guys like Harden and Wall have already agreed to theirs.
Ummmmm, If I had to guess..one of 4 reasons.

1. He's not sure he's staying if they dont have a good year.

2. He's not sure he's staying if they do have a good year and George bolts anyway.

3. He's not staying.

4. Maybe he doesnt want to commit and have the Thunder fall back on their penny pinching ways?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shopping the pick means what to you?
To me, it means finding the best offer and going to James with it, just like in the previous situations last summer.
If he agrees to stay, pull the trigger.
If not, no trade.
So far, James hasn't agreed.
That's why you still have Love vs George or Butler.

^ This ^

They already did that with Paul George and Lebron refused to commit.

So, that pick is going nowhere.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A question that's been repeated without a logical answer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Mecca has some good points, but I still think my take on Russ was right on.

I don't think he is any more loyal to OKC than KD was. Had KD resigned long term, Russ would have walked This past summer. Instead, he re-upped for a year because he saw an opportunity to build his personal brand by piling up stats. He did what was best for Russ, just like KD did what was best for him. It had nothing to do with OKC, IMO. If it did, he would have signed already.

He won't resign long term, because he isn't sure what the best long term play will he and he wants to keep options open. If he has a better opportunity elsewhere, you can bet that he will leave. Thing is, he may not view Super Team formation as his best opportunity. Being option 1,2, and 3 in OKC last year did more for his status than winning a title ever would have.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um....no matter where he lands, he will look mercenary.

Philly would be just as strong as the Lakers in terms of young talent and capspace.

But, I agree....he's likely not considering them.

He will consider the Lakers if they can attract another top guy that can give him another shot at a title.

Or

He admits that his Championship days are done and he wants to get the jump on his life after basketball.

But, I disagree that LA and the Cavs are his singular focus.

If he can reign in that Ego and accept that his friends are not a package deal, the Spurs are his BEST option if he goes.

Pop is not having Klutch, nor LRMR, run roughshod in Spursville.
He would be stupid to out his bets on only two options but I would bet he has ruled out Clevand completely. HE'S DONE WITH THEM

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mecca has some good points, but I still think my take on Russ was right on.

I don't think he is any more loyal to OKC than KD was. Had KD resigned long term, Russ would have walked This past summer. Instead, he re-upped for a year because he saw an opportunity to build his personal brand by piling up stats. He did what was best for Russ, just like KD did what was best for him. It had nothing to do with OKC, IMO. If it did, he would have signed already.

He won't resign long term, because he isn't sure what the best long term play will he and he wants to keep options open. If he has a better opportunity elsewhere, you can bet that he will leave. Thing is, he may not view Super Team formation as his best opportunity. Being option 1,2, and 3 in OKC last year did more for his status than winning a title ever would have.
You might be right.

It's not like he hasn't been back in town.

I saw a rumor last week that suggested Westbrook was Lebron's future teammate of choice.

Does anyone believe there is a realistic chance of that happening in OKC or Ohio?

I don't.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna read the whole 9 pages of everyone saying the same thing. Bottom line is, and pretty much everyone on this thread agrees, LeBron is either staying in Cleveland or going to the Lakers. @WiggyRuss makes a decent case for him to stay, @trojanfan12 makes a decent case for him to leave. 10 more damn pages won't change the argument, and until something happens that's it. It's probably 50/50 to be honest.

More data will come in including:

Will the Cavs trade the pick for a win now guy?
How good will the Lakers young core look this year?
Is there really a racist email?
Any major injuries to the Cavs, Lakers, or Warriors that tip the scales?

And so on.

Until something new happens, there's nothing more to say. He may stay, he may go, it's not a lock either way.

/thread

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers will try to sign LeBron - but I would prefer that they Don't -He has left to many teams in a shambles in his career -

What if the Lakers win a couple rings before he leaves them in shambles? Worth it?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am with you on this one - I really don't like LeBron because he only signs for one or two years and then leaves the team in a shambles - Perhaps it's not his fault and let's face the facts - without LeBron Cleveland would still be ringless and wouldn't be getting one in the next ten years - so Gilbert grabbed the best chance he had, but now will have to rebuild from ground zero in 2018. That's no fun. The Lakers should be going after young players for the long haul - not that they care about my opinion:lol:

Um, he played in Cleveland 7 years, then Miami 4 years, then Cleveland again this year will make 4 years...where do you get 1 or 2 years?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad Irma decided to take her talents to the West coast.