• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

why does no one want to be a 49er?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But hey they got a great stadium to drink wine in!

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk fans only have to recall the Ken Bearing years to understand what is happening to the Niner's. Bad ownership is just a death sentence for a franchise. I feel for Niner fans as we went through a similar nightmare.
Maybe the owners will sell when the shit gets heavy or they higher some people with football smarts and take the football playset away from the kid.

That is very true,those were dark days indeed.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what is so fun about the NFL. A few plays here or there truly change the entire outcome of a season. I mean honestly we should be looking at a Green Bay possibly Baltimore Super Bowl right now. Unfortunately for those two teams some bounces did not go their way to close out games that most likely were in the 90th percentile that they would win the game. Heck I would say the Green Bay game was probably in the 98-99% area that they would win that game. Instead we are now where Seattle and New England have a chance of adding to their trophy case.

99.2% chance with about four minutes left, according to Pro Football Reference.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From where I sit, and this is just totally my opinion. But the way the owner/gm handled Harbaugh was absolutely embarrassing. He is a fantastic coach and turned that team around from some very very dark years.

But just because he wouldn't play ball and be a yes man he was let go.

I mean look at his resume. 3 NFCCGs, 1 SB, one play away from winning the SB and one play away form a second SB appearance. And even his "bad year" was a .500 club.

I know JH was a weirdo, and im SURE he was hard to work with. But I bet you its a two way street. Balke and York are no spring rose either.

My hunch is that this is right on target. It's almost like York went out of his way to humiliate Jim Harbaugh last year. First it was trying to trade Harbaugh for draft picks before the season even started, which Harbaugh had to find out about through the media. Then it was York tweeting after the first Seahawks game that things were "unacceptable' and would not continue to be tolerated, which the whole football-watching world interpreted as aimed at Harbaugh (why do that in Twitter??) And then it was the whole repetitive emphasis on "winning with class" during their HC search, making it seem that Harbaugh wasn't able to do that.

A lot of Hawk fans didn't like Harbaugh's personality, but the guy took the 49ers to three NFCCGs and a SB in four years-- he absolutely deserved better than to be humiliated by York on his way out of the door there. I mean if you can be extremely successful in that organization and still get treated like a punk by the owner, who's going to want to go there? Who's going to trust that?

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could be they are looking at a coach still playing? I doubt it.

The timing has been awful in San Fran. They were quick to part ways with Harbaugh but then they made the Head Coach search a process when everyone knew who they were going to hire.

They wanted to appear thoughtful but only succeeded in looking clueless.

Having an owner and GM pulling the shots the way they have would discourage a lot of guys from wanting to get involved. Plus knowing it is almost always a train wreck when succeeding a successful regime makes guys with options choose the better or safer option.

If San Fran fails to go .500 the 49er fans will be leading a revolt and in that division with what they have on offense it will be a hard road to .500!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If San Fran fails to go .500 the 49er fans will be leading a revolt and in that division with what they have on offense it will be a hard road to .500!

Wasn't that long ago the 9'ers were in the toilet and their fans weren't exactly marching on team headquarters with pitch forks.

They were in the shitter before Harbaugh brought them up to the top tier, and it appears they are headed back down that direction now.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is not only they fired Harbaugh, but the entire interviewing process for the new head coach was a complete sham. In the end, the 49ers are now coached by an unqualified candidate whose resume is so underwhelming whereby Trent Baalke couldn't even put a coaching staff together because no one who was in demand that was any good wanted to work for such a head coach. The end result was almost overnight the 49ers' coaching staff went from one of the best in the business to basically the pits.

Now imagine if you were a player and you had to face being coached by such a staff? No, thank you.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey they promoted Geep Chryst to OC. He did such a kick ass job as QB coach with Kaep, he was a shoe in for this job.:crazy:

Psycho

Deranged Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Santa Clara is in Southern CA?
No, it's in the Silicon Valley area of northern CA, I think he's being facetious because the team relocated miles away from where Candlestick was originally. Lots of city-dwelling Niner fans weren't happy when in reality, that's probably a better place to put a stadium for the fans because the fanbase spreads far beyond SF proper.

Psycho

Deranged Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I echo the sentiments of others in here about the 49ers. They had a good thing going and they blew it. Now the fans, who were finally getting a Super Bowl quality team to watch after a very long stretch of ineptitude, seem to be bracing for another Mike Nolan/Mike Singletary era. It's sad, because the Niners are one of the best franchises in the league historically.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From where I sit, and this is just totally my opinion. But the way the owner/gm handled Harbaugh was absolutely embarrassing. He is a fantastic coach and turned that team around from some very very dark years.

But just because he wouldn't play ball and be a yes man he was let go.

I mean look at his resume. 3 NFCCGs, 1 SB, one play away from winning the SB and one play away form a second SB appearance. And even his "bad year" was a .500 club.

I know JH was a weirdo, and im SURE he was hard to work with. But I bet you its a two way street. Balke and York are no spring rose either.

You're not allowed to point out that a team came within inches/seconds of winning it all. See all Patriots haters for reference.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's in the Silicon Valley area of northern CA, I think he's being facetious because the team relocated miles away from where Candlestick was originally. Lots of city-dwelling Niner fans weren't happy when in reality, that's probably a better place to put a stadium for the fans because the fanbase spreads far beyond SF proper.

Nah, wrong assumption. Santa Clara is in Southern California. Buy a map, spit in half, Santa Clara is south of the halfway point. If you are not from California, or cannot read a map, just ignore this - it is a Cali thing.....

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But hey they got a great stadium to drink wine in!

Yep and they can move down front in the second half when all the hipsters and yuppies drank too much wine and left.

It's not hard to figure out. As a player when a coach I loved got canned I didn't want to play for that team anymore. York messed up got in an argument with the coach. Fired said coach and players said hell no.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Veterans are not going to retire off a team they think has a shot at the Super Bowl. Young players aren't going to retire off a team they want to play for. Right now the 49ers are not a good team to play for and do not have a snowballs chance in hell of reaching the Super Bowl.. based on the feelings of guys who know.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick answer....

Window Shut.gif

for a long, long time.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, wrong assumption. Santa Clara is in Southern California. Buy a map, spit in half, Santa Clara is south of the halfway point. If you are not from California, or cannot read a map, just ignore this - it is a Cali thing.....

This is the stupidest shit I have ever read. By no measurable that people actually use is Silicon Valley or Santa Clara specifically even remotely close to being considered Southern California. I was born and raised in NoCal, 20 minutes from Santa Clara and now reside in Los Angeles. Santa Clara is NOT considered Southern California and you need to get your sanity re-calibrated, if possible.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the stupidest shit I have ever read. By no measurable that people actually use is Silicon Valley or Santa Clara specifically even remotely close to being considered Southern California. I was born and raised in NoCal, 20 minutes from Santa Clara and now reside in Los Angeles. Santa Clara is NOT considered Southern California and you need to get your sanity re-calibrated, if possible.

To me, SouthernCa begins as soon as I cross the Grapevine