• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

why does no one want to be a 49er?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same thing is happening in Oakland in even college Defensive Coordinators are turning down the job.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep doesn't entice many offensive coordinators. What would they do with him?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you want to be the OC in a division where you'd play the Legion of Boom, the Rams D, and the Cards D all twice a season?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From where I sit, and this is just totally my opinion. But the way the owner/gm handled Harbaugh was absolutely embarrassing. He is a fantastic coach and turned that team around from some very very dark years.

But just because he wouldn't play ball and be a yes man he was let go.

I mean look at his resume. 3 NFCCGs, 1 SB, one play away from winning the SB and one play away form a second SB appearance. And even his "bad year" was a .500 club.

I know JH was a weirdo, and im SURE he was hard to work with. But I bet you its a two way street. Balke and York are no spring rose either.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From where I sit, and this is just totally my opinion. But the way the owner/gm handled Harbaugh was absolutely embarrassing. He is a fantastic coach and turned that team around from some very very dark years.

I mean look at his resume. 3 NFCCGs, 1 SB, one play away from winning the SB and one play away form a second SB appearance. And even his "bad year" was a .500 club.

I know JH was a weirdo, and im SURE he was hard to work with. But I bet you its a two way street. Balke and York are no spring rose either.

Thread

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh... they probably just didn't find who they were looking for yet. I don't care if it's the Cleveland Browns, if they asked me to be OC the only thing you'd see from me is a cloud of dust left behind from me running over there so fast. Some of these holdouts may end up in the unemployment line.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh... they probably just didn't find who they were looking for yet. I don't care if it's the Cleveland Browns, if they asked me to be OC the only thing you'd see from me is a cloud of dust left behind from me running over there so fast. Some of these holdouts may end up in the unemployment line.

I think there still has to be some thought put into it though. If you know you are going to a bad situation then taking the job could hurt you in the long run. For many of these young guys especially they have ideas of being in the league not just for the next couple of years but for the next 30 years. Taking a job where it is a no win situation where there is a good chance the team will fail will not look good on the resume. Especially when you consider the team had a ton of success before you got there so then if the team goes down hill you as the coaches are considered a big part of the reason since the players have already shown they can play at a Super Bowl competing level.

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there still has to be some thought put into it though. If you know you are going to a bad situation then taking the job could hurt you in the long run. For many of these young guys especially they have ideas of being in the league not just for the next couple of years but for the next 30 years. Taking a job where it is a no win situation where there is a good chance the team will fail will not look good on the resume. Especially when you consider the team had a ton of success before you got there so then if the team goes down hill you as the coaches are considered a big part of the reason since the players have already shown they can play at a Super Bowl competing level.

I look at it like this... if you can't take the current roster and do something with it, then you weren't cut out for the job in the first place. What surprised me was that they were willing to part ways with their DC. I don't have a dog in that fight but that was a real head scratcher for me. You would think the OC would have been easier to replace.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nailed it. Same reason they ended up w the HC they got.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In every Niner there is a 12th man waiting to come out.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at it like this... if you can't take the current roster and do something with it, then you weren't cut out for the job in the first place. What surprised me was that they were willing to part ways with their DC. I don't have a dog in that fight but that was a real head scratcher for me. You would think the OC would have been easier to replace.

I understand that to a point but the whole situation just seems like it is in chaos making it that much harder to accomplish what you need to as a team. They had Adam Gase turn them down to be head coach and then he couldn't hardly find a team that wanted him to be OC so that should show just how unwanted any of the jobs in San Fran are right now. I think they can still be a good team because they definitely has some big time players but it does seem like the rest of the league at least coaches wise look at the organization and do not like where they are going. Do you really want to join a sinking ship?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore is old. Vernon Davis is old. Iuapti might walk. Receiving core getting older by the day.

Lots of depth to develop but lots of unknowns. Plus wrong division and wrong ownership

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that to a point but the whole situation just seems like it is in chaos making it that much harder to accomplish what you need to as a team. They had Adam Gase turn them down to be head coach and then he couldn't hardly find a team that wanted him to be OC so that should show just how unwanted any of the jobs in San Fran are right now. I think they can still be a good team because they definitely has some big time players but it does seem like the rest of the league at least coaches wise look at the organization and do not like where they are going. Do you really want to join a sinking ship?

And that right there is the reason I am thinking about jumping ship with the 9ers. The only way I can protest my team and the crappy owner and FO is by changing teams, the protest through financial means did nothing during the dark years so maybe a change of teams or no teams will spread the word.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In every Niner there is a 12th man waiting to come out.
Gay joke?

Also, I meant to say receiving corps not receiving core. The old Niners crew is getting old and the Kaepernick crew isn't something most OCs are going to stick their neck out for. Then again, the Rams probably have to bribe people just to get an interview for OC positions.

saspursfan

Trolling Is Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible, rj. A real fan sticks it out through thick and thin. And a good coach (or OC) doesn't just hop on the gravy train when the getting's good. Look at Bruce Arians. Made something out of nothing. And he works for possibly the worst owner in the NFL.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a good coach (or OC) doesn't just hop on the gravy train when the getting's good. Look at Bruce Arians. Made something out of nothing. And he works for possibly the worst owner in the NFL.
Look at Bill Bellichick. Next in line to be the head coach of the Jets, told them to shove it and went to the Patriots.

Look at Pete Carroll. Won tons of games at USC and then jumped ship when investigations started happening.

Good coaches know when to avoid sinking ships.