• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

why does no one want to be a 49er?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From where I sit, and this is just totally my opinion. But the way the owner/gm handled Harbaugh was absolutely embarrassing. He is a fantastic coach and turned that team around from some very very dark years.

But just because he wouldn't play ball and be a yes man he was let go.

I mean look at his resume. 3 NFCCGs, 1 SB, one play away from winning the SB and one play away form a second SB appearance. And even his "bad year" was a .500 club.

I know JH was a weirdo, and im SURE he was hard to work with. But I bet you its a two way street. Balke and York are no spring rose either.

And his starting QB lost his job due to injury, and Harbaugh's handpicked backup failed on the biggest drive of the playoffs.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The GM wants a yes man and the owner is a known cheapskate who takes it to psycho levels.

They also didn't do themselves any favors by blaming Harbuagh for all the off field behavior of all the thugs Baalke brings in. That's going to turn off most legit coaches from wanting to join into that besides paycheck collectors.

9er fans better get ready for the downfall. It's statrting.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that right there is the reason I am thinking about jumping ship with the 9ers. The only way I can protest my team and the crappy owner and FO is by changing teams, the protest through financial means did nothing during the dark years so maybe a change of teams or no teams will spread the word.

Believe me Bronco fans were there a few years ago. We had Josh McDaniels as our HC who got caught cheating and we were one of the most talentless teams in the league. We had long time season ticket holders actually protest by refusing to go to the game while also refusing to sell their tickets making the stands pretty darn bare. We still have an amazing streak of sold out games going on but we did not have the stands completely filled during that time as the fans sent a very clear message to our owner that we will not stand for the crap that they put together and were doing to our beloved Broncos. The next season John Elway came into the picture and thankfully saved the franchise.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same thing is happening in Oakland in even college Defensive Coordinators are turning down the job.

Damn cd why you got to throw the Raiders under the bus?

JDR was a DC, probably going to be a particular fit we are looking for, on the other hand the 9ers parted ways w a winning HC in a very offhand way, I think there is something to the dysfunction in the 9er FO that us over in the East Bay are not suffering through right now.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gore is old. Vernon Davis is old. Iuapti might walk. Receiving core getting older by the day.

Lots of depth to develop but lots of unknowns. Plus wrong division and wrong ownership

Now that the 49ers are playing in Southern California, could they put them in the NFC South?

7 wins and they make the playoffs.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn cd why you got to throw the Raiders under the bus?

JDR was a DC, probably going to be a particular fit we are looking for, on the other hand the 9ers parted ways w a winning HC in a very offhand way, I think there is something to the dysfunction in the 9er FO that us over in the East Bay are not suffering through right now.

Sorry for throwing the Raiders under on that one. Read an article earlier in the week that it sounds like JDR this time around wants to essentially run the defense. It sounds like potential DC's are getting scared off because they know they are not really in control and it sounds like JDR wants to pick his own staff instead of letting the DC do that which is what usually happens.

Here you go if you want to read it. There are other writers saying very similar things...

Todd Grantham's decision a bad sign for Raiders - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy to think that the Niners basically had a 3 year run where they could have had 3 championships if 4 or 5 plays happen differently and instead they have 0 in that span, their main rival has a shot at getting 2 in that span, and their coach that got them there is coaching college football. Absolutely nuts.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy to think that the Niners basically had a 3 year run where they could have had 3 championships if 4 or 5 plays happen differently and instead they have 0 in that span, their main rival has a shot at getting 2 in that span, and their coach that got them there is coaching college football. Absolutely nuts.

This is what is so fun about the NFL. A few plays here or there truly change the entire outcome of a season. I mean honestly we should be looking at a Green Bay possibly Baltimore Super Bowl right now. Unfortunately for those two teams some bounces did not go their way to close out games that most likely were in the 90th percentile that they would win the game. Heck I would say the Green Bay game was probably in the 98-99% area that they would win that game. Instead we are now where Seattle and New England have a chance of adding to their trophy case.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what is so fun about the NFL. A few plays here or there truly change the entire outcome of a season. I mean honestly we should be looking at a Green Bay possibly Baltimore Super Bowl right now. Unfortunately for those two teams some bounces did not go their way to close out games that most likely were in the 90th percentile that they would win the game. Heck I would say the Green Bay game was probably in the 98-99% area that they would win that game. Instead we are now where Seattle and New England have a chance of adding to their trophy case.

A funny thing happened on the way to the Superbowl.

Hey, it's not a round ball,
The better teams scored more points and they are on to the Superbowl!

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a a potential hire I would probably pass on the job as well. Expectations are unrealistically high in SF right now. People want the team to compete for another run at the Superbowl next year and right now it looks like the niners will be in the cellar of the division. If the OC does manage to turn things around he would have done an amazing job and people will just assume he did his job. If he only does an ok job and wins around 8 games, then he is a goat. Why go through that?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was a a potential hire I would probably pass on the job as well. Expectations are unrealistically high in SF right now. People want the team to compete for another run at the Superbowl next year and right now it looks like the niners will be in the cellar of the division. If the OC does manage to turn things around he would have done an amazing job and people will just assume he did his job. If he only does an ok job and wins around 8 games, then he is a goat. Why go through that?

:agree: The 49ers have high expectations, but look prime to fall off the cliff. Best to not be involved in a disaster.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you really quit your current job to go be a coordinator for a team with York owning it and work directly for a HC with no HC or even coordinator experience that looks like the world most well known po rn actor?

Yeah, that's a long line of people waiting to hit that.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, because it's the 49ers, duhh!!

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawk fans only have to recall the Ken Bearing years to understand what is happening to the Niner's. Bad ownership is just a death sentence for a franchise. I feel for Niner fans as we went through a similar nightmare.
Maybe the owners will sell when the shit gets heavy or they higher some people with football smarts and take the football playset away from the kid.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: The 49ers have high expectations, but look prime to fall off the cliff. Best to not be involved in a disaster.

A lot of teams could say this, albeit most don't fare well. However, I'm not a huge believer in the owner of an NFL team getting his hands too dirty with everyday operations. York doesn't have the foggiest idea WTF he's got himself(and all of the fans) into. He has NO idea what to expect, but MOST Niner fans know what what's coming, a s**t storm!

Baalke isn't exactly blameless, but I'd put WAAAAAY more of the finger pointing on the owner on this one.

In the beginning I was hopeful and not entirely pissed that Harbaugh was gone. Even when Tomsula was hired, I thought, with the right OC, we could still be ok. Then the dominoes began to fall, and fall, and fall.........:gaah:

I won't abandon the Niners, but there isn't a lot to be hopeful for right now!