• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why does Alabama...

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have the only recognized National Title in Football for those who won a National Title in Div1A(or whatever it is called now and whatever it was recognized as before)?

I asked this in another thread but dont think I will get an Answer...

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/champs_records_book/Overall.pdf

Click on that and go down a bit to the Total Team Championships, Then go look at Alabama.

They have One Recognized National Title in Football. How? Why?

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because MNC's prior to the playoff era aren't recognized by the NCAA.

They have one as do Clemson and Ohio State. Everyone else is starting from scratch

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because MNC's prior to the playoff era aren't recognized by the NCAA.

They have one as do Clemson and Ohio State. Everyone else is starting from scratch
Except the NCAA does not Recognize Ohio States National Title and that was Won Before Alabamas correct? (I am not really sure, I seem to think Ohio State was the First).

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except the NCAA does not Recognize Ohio States National Title and that was Won Before Alabamas correct? (I am not really sure, I seem to think Ohio State was the First).

Ohio State didn't deserve to make the playoff after losing to a shitty Virginia tech team that year so the NCAA told them to pound sand.

Seriously I have no idea. Maybe they need to update their website or something like that

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State didn't deserve to make the playoff after losing to a shitty Virginia tech team that year so the NCAA told them to pound sand.

Seriously I have no idea. Maybe they need to update their website or something like that
That is what I thought, but Ohio State won first. So it would make sense the First Recognized Title would be updated Before the 2nd Recognized Title.

Though I guess I am leaning more towards Mistake...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has to be it.
It could very well be a mistake while typing. They do have a zero next to Ohio State rather than an - like everyone else. While the number 1 may not be next to the 0 on a standard keyboard.The 0 is right below the 1 on a number pad to the right on some keyboards. I'm going to say the best guess is it's human error.That went unnoticed aside from you picking up on it.Clemson may have just not been added yet.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could very well be a mistake while typing. They do have a zero next to Ohio State rather than an - like everyone else. While the number 1 may not be next to the 0 on a standard keyboard.The 0 is right below the 1 on a number pad to the right on some keyboards. I'm going to say the best guess is it's human error.That went unnoticed aside from you picking up on it.Clemson may have just not been added yet.
Maybe, and I think it is somehow a Mistake. But the Total for Ohio State is also off. If they added up the numbers in each column would they not see the 0 instead of the 1 or -?

I think they would have had the Total Championships correct and then delegate from there. For Instance, Ohio State has 30 NCs, then How many for Basketball, Baseball, etc...

It seems, if it is a mistake, they had to Individually assign each sport a NC for the School, and then add up all the numbers. If they did this they not only made the Original Mistake, but also failed to Notice it when adding the Numbers.

And there seems to be NO other mistakes any where else. Making two mistakes for one school, and none for the other 100 or so schools is kind of strange.

Again, I think it is a mistake now, but something is not right to me.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, and I think it is somehow a Mistake. But the Total for Ohio State is also off. If they added up the numbers in each column would they not see the 0 instead of the 1 or -?

I think they would have had the Total Championships correct and then delegate from there. For Instance, Ohio State has 30 NCs, then How many for Basketball, Baseball, etc...

It seems, if it is a mistake, they had to Individually assign each sport a NC for the School, and then add up all the numbers. If they did this they not only made the Original Mistake, but also failed to Notice it when adding the Numbers.

And there seems to be NO other mistakes any where else. Making two mistakes for one school, and none for the other 100 or so schools is kind of strange.

Again, I think it is a mistake now, but something is not right to me.
Perhaps the person who typed it is an Alabama fan. Ohio State did beat them in the first play off :think: Then again you know the NCAA

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do find it Funny that Ohio State finally beat a SEC school in a Bowl and the NCAA wont even recognize it.......

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, they would take away another they dont even recognize, and then say USC SHOULD have known better...
The NCAA is getting nailed with the Mcnair case tho. Something they really should have covered on the 30 for 30

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NCAA is getting nailed with the Mcnair case tho. Something they really should have covered on the 30 for 30
No one cares any more. They are more satisfied that USC was Punished for bogus reasons than a Corrupt Jealous Miami AD played the NCAA like a Pimp plays Hoes...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one cares any more. They are more satisfied that USC was Punished for bogus reasons than a Corrupt Jealous Miami AD played the NCAA like a Pimp plays Hoes...
I'm always surprised with how little people actually know about what happened. And how many people are so far out of the loop with the Mcnair case.It was a massive fuck up by the NCAA

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always surprised with how little people actually know about what happened. And how many people are so far out of the loop with the Mcnair case.It was a massive fuck up by the NCAA
I will always be more Pissed at Pat Haden saying Move On more than what others have done. That was just wrong, especially considering USC Fight Song and Motto...