• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why Do You Follow The NBA?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquee teams like the Warriors, Cavs, Spurs, and Clips are good for the league

Every decade there has always been dominant teams.

Lakers/Celtics in the 70-80s
Bulls in the 90s
Lakers/Spurs in the 00s
Heat/Warriors/Wherever Lebron goes in the 2010s

I actually think the NBA is the most exciting it's been in a while.

1) We have great young players
- Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving, Karl Anthony-Towns, Damian Lillard, Giannis Antekopounko, Andrew Wiggins, Demar Derozan, Jimmy Butler, Kemba Walker, Isaiah Thomas
- For NBA purist who don't have a championship team to follow, it's great to watch these young guys light it up night to night

2) We have dominant superstars putting up insane stats
- Lebron James, Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard
- Feels like every other night there's someone posting a triple double or dropping 40

3) Great rivalry between two championship caliber teams
- Warriors vs Cavs have been on par with Heat-Spurs and historically could be this generation's Lakers-Celtics. Lebron = Magic, KD = Bird? KD needs to win first to earn Bird's status, but in terms of play style they are very similar.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple answer: I love basketball.

If I watched every Warrior game when they were annually an 18-25 win team, you can bet your ass I'm watching them now.

The evolution of the game is really what's most exciting to me. It shows that there has never been a right or wrong way to win, only the evolution of skill. Before it was about having dominant big men who score in the paint. Then it transitioned to dominant scoring guards. Now it's ball movement and spacing.

Basketball is one of those sports where players will determine how the game is played. How they are developed and their skill sets will take the NBA in the next direction. Maybe the NBA transitions back to an inside out game with the return of a few dominant centers? Maybe the stretch-4 becomes negated with more hybrid/bigger wing players and those guys being able to guard them. Who knows.

It's why you can't compare previous generations to this one. Their games were catered towards their time. As are these players of today. There are only a handful of players in NBA history who's games would translate across generations. Bill Russell was 6'10' 230 lbs at his peak and was a dominant center. By comparison Kevin Durant is 6'11" (generous) and 240lbs. Bill Russell wouldn't be nearly the player he was by today's standards.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marquee teams like the Warriors, Cavs, Spurs, and Clips are good for the league

Every decade there has always been dominant teams.

Lakers/Celtics in the 70-80s
Bulls in the 90s
Lakers/Spurs in the 00s
Heat/Warriors/Wherever Lebron goes in the 2010s

I actually think the NBA is the most exciting it's been in a while.

1) We have great young players
- Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving, Karl Anthony-Towns, Damian Lillard, Giannis Antekopounko, Andrew Wiggins, Demar Derozan, Jimmy Butler, Kemba Walker, Isaiah Thomas
- For NBA purist who don't have a championship team to follow, it's great to watch these young guys light it up night to night

2) We have dominant superstars putting up insane stats
- Lebron James, Steph Curry, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard
- Feels like every other night there's someone posting a triple double or dropping 40

3) Great rivalry between two championship caliber teams
- Warriors vs Cavs have been on par with Heat-Spurs and historically could be this generation's Lakers-Celtics. Lebron = Magic, KD = Bird? KD needs to win first to earn Bird's status, but in terms of play style they are very similar.
we have never had 2 teams play eachother in 3 straight Finals.....we might just get that this year barring injuries.....

pretty exciting that the conensus 2 best players in the league (plus a handful of other high level all stars)- playing eachother to see who wins 2 out of 3?

as a basketball fan how can you just absolutely not love that? Its the type of rivarly the league office DREAMS about.