• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why all the talk of 2 SEC teams in the playoff but none on 2 Big 10 teams?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounded better in your head.
You might still have time to hit that yellow pencil in the bottom left.
I’ve been down on this Bama team. But we would easily beat Penn State.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Alabama played Penn States schedule what’s Alabama’s record right now? What about Ohio States? Who has Ohio State played before yesterday?
Alabama is likely unbeaten versus both schedules as would PSU and OSU be versus Bamas. Not really the point though. No one ch us saying any of those teams stink . The fact remains Penn St and Ohio St both have at least 2 wins vs teams who will be ranked next week in the CFP poll. Bama has none. You gave no argument on a resume front so you're left arguing eye test, eye test vs average to bad teams.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More chaos will ensue, even in the SEC. Two weeks from now things may firm up. The SEC East is likely decided this weekend and the West probably next weekend. Aubrun may play a role in the Iron Bowl but, I doubt it.

Either way, plenty of football to go and opportunities for teams to shit the bed.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Just stating facts. Kinda strange that they would rank them so high though. Nothing to justify that.

Are the other teams that also beat the tomato cans Bama beat given as much love?

I think not....
LSU and Alabama have six common opponents + LSU played Northwestern State (FCS), Georgia Southern (Sun Belt) and Utah State (MWC) OOC, so that means LSU has or will play 9 tomato cans this year. Man, I wish I had a grilled cheese! :D

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only possible if PSU beats Ohio State. Alabama and LSU would beat PSU by 30
And Bama would beat ULM in 2007 by 30, or Bama would beat Louisiana Tech by 30 in 93. Saying it would happen does not make it so. Bama has proved that just like the Buckeyes did vs Iowa and Purdue.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU and Alabama have six common opponents + LSU played Northwestern State (FCS), Georgia Southern (Sun Belt) and Utah State (MWC) OOC, so that means LSU has or will play 9 tomato cans this year. Man, I wish I had a grilled cheese! :D

LSU played 3 top 10 teams so far and have the number one ranked team next.

Name another team that has done the same....

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounded better in your head.
You might still have time to hit that yellow pencil in the bottom left.
The homer is strong with this one. I’m surprised he didn’t say they’d beat Ohio State 74 to -14

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't "math" too good.....

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't "math" too good.....
You are right! 5 Common opponents. lol. The 6th is Alabama playing Super Tough LSU and LSU playing Tomato Can Alabama. I do stand corrected! :D

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The homer is strong with this one. I’m surprised he didn’t say they’d beat Ohio State 74 to -14
Eh...we would beat Ohio State.....45-17 like.

Just kidding. I don’t think we would beat Ohio State. We would easily beat Penn State.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best case to get two in would be for PSU to beat OSU and Bama to beat LSU. OSU has the Cincy win ooc and LSU has the Texas win(not great but should be +.500, maybe even finish ranked) as well as Utah State and Georgia Southern who could be +.500 wins.

LSU would be 11-1 with wins over Auburn(ranked), Florida(ranked), Texas(maybe ranked), A&M(maybe ranked).

OSU would have wins over Cincy(ranked), Wisconsin(ranked), Michigan(ranked), Indiana(maybe ranked).

This is of course assuming Minnesota and Ohio State aren't undefeated in the B1G CG. Then an OSU loss there you'd have 13-0 and 12-1 OSU who I would think both get in.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU played 3 top 10 teams so far and have the number one ranked team next.

Name another team that has done the same....
Texas was a pretender top 10 team. Just stop with that. 3 losses and counting. Alabama would probably beat Texas, and LSU would probably beat Duke.

Point is if you want to give Alabama grief about playing tomato cans, 5/12 Regular Seasons games are the same for both teams + LSU played 3 tomato cans OOC that Alabama would crush too.

Alabama plays @ Auburn late in the year, so no difference in that beyond LSU has already played Auburn and Alabama plays them later.

So, the difference in the schedule is that LSU played Florida (better than Tennessee) and @ Vanderbilt (worse than South Carolina), and Alabama played Tennessee and @ South Carolina along with playing each other.

If LSU is better than Alabama, they will show it on Nov. 9th. I think LSU is, I just get tired of all of the tomato can talk when LSU's schedule is not that much different. Cannot control who a team plays early and a team play late in conference play.

FWIW, I have LSU ranked #2 and Alabama ranked #4. If LSU doesn't beat the Tide, they are going have some explaining to do...AGAIN!

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas was a pretender top 10 team. Just stop with that. 3 losses and counting. Alabama would probably beat Texas, and LSU would probably beat Duke.

Point is if you want to give Alabama grief about playing tomato cans, 5/12 Regular Seasons games are the same for both teams + LSU played 3 tomato cans OOC that Alabama would crush too.

Alabama plays @ Auburn late in the year, so no difference in that beyond LSU has already played Auburn and Alabama plays them later.

So, the difference in the schedule is that LSU played Florida (better than Tennessee) and @ Vanderbilt (worse than South Carolina), and Alabama played Tennessee and @ South Carolina along with playing each other.

If LSU is better than Alabama, they will show it on Nov. 9th. I think LSU is, I just get tired of all of the tomato can talk when LSU's schedule is not that much different. Cannot control who a team plays early and a team play late in conference play.

FWIW, I have LSU ranked #2 and Alabama ranked #4. If LSU doesn't beat the Tide, they are going have some explaining to do...AGAIN!
Yeah I don’t understand all the crying about Alabama’s schedule. It will all play out and if we are a fraud someone will beat us.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the CFP rankings come out it is entirely likely there will be 2 B10 and 2 SEC teams in the top 4. OSU and PSU noth have better current resumes than Bama with LSU having the best resume .

Assuming Clemson wins out we could see a league get 2 bids especially if Oregon and OU lose again. Why would the SEC be the league to get 2 especially if LSU beats Bama? Or are most people assuming Bama wins that game?
I think its because Iowa.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don’t understand all the crying about Alabama’s schedule. It will all play out and if we are a fraud someone will beat us.

How about you read the title of the thread and comprehend it. OP is asking why the B10 isn’t getting talked about as having two teams in the playoff. Especially considering the resume by both these B10 teams RIGHT NOW is better than the resume of Alabama.

Churchillin

Hoopla Cash
$ 216.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In your desire to best your chest, you’re missing the point. Yes, someone will beat you, expose you as a fraud, and you’ll still get in the playoffs. Then 44-16.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your desire to best your chest, you’re missing the point. Yes, someone will beat you, expose you as a fraud, and you’ll still get in the playoffs. Then 44-16.
Or, they will go undefeated and beat some team 38-0 (B1G Champion Michigan State in 2015-6), 45-40 (ACC Champion Clemson in 2015-6), 24-7 (Pac-12 Champion Washington in 2016-7), 24-6 (ACC Champion Clemson in 2017-8), 26-23 (S.E.C. Champion Georgia in 2017-8) or 45-34 (Big Xii Champion Oklahoma in 2018-9). So, the 5th year seniors on this Alabama team have CFB Playoff victories over a Conference Champion from ALL 5 P5 Conferences during their tenure. But, there is that one bad night in Santa Clara, California that makes them an over-rated fraud and defines them. lol. If they finish out by beating LSU, @ Auburn and @ SEC East Champion, they might be pretty good! If not, they will not make the Playoff this year.