• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whose the new#1?????

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explained what? How the polling works? No. you didn't. Not even a little bit. In fact, this entire thread has been a testament to your complete ant total lack of understanding regarding the AP and coach's polls.

You also haven't explained anything regarding the SU mascot either. you explained that the mascot used to be the Orangemen. That doesn't at all explain anything about SU's current mascot, Otto The Orange.

Are you denying that Otto the Orange is SU's mascot, or are you just trying to suggest that Otto The Orange isn't an orange? Becasue I've shown proof that he is both SU's mascot and he's a delicious citrus fruit.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 Nova....why the hell not?

It'll be #1 Zona...for now. #2 Cuse.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just saying while they are #5. theres a lot more too it than that

Yeah.. and the "lot more to it" is that they would be ranked higher if Boeheim would rank them higher, but won't rank them higher, but somehow that is an advantage to SU.

I read what you wrote, and that's the inevitable conclusion to draw from what you've said. (that and you clearly don't have a very clear understanding of cause and effect)

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Top 5 will look something like this...

#1 Arizona
#2 Syracuse
#3 Ohio State
#4 Louisville
#5 Wisconsin

Honestly, I think it should be like this...

#1 Syracuse
#2 Arizona
#3 Ohio State
#4 Wisconsin
#5 Michigan State

*not trying to Big Ten homerism* :-/

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#1 Arizona
#2 Syracuse
#3 Ohio State
#4 Louisville
#5 Wisconsin

#1 Syracuse
#2 Arizona
#3 Ohio State
#4 Wisconsin
#5 Michigan State

LOL 3 b10 teams in the top 5 is an interesting concept

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.. and the "lot more to it" is that they would be ranked higher if Boeheim would rank them higher, but won't rank them higher, but somehow that is an advantage to SU.

I read what you wrote, and that's the inevitable conclusion to draw from what you've said. (that and you clearly don't have a very clear understanding of cause and effect)

or the part about how they are behind by a single vote

so like i said.....

you are only here to troll

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From suathletics

In the early 1980's it was time again to look for a new sports mascot. Several candidates were taken under consideration, including a penguin with an orange scarf, an orangutan, the Abominable Orangeman, the Orangeman, Egnaro the Troll and an Orange. In the end, it was a warm, fuzzy and lovable Orange (known by several names through the years) that won the day. Despite recent attempts to give him a facelift, Otto has remained the same and is here to stay.

But what would Syracuse know about their own mascot, right?

RealClearSports - Top 10 Weirdest Mascots - 2. Otto the Orange

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#1 Arizona
#2 Syracuse
#3 Ohio State
#4 Louisville
#5 Wisconsin

#1 Syracuse
#2 Arizona
#3 Ohio State
#4 Wisconsin
#5 Michigan State

and this is exactly my point. when it comes down to it syracuse is looking a lot stronger than arizona and its come at a very critical time when SU is looking the strongest that it has ever been in the season while Zona has been overlooked this week

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From suathletics

But what would Syracuse know about their own mascot, right?

RealClearSports - Top 10 Weirdest Mascots - 2. Otto the Orange

RATING:

Originality- (1.5) Pink would have been more original, but SU did make sure it followed up one unique color scheme with another (other schools had already chosen orange and something, but nobody had taken JUST orange). Then naming yourself after that color instead of screwing around with mascot-to-color-combos…simple, but somewhat original.
Presentation- (1) The version preceding the current Otto is better because the legs match logo Otto’s stumps. The growth spurt just looks weird. But, overall, the orange looks like an orange. Congratulations…
Authenticity- (0) I realize Otto is based on the color and not the fruit, but besides sunset there is nothing particularly orange about Upstate New York.
Intimidation Factor- (0) Besides choking on his seeds or squirting juice into his opponent’s eye, Otto only strikes fear into the extremely fragile hearts of Chrysophobics. Talk about people who could use a drill sargeant for a therapist…
Political Incorrectness- (0) The Orangemen lost all credibility when they went gender neutral. Had they at least attempted to modify the Saltine Warrior to meet the protestor’s grievances they could have salvaged some respect. The American Indian students said it was the mascot’s wild mannerisms that were offensive, not that he was portraying their ancestors. A toned down Onondagan Chief should have been attempted by a school which dominates in lacrosse, the modern version of baggattaway, popularized by the Iroquois Nation native to the university’s land.

see.....i can post shit from other websites too......

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or the part about how they are behind by a single vote
...and 76 points behind AZ. Seventy Six. I wonder if Boeheim can magic up 76 points to pull in front of Arizona.

Not.

Going.

To.

Happen.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see.....i can post shit from other websites too......

Well, not properly, you can't.

Since you could have just made that up yourself. (wouldn't put it past you... that's what you've been doing all along anyway)

But even if you didn't just make that up, are you suggesting that your mystery site knows more about Syracuse's Mascot than Syracuse does? I quoted from Syracuse's own website. i'm pretty confident with my sources.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and 76 points behind AZ. Seventy Six. I wonder if Boeheim can magic up 76 points to pull in front of Arizona.

Not.

Going.

To.

Happen.

as usual your reading comprehension sucks

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as usual your reading comprehension sucks

So did you bring that up to prove that Syracuse did have a chance to get to #1 this week?

Did you bring it up to prove that Syracuse didn't have a chance to get to #1 this week?

Did you bring it up because it has fuckall to do with the discussion and you thought it would make a good distraction from your other idiocy?

Or did you just get caught up arguing semantics on how "fifthy" SU's fifth spot really was, not realizing that it had fuckall to do with whether or not SU could leapfrog both OSU and AZ (something they would have to do in order to get to #1) just thinking if you could make a good case for one, that everybody would forget about the 2nd?

My vote is for the latter.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point you are arguing over nothing.....

yes it looks like an orange (the fruit) however the term developed over the color first. im sure the fruit-color connection was inevitable however only a total idiot thinks we are named after a fruit.

LOL your quote is about otto not the term orange. ==> big difference (like ralphie vs chip for colorado)

its a lot like the alabama crimson tide vs big al thing

at the end of the day when you go to the carrier dome you wont see a single picture of a fruit because the university has never branded their mascot in that way.

as for your SU link? where does it say fruit? all it says is "orange" which as the university brands it, not a fruit. if it was intended to be a fruit it would be a lot more obvious

and the only reason why we are having this trolling argument is because pathetic zona fans cant win an argument and have to go to this sorta shit

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did you bring that up to prove that Syracuse did have a chance to get to #1 this week?

Did you bring it up to prove that Syracuse didn't have a chance to get to #1 this week?

Did you bring it up because it has fuckall to do with the discussion and you thought it would make a good distraction from your other idiocy?

Or did you just get caught up arguing semantics on how "fifthy" SU's fifth spot really was, not realizing that it had fuckall to do with whether or not SU could leapfrog both OSU and AZ (something they would have to do in order to get to #1) just thinking if you could make a good case for one, that everybody would forget about the 2nd?

My vote is for the latter.

you guys were ragging on cuse in the polls about them being only fifth in the coaches. i just told you the back story on that. when did i ever use it to say they will jump AZ in the coaches or that the coaches will have an effect on the AP?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys were ragging on cuse in the polls about them being only fifth in the coaches. i just told you the back story on that. when did i ever use it to say they will jump AZ in the coaches or that the coaches will have an effect on the AP?

So are you saying they will be ranked #1 in the coaches poll or not? If you aren't then why do you keep bringing up the coaches poll? If you are, then explain how the fuck they are going to do it, because saying that SU is really close to USU doesn't prove dick.

So which is it?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying they will be ranked #1 in the coaches poll or not? If you aren't then why do you keep bringing up the coaches poll? If you are, then explain how the fuck they are going to do it, because saying that SU is really close to USU doesn't prove dick.

So which is it?

you still are too stupid to understand.........

:lame:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at this point you are arguing over nothing.....

yes it looks like an orange (the fruit) however the term developed over the color first. im sure the fruit-color connection was inevitable however only a total idiot thinks we are named after a fruit.

LOL your quote is about otto not the term orange. ==> big difference (like ralphie vs chip for colorado)

its a lot like the alabama crimson tide vs big al thing

at the end of the day when you go to the carrier dome you wont see a single picture of a fruit because the university has never branded their mascot in that way.

as for your SU link? where does it say fruit? all it says is "orange" which as the university brands it, not a fruit. if it was intended to be a fruit it would be a lot more obvious

and the only reason why we are having this trolling argument is because pathetic zona fans cant win an argument and have to go to this sorta shit

Actually you're arguing over nothing. A picture of an orange was posted and you got your panties in a bunch over it. Then a bad case of the redass, when I schooled you on your own damn mascot.

Nobody said shit about the origin of the name, or what they used to be called. You said that SU's mascot isn't an orange. That's false. Syracuse's mascot is an orange according to Syracuse's own website.

Multiple times they refer to it as a(n) orange. As in a the fruit. To my knowledge there is no other thing that would require the use of the articles "a" and "an" except the fruit. A color isn't an object, it is a concept, an would use a singular article. It would simple be "Orange" not "An Orange"

See if you follow me here... I'll use small words so you have a good chance to understand... "An Orange" is a fruit. Otto The Orange is an Orange. So Otto the Orange is a fruit.

Didn't start off that way, but that's what you have now. An orange for a mascot. You can deny it all you want, but Syracuse say's he's an orange, so I'm going to believe them over you. (not because I think the Syracuse website is infallible, mostly because you've proven yourself to be an idiot)

but by all means, please keep bitching and moaning like a little girl about other people's reading comprehension while you keep missing the points I've been making. Nice work.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you still are too stupid to understand.........

:lame:

I'm pretty certain at this point, you're just too stupid to explain it.

(that or you've had a moment of clarity, realized that you've painted yourself into a corner that you can't escape from, and instead of just admitting that you're wrong, and that SU has no chance of being number one, you're playing the "your name has troll in it" cop-out card.)

But the latter would require a level of self awareness on your part that I just don't think you're capable of, so I'm going to go with too stupid to explain it.