• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whose the new#1?????

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you're arguing over nothing. A picture of an orange was posted and you got your panties in a bunch over it. Then a bad case of the redass, when I schooled you on your own damn mascot.

Nobody said shit about the origin of the name, or what they used to be called. You said that SU's mascot isn't an orange. That's false. Syracuse's mascot is an orange according to Syracuse's own website.

Multiple times they refer to it as a(n) orange. As in a the fruit. To my knowledge there is no other thing that would require the use of the articles "a" and "an" except the fruit. A color isn't an object, it is a concept, an would use a singular article. It would simple be "Orange" not "An Orange"

See if you follow me here... I'll use small words so you have a good chance to understand... "An Orange" is a fruit. Otto The Orange is an Orange. So Otto the Orange is a fruit.

Didn't start off that way, but that's what you have now. An orange for a mascot. You can deny it all you want, but Syracuse say's he's an orange, so I'm going to believe them over you. (not because I think the Syracuse website is infallible, mostly because you've proven yourself to be an idiot)

but by all means, please keep bitching and moaning like a little girl about other people's reading comprehension while you keep missing the points I've been making. Nice work.

LOL you are self proclaiming "schooling" ask anyone who has ever been associated with syracuse and not one of them will say that our mascot is a front. The closest you have is an inclusive comment of "orange" which is intended to mean a character not a fruit.

time & time again you prove your reading comprehension as terrible.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do realize our mascot is the color orange not the fruit right?

Arizona's mascot is a wildcat, generically speaking. Specifically, Arizona's mascots are Wilbur and Wilma the Wildcats.

Generically speaking Syracuse's mascot is the color orange. Specifically, Syracuse's mascot is Otto the Orange. So while you're right that their mascot is the color orange, you're wrong that their mascot isn't the fruit too, since Otto The Orange, is an orange.

I realize that's a nuanced argument and probably difficult for you to grasp, but what it boils down to is that just because you're right about one instance (the generic mascot) doesn't mean you're right overall.

Otto The Orange is an orange. Syracuse says so.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your trolled you are the best congrats Uofa.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you are self proclaiming "schooling" ask anyone who has ever been associated with syracuse and not one of them will say that our mascot is a front. The closest you have is an inclusive comment of "orange" which is intended to mean a character not a fruit.

time & time again you prove your reading comprehension as terrible.

Hey numbnuts... "The Orange" costume/character is a fruit. And there aren't any other SU fans here. Just you. And I'm curious... did you actually go to Syracuse? Did you graduate? Was it an honorary degree because you were injured in an on-campus accident resulting in permanent brain injury? I guess I'm just trying to figure out if you're representative of the typical SU grad, or if maybe you're trying to imply that your connection to that or any other school is academic, when in reality you're just some schmoe who thinks he knows everything about them because he decided to cheer for their basketball team a few years ago.

By 1984, the search for a proper successor to the Warrior had become both widely known and somewhat desperate. Sports Illustrated described a parade of potential replacements for the beloved and fearsome Saltine mascot: the Dome Ranger (an insurance agent in an orange cowboy outfit and blue mask), Dome Eddie (a gnat-like figure in Orange sweats with Elton John glasses and an incandescent wig), Beast from the East (an electric-green monster), and The Orange (a juiced-up, bumbling citrus fruit from which two legs protrude. It's known on campus as the official embarrassment.') Other ideas proposed at the time, presumably in jest: a home grown carrot or pumpkin, or a Pilgrim shot full of arrows.

The issue of an official mascot came to a head in February 1995 when Chancellor Shaw appointed an 18-member committee of students, faculty and staff to recommend a logo and mascot, primarily in support of the athletic program. In the Fall the Committee, which had narrowed the mascot possibilities to a wolf, lion or the unofficial Orange, recommended adopting a wolf as the University mascot. A successful campaign was organized by the students who act as the Orange, and in early December Chancellor Shaw named the Orange, popularly known as Otto, as the official Syracuse University mascot. Shaw stated that he was convinced that the majority opinion on and off campus favored the Orange, and that with the Orange the University retains a unique position in college athletics. (Daily Orange, Dec. 5, 1995)

The Orange has prevailed to this day, as SU fans know well. The warm and wooly interior of The Orange's costume is inhabited sequentially in any one year by from two to six students who audition for the honor of entertaining SU fans. Beloved especially by the under-six crowd, the friendly and cheerful Orange has performed well enough in recent years to lead the Orangemen to many successful seasons, and through national television to become a recognizable symbol of SU's sports prowess.

Syracuse University Athletics - Syracuse Mascot

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona's mascot is a wildcat, generically speaking. Specifically, Arizona's mascots are Wilbur and Wilma the Wildcats.

Generically speaking Syracuse's mascot is the color orange. Specifically, Syracuse's mascot is Otto the Orange. So while you're right that their mascot is the color orange, you're wrong that their mascot isn't the fruit too, since Otto The Orange, is an orange.

I realize that's a nuanced argument and probably difficult for you to grasp, but what it boils down to is that just because you're right about one instance (the generic mascot) doesn't mean you're right overall.

Otto The Orange is an orange. Syracuse says so.

the official SU definition of what otto is a "juiced up bumbling citrus"

lets do some reading comprehension here

Step 1
Juiced up

what does that mean, well urban dictionary say means drunk on alcohol ==> obviously not what they were going for so lets go with its other definitions which are elevated, overly, amped up, etc. ==> lets use overly

conclusion:
Otto is an overly bumbling citrus

Step 2
bumbling

what does this mean? well its: acting in a confused or ineffectual way; incompetent. lets use ineffective

lets use ineffective

conclusion: otto is an overly-ineffective citrus

step 3
overly-ineffective citrus.

so whats did the authors want this to mean? well the simple translation to this is an obvious failed attempt at being an orange.

and thats pretty much what the mascot is intended to be. something that can be related to an orange (fruit) but something that is NOT an orange (fruit)

I just had to do an SAT like breakdown for ya:doh:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just had to do an SAT like breakdown for ya:doh:

For future reference, yoo might want to avoid using the urban dictionary for your SAT breakdowns.

Still waiting to hear what your affiliation with SU is.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For future reference, yoo might want to avoid using the urban dictionary for your SAT breakdowns.

Still waiting to hear what your affiliation with SU is.

whats your school?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i like how you dont have a counter for what i posted earlier

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UC Santa Cruz. What's your affiliation with Syracuse? (and Michigan, and Colorado, and whatever other schools decided to cheer for?)

If you're just a bandwagon fan I won't hold that against them, but if any of those institutions actually admitted you, (or heaven forbid awarded you a degree) then I'm gonna have to rethink my opinion of their academics. (unless of course you've suffered some traumatic head injury or brain disease, in which case, I can't really hold that against them)

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i like how you dont have a counter for what i posted earlier

counter to what? That your silly argument that "The Orange" which we agree is in the citrus family is not an orange?

My bad. Here's my counter...

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Oh wait... you were serious about that?

Okay. You claimed that:
...which is false. That isn't an official definition, it's simply a description from an official source that's part of a larger anecdote.

He's officially defined as an orange.
He's described as a citrus.

Understand the difference?

I already linked to the official definition earlier where Otto was defined as an Orange. Remember? Back before you kept trying to change the subject to that the mascot was?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UC Santa Cruz. What's your affiliation with Syracuse? (and Michigan, and Colorado, and whatever other schools decided to cheer for?)

If you're just a bandwagon fan I won't hold that against them, but if any of those institutions actually admitted you, (or heaven forbid awarded you a degree) then I'm gonna have to rethink my opinion of their academics. (unless of course you've suffered some traumatic head injury or brain disease, in which case, I can't really hold that against them)

born & raised in syracuse. couple family members went there, a parent works there and the University is the reason my family ended up moving there.

michigan- i come from a michigan family (2 parents, 3 grand parents, countless aunts uncles etc.)

colorado-My brother & I are both students there

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
counter to what? That your silly argument that "The Orange" which we agree is in the citrus family is not an orange?

My bad. Here's my counter...

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Oh wait... you were serious about that?

Okay. You claimed that:

...which is false. That isn't an official definition, it's simply a description from an official source that's part of a larger anecdote.

He's officially defined as an orange.
He's described as a citrus.

Understand the difference?

I already linked to the official definition earlier where Otto was defined as an Orange. Remember? Back before you kept trying to change the subject to that the mascot was?

like i said you are nothing but a troll and totally wrong on this

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said you are nothing but a troll and totally wrong on this

If I'm wrong, so is Syracuse. They agree with me, whether you want to admit it or not.

Oh and just to be clear...

This guy
50246-so-youre-saying-theres-a-chanc-toCD.jpeg

has the same shot of a #1 ranking on Monday as Syracuse has.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm wrong, so is Syracuse. They agree with me, whether you want to admit it or not.

Oh and just to be clear...

This guy
50246-so-youre-saying-theres-a-chanc-toCD.jpeg

has the same shot of a #1 ranking on Monday as Syracuse has.

nah your reading comprehension just sucks

they refer to him as "an orange" but not as a fruit.

it its confusing to outsiders but any true syracuse fan would never make the connection.

the only people who bring this up are those looking to get a rise outta SU fans

(or when bono visits at georgetown)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It WILL be Arizona. I am 100% sure. :suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL@ arguing about a fucking fruit

Bananas are better bitches. :laugh3:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolly found his new KentuckyGirlxxxx. :laugh3:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse Mangomen. Think about that for a minute.