• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whose the new#1?????

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, ranking at the time means much less than current ranking. Do you think that ND beating UK last year when they were ranked 8th means shit at the end of the year and didn't make the tourney??? When people talk about who teams beat that are ranked, they go off where they are currently ranked. If team A beats team B before they are ranked, and then team B goes on to win the rest of their games and is ranked #1, people don't throw team A's win out because team B wasn't ranked at the time.

I can't believe I have to explain this to you.

All I'm saying about the coach's poll is that you can't use a Coach's poll top 25 ranking to justify a #1 spot in the AP poll, when that team is not ranked in the AP. It's fine that they are close, but they aren't ranked in the AP, and they won't be ranked in either come Monday.

Look man, you believe whatever the fuck you want. I think that both SU and OSU will receive votes on Monday, they will be the three remaining undefeated teams in the top 5. But they won't be #1.

AZ will have the most points, and get the majority of #1 votes, and that's just the way it is. So you can say whatever you want, and talk about how the media hype is going to magically determine who gets the top spot over how the polls actually work, but then you will be extremely disappointed on Monday when AZ is #1. No matter what your logic is, it's not going to make SU leap AZ.

and im just saying you cant claim IU is an unranked team because THEY ARE RANKED

your reading comprehension as usual sucks because not once have i ever used the coaches to justify an AP ranking. I just brought it up because you guys are claiming that IU is unranked.

and i cant believe you are dumb enough to pull this "SDSU counts more of a win than IU because it was a road game" routine. you cant introduce that into a conversation and expect to not eat shit when i mention how SDSU was by no means a big game back then.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew it the moment you denied it. I just bothered to back up my argument with something tangible. You on the other hand think you're the authority evidently because you've decided you're the authority. But don't let those pesky facts get in the way of a little reality. I'm sure that little dream world you live in is quite nice.

Kudos to you though. Of all the internet dullards I've talked to over the years, you're the first one to actually present a rebuttal of "You looked your facts up, I just made some crap up, so clearly I'm right" That's some above the rim trolling.

What the hell does what they were called a few years ago have to do with what the mascot is today? (hint: not a damn thing)

What this boils down to is you don't want Syracuse's mascot to be a fruit, so you've convinced yourself that it he isn't a fruit. You want Syracuse to be ranked #1 on Monday, so you've convinced yourself that they will. You're the type of guy that convinces himself that Congress blew up the WTC, and aliens dug the Grand Canyon, because it's easier for you to grasp a simple lie than a complicated truth. I'd love to know what else you've convinced yourself to believe.

Regardless of what reality you live in, Monay, Arizona will be ranked #1 and Otto The Orange will still be a fruit.

yeah at this point you are just trolling me trying to promote something thats totally false as fact and i think even the zona guys can back me up on this one.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and im just saying you cant claim IU is an unranked team because THEY ARE RANKED

Only in the coaches poll.... a poll that SU has 0% chance of making it to #1 this week, since they would have to pass Ohio State and Arizona.

your reading comprehension as usual sucks because not once have i ever used the coaches to justify an AP ranking. I just brought it up because you guys are claiming that IU is unranked.
Well, since SU has no chance of making it to #1 in the coach's poll, why are you bringing it up?

and i cant believe you are dumb enough to pull this "SDSU counts more of a win than IU because it was a road game" routine. you cant introduce that into a conversation and expect to not eat shit when i mention how SDSU was by no means a big game back then.

Road wins count more than home wins. It's true in the minds of the voters, and it's true in the calculations for RPI (and every other computer rating system) So yeah, a road win is better. Also, nobody cares where a team was ranked when you played them. We know more about both teams now so it makes sens to use the most up to date rankings when evaluating wins and losses. Plus it's a lot easier. Nobody wants to go back and look up what SDSU was ranked in week 1 when we know what they're ranked now and their ranking now is more relevant anyway.

Again, it's okay to admit that you don't know how the polls work. Lots of people don't understand.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah at this point you are just trolling me trying to promote something thats totally false as fact and i think even the zona guys can back me up on this one.

You know how to get me to stop? Prove me wrong. Of course you can't because I have reality on my side, and all you have is some twisted reality that you've invented to fit your lack of understanding.

I mean... you claim what I'm saying is totally false. Should be pretty easy for you to prove me wrong.

I'm all ears.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, you must not have ever watched a Selection Sunday in your life. One of the major factors of deciding seeds and inclusion into the tourney is top 25 and top 50 wins on the road and on neutral courts.

If I have to keep breaking such simple information down to you, I'm going to lose my mind. You are acting like a real dumbfuck, and are really starting to piss me off. You clearly stated that SU will be #1 because they beat a ranked IU team. So, either you are saying that they will be ranked #1 in the coach's poll because IU was ranked in the coach's poll, or that they will be ranked #1 in the AP because they beat a IU team ranked in the Coach's poll. Either way, it's a dumbfuck argument. The problem with you even bringing up the coach's poll is that SU is ranked #5 there. So if you actually think that because SU beat #25 IU at home, that they will leapfrog OSU and AZ, then you are a special kind of dumbfuck. But maybe that was your argument, since at least you are keeping your argument completely in the Coach's poll. Again, a dumbfuck argument to think that #5 leaps two unbeaten teams because you beat a #25 team at home, but at least it's a consistent dumbfuck argument.

But if you are trying to tell me that because IU is ranked #25 in the Coach's poll, that it will somehow count as a ranked win in the AP, then your dumbfuckness reaches new levels. But at least your argument is that they will only leapfrog AZ instead of OSU and AZ, because SU is #4 in the AP. Still, if you are seriously arguing that a ranked win in the Coach's poll, even though they are not ranked in the AP, equates to leaping a team with 2 wins against currently ranked teams in the AP, then I have underestimated how much of a dumbfuck you really are.

So which is it? Are either a dumbfuck bc you think that beating a ranked team in the Coach's poll will help you leap two unbeaten teams in the Coach's poll, or you are a dumbfuck because you think that beating a ranked team in the Coach's poll will get you to leap an unbeaten team in the AP. Pr, maybe you think you will be #1 in both, in which case you are a dumbfuck squared. Either way, you are a complete idiot, and doing a major disservice to the knowledgeable SU fans out there who understand the way that the polls actually work.

Ultimately, I'm done with you, because you are trying to bring me down to your level of complete stupidity, and I just can't get there with you.

So, again, you think whatever the fuck you want in your dumbfuck head, and the rest of the world will not be the least bit surprised on Monday when AZ is #1. I'm sorry for the impending devastation that Monday will bring to your life, when 'Cuse is not #1 in either poll.

Kindly go fuck yourself, and perhaps you want to think about not being such a fucking idiot, and wasting people's time on you complete ignorance in matters of college basketball.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CatsTopPac:
citizen_cane.gif

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
john, you shouldn't be ashamed of having a fruit for a mascot.

lmao now thats funny......

however anyone with brains knows its not a fruit

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how to get me to stop? Prove me wrong. Of course you can't because I have reality on my side, and all you have is some twisted reality that you've invented to fit your lack of understanding.

I mean... you claim what I'm saying is totally false. Should be pretty easy for you to prove me wrong.

I'm all ears.

you have stupidity on your side. i already explain the logic behind it but you choose to ignore logic and just keep on trolling

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, you must not have ever watched a Selection Sunday in your life. One of the major factors of deciding seeds and inclusion into the tourney is top 25 and top 50 wins on the road and on neutral courts.

If I have to keep breaking such simple information down to you, I'm going to lose my mind. You are acting like a real dumbfuck, and are really starting to piss me off. You clearly stated that SU will be #1 because they beat a ranked IU team. So, either you are saying that they will be ranked #1 in the coach's poll because IU was ranked in the coach's poll, or that they will be ranked #1 in the AP because they beat a IU team ranked in the Coach's poll. Either way, it's a dumbfuck argument. The problem with you even bringing up the coach's poll is that SU is ranked #5 there. So if you actually think that because SU beat #25 IU at home, that they will leapfrog OSU and AZ, then you are a special kind of dumbfuck. But maybe that was your argument, since at least you are keeping your argument completely in the Coach's poll. Again, a dumbfuck argument to think that #5 leaps two unbeaten teams because you beat a #25 team at home, but at least it's a consistent dumbfuck argument.

But if you are trying to tell me that because IU is ranked #25 in the Coach's poll, that it will somehow count as a ranked win in the AP, then your dumbfuckness reaches new levels. But at least your argument is that they will only leapfrog AZ instead of OSU and AZ, because SU is #4 in the AP. Still, if you are seriously arguing that a ranked win in the Coach's poll, even though they are not ranked in the AP, equates to leaping a team with 2 wins against currently ranked teams in the AP, then I have underestimated how much of a dumbfuck you really are.

So which is it? Are either a dumbfuck bc you think that beating a ranked team in the Coach's poll will help you leap two unbeaten teams in the Coach's poll, or you are a dumbfuck because you think that beating a ranked team in the Coach's poll will get you to leap an unbeaten team in the AP. Pr, maybe you think you will be #1 in both, in which case you are a dumbfuck squared. Either way, you are a complete idiot, and doing a major disservice to the knowledgeable SU fans out there who understand the way that the polls actually work.

Ultimately, I'm done with you, because you are trying to bring me down to your level of complete stupidity, and I just can't get there with you.

So, again, you think whatever the fuck you want in your dumbfuck head, and the rest of the world will not be the least bit surprised on Monday when AZ is #1. I'm sorry for the impending devastation that Monday will bring to your life, when 'Cuse is not #1 in either poll.

Kindly go fuck yourself, and perhaps you want to think about not being such a fucking idiot, and wasting people's time on you complete ignorance in matters of college basketball.

jesus christ you are dumb.

you lack reading comprehension because as usual you dont understand a thing what i said and whats worse you again are putting words in my mouth about this coaches poll thing

at this point in time if you think SDSU counts more than IU bases just because of the road/away thing then you are pretty stupid.

and heres a thing about the "oh SU is only ranked #5 in the coaches poll" argument.

we are exactly ONE POINT behind the number 4. and then theres boeheim. hes a voter in that poll and he always votes SU down a few spots because hes humble as shit. even when we were like 17-0 2 seasons ago he didnt vote us number 1. so if you wanna use the #5 thing to bash SUs ranking.......LOL

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how zona fans need to revert to very misleading stats to make their case

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have stupidity on your side. i already explain the logic behind it but you choose to ignore logic and just keep on trolling

Explained what? How the polling works? No. you didn't. Not even a little bit. In fact, this entire thread has been a testament to your complete ant total lack of understanding regarding the AP and coach's polls.

You also haven't explained anything regarding the SU mascot either. you explained that the mascot used to be the Orangemen. That doesn't at all explain anything about SU's current mascot, Otto The Orange.

Are you denying that Otto the Orange is SU's mascot, or are you just trying to suggest that Otto The Orange isn't an orange? Becasue I've shown proof that he is both SU's mascot and he's a delicious citrus fruit.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explained what? How the polling works? No. you didn't. Not even a little bit. In fact, this entire thread has been a testament to your complete ant total lack of understanding regarding the AP and coach's polls.

You also haven't explained anything regarding the SU mascot either. you explained that the mascot used to be the Orangemen. That doesn't at all explain anything about SU's current mascot, Otto The Orange.

Are you denying that Otto the Orange is SU's mascot, or are you just trying to suggest that Otto The Orange isn't an orange? Becasue I've shown proof that he is both SU's mascot and he's a delicious citrus fruit.

like i said ^^^^^^troll

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and heres a thing about the "oh SU is only ranked #5 in the coaches poll" argument.

we are exactly ONE POINT behind the number 4. and then theres boeheim. hes a voter in that poll and he always votes SU down a few spots because hes humble as shit. even when we were like 17-0 2 seasons ago he didnt vote us number 1. so if you wanna use the #5 thing to bash SUs ranking.......LOL

So what you're saying is that Cuse would have been ranked higher if Boeheim would vote them higher, but they will be ranked higher next week, because Boeheim won't rank them higher?

That's a pretty interesting argument even for you.

Please. Don't stop. This is too much fun.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you're saying is that Cuse would have been ranked higher if Boeheim would vote them higher, but they will be ranked higher next week, because Boeheim won't rank them higher?

That's a pretty interesting argument even for you.

Please. Don't stop. This is too much fun.

im just saying while they are #5. theres a lot more too it than that