• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whose the new#1?????

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it used to be orangemen before they changed it to be gender neutral a few years ago. while they call him otto the orange he isnt a fruit. the mascot has fur on it for crying out loud.

again its not modeled after a fruit <== just over political correctness

It used to be the Orangemen. It isn't anymore. Syracuse's mascot is Otto, the orange. He is, in fact, an orange. A deliciously juicy and tasty citrus fruit... named Otto.

Besides the mascot having fur (don't all mascots have fur? They're like muppets, right? Kermit was fuzzy and he was a frog) he also has arms and legs. You'll probably not that most oranges you've encountered don't in fact, have arms and legs, but you might want to look up "anthropomorphic" before you go too much farther.

Your mascot is a fruit.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me rephrase that for you. Cuse has no quality size. :laugh3:

no quality size??????:L

6-8 CJ Fair who was preseason ACC player of the year?????????

i dunno about you but to get the votes for player of a year in a top BB conference despite never playing a game against them is pretty impressive

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading comprehension 201.........

momentum

Cuse might have all of the momentum in the world. They still won't be ranked #1 this week. THAT's NOT HOW THE POLLS WORK.

Cuse might be the best team in the world. They still won't be ranked #1 this week. THAT'S NOT HOW THE POLLS WORK.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are talking "quality wins" then AZ is 2-0 vs AP top 25, and 0-0 against top 50. 'Cuse is 1-0 against top 25, and 1-0 against top 50. Also, one of 'Cuse's wins was at home (their top 50 win), and one of their wins was on a neutral court (their top 25 win). One of AZ's top 25 wins was on a neutral court, and one was on the road. AZ has better quality wins than 'Cuse.

No one is saying that 'Cuse is not a great team, and certainly top 2 come Monday. But when AZ just beat 2 ranked teams in the AP away from their home court in the past month, then voters are not going to magically forget that, because 'Cuse beat Indiana at home. It's also not to say that AZ is going to grab absolutely every number 1 vote.

But when you are a #2 team, and the number #1 and #3 teams lose, then unless you only beat a Robert Morris type school by one in OT on your home court, and the #4 team beats a top 5 or top 10 school, you are going to be #1 in the next poll. It's that simple. There is no way that the majority of writers are going to vote for the #4 team to leap the #2 team, when the #2 team took care of business.

Did you watch the AZ/UNLV game??? It wasn't like AZ struggled against Ball State. UNLV played out of their minds, and it was a tough game. AZ didn't play exceptional, but if you watched the game, UNLV played out of their minds, and you can't take that away from them.

Sorry man, but AZ is going to be #1 on Monday, it's just the way it is. You are just going to have to wait until AZ loses, or unless AZ plays horribly, and 'Cuse absolutely smashed 'Nova coming up. Other than that, AZ beat a ranked team on the road, and a top ten team in MSG. the #1 team lost, and so AZ will be #1.

Last edited by a moderator:

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao. A 9-0 record is enough "momentum" for me. And Apparently for the voters too.

yeah and your record this week.....

a scrub tech team & a 5 pt victory over a team with a losing record

but yes.....go on referring to games from the start of the season to explain the momentum surrounding the team today:lol:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah and your record this week.....

a scrub tech team & a 5 pt victory over a team with a losing record

but yes.....go on referring to games from the start of the season to explain the momentum surrounding the team today:lol:

The reason UNLV has a losing record is because they lost today. Had UNLV won they would have a wining record.. and what are you talking about "the start of the season"? As far as i'm concerned every OOC game is the "start of the season"

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look john, I know this is big for you because at this point in the season you're not used to having left the state of NY or played let alone beaten a Top 25 team, but since it is a notion you're completely unfamiliar with, you might want to tone it down and listen to the people that actually know how it works.

Also, Baylor beating UK makes your win over Baylor look better, but it doesn't add anything to your momentum.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are talking "quality wins" then AZ is 2-0 vs top 25, and 0-0 against top 50. 'Cuse is 1-0 against top 25, and 1-0 against top 50. Also, one of 'Cuse's wins was at home (their top 50 win), and one of their wins was on a neutral court (their top 25 win). One of AZ's top 25 wins was on a neutral court, and one was on the road. AZ has better quality wins than 'Cuse.

No one is saying that 'Cuse is not a great team, and certainly top 2 come Monday. But when AZ just beat 2 ranked teams in the AP away from their home court in the past month, then voters are not going to magically forget that, because 'Cuse beat Indiana at home. It's also not to say that AZ is going to grap absolutely every number 1 vote.

But when you are a #2 team, and the number #1 and #3 teams lose, then unless you only beat a Robert Morris type school by one in OT on your home court, and the #4 team beats a top 5 or top 10 school, you are going to be #1 in the next poll. It's that simple. There is no way that the majority of writers are going to vote for the #4 team to leap the #2 team, when the #2 team took care of business.

Did you watch the AZ/UNLV game??? It wasn't like AZ struggled against Ball State. UNLV played out of their minds, and it was a tough game. AZ didn't play exceptional, but if you watched the game, UNLV played out of their minds, and you can't take that away from them.

Sorry man, but AZ is going to be #1 on Monday, it's just the way it is. You are just going to have to wait until AZ loses, or unless AZ plays horribly, and 'Cuse absolutely smashed 'Nova coming up. Other than that, AZ beat a ranked team on the road, and a top ten team in MSG. the #1 team lost, and so AZ will be #1.

wow talk about dumb

for starters.....

as it stands sdsu & IU are about equal in the rankings. yes IU will drop but we are talking about a two teams one of which is barely a in the top 25 the other is barely outside the top 25. yes its a top 50 vs a top 25 win but thats a very misleading stat that you are intentionally using.

zona beat 2 ranked teams in the AP. however syracuse just beat 2 ranked teams in the coaches poll

and while we are talking about breaking down the quality of win because of neutral/home/away lets talk about this.......

sdsu was 1-0 and had yet to recieve a single vote in the rankings when they played

IU was a ranked team that was 6-1 and very hot coming off a 1 pt loss to a top 15 team the week before

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win vs UCLA today. Impressive.
UCLA is going to be good by the end of the year but Im not sure they are going to be able to handle physical teams that board well and/or press. They showed off in the first half with breakaway dunks and silly crossovers but faded in the 2nd half getting beat on the boards and taking bad shots.

Mizzou has looked better since getting Haith back. I have never seen our basketball schedule as easy as the one we have this year. Kentucky at home and Florida on the road back to back but no ranked teams other than that.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look john, I know this is big for you because at this point in the season you're not used to having left the state of NY or played let alone beaten a Top 25 team, but since it is a notion you're completely unfamiliar with, you might want to tone it down and listen to the people that actually know how it works.

Also, Baylor beating UK makes your win over Baylor look better, but it doesn't add anything to your momentum.

you really like to troll. and "we dont leave the state of NY" or we dont play a tough ooc is the biggest myth out there. anyone who actually follows syracuse know that not true.

its not like our first game last season was against a ranked sdsu team in san diego.

its not like we have played florida in florida or kansas in kansas the last couple of years

you do have troll in your name so im really not surprised that you are bringing this up......:lol:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep talking about the coach's poll, but that doesn't help your case. 'Cuse is #5 in the coach's poll!! Do you really think that they are going to leap OSU and AZ to be #1??? Because I would be surprised if they even leaped OSU. You can't use the coach's poll to talk about how you should be #1 in the AP, especially when you have a worse ranking in the coach's poll.

And while you want to talk about IU and SDSU being equal, you have to figure in that they beat IU at home, and AZ beat SDSU in the road!!!! Big difference.

And SDSU wasn't receiving votes until they beat a ranked Creighton, and a ranked Marquette on a neural court to win the Wooden Classic.

Oh, and the reason why I chose the top 25 and top 50 wins is because those are what the RPI uses to establish quality wins. I didn't just pick those out of thin air.

And you keep talking about UNLV like you didn't only beat St fucking Francis by 6 on your home court!!!! By the end of the year, which win do you think is going to look worse, really.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look john, I know this is big for you

this is big for me? nah this is big for you.....

its been like 2-3 years since our last #1 ranking

its been like 10 years for you guys

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep talking about the coach's poll, but that doesn't help your case. 'Cuse is #5 in the coach's poll!! Do you really think that they are going to leap OSU and AZ to be #1??? Because I would be surprised if they even leaped OSU. You can't use the coach's poll to talk about how you should be #1 in the AP, especially when you have a worse ranking in the coach's poll.

And while you want to talk about IU and SDSU being equal, you have to figure in that they beat IU at home, and AZ beat SDSU in the road!!!! Big difference.

And SDSU wasn't receiving votes until they beat a ranked Creighton, and a ranked Marquette on a neural court to win the Wooden Classic.

Oh, and the reason why I chose the top 25 and top 50 wins is because those are what the RPI uses to establish quality wins. I didn't just pick those out of thin air.

ahh so quality of win means only home/road/away while that said teams ranking at the team is totally useless????? LMAO ok

and i was just pointing out that IU is indeed a ranking team and you pull the good ole "coaches poll doesnt matter" BS. again LMAO ok

and like i said top 25 & top 50 is a fair system to use. but in this case it is such an insanely misleading metric that if an espn analyst used it he would be labeled as a homer/hater for the rest of his career

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only reason why we use the away/home/neutral thing is because of the intimidation factor

sorry but when these two respective games were played IU was considered much more of an intimidation game than SDSU. and lets not forget that this was a grudge match for IU.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is big for me? nah this is big for you.....

its been like 2-3 years since our last #1 ranking

its been like 10 years for you guys

You guys? I couldn't give a fuck about Arizona. I don't have a dog in this fight. You're just being an idiot, so I'm calling you out on it.

Your mascot is a fruit. (shame you didn't know that since you claim to be a fan)
Syracuse has no chance of being ranked #1 in the polls on Monday.

These things are indisputable.

You can argue why you think they're better all you want, but that's not how the polls work. Once you get into the top 5, teams don't leapfrog other teams that didn't lose, especially in the AP poll. The coaches had OSU leapfrog UK a few weeks ago, but that is a rarity, and as I've pointed out the idiots that vote in the coach's poll are borderline retarded.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys? I couldn't give a fuck about Arizona. I don't have a dog in this fight. You're just being an idiot, so I'm calling you out on it.

Your mascot is a fruit. (shame you didn't know that since you claim to be a fan)
Syracuse has no chance of being ranked #1 in the polls on Monday.

These things are indisputable.

You can argue why you think they're better all you want, but that's not how the polls work. Once you get into the top 5, teams don't leapfrog other teams that didn't lose, especially in the AP poll. The coaches had OSU leapfrog UK a few weeks ago, but that is a rarity, and as I've pointed out the idiots that vote in the coach's poll are borderline retarded.

i love how someone who uses google to look this up thinks he knows more than an actual fan

only a few years ago they were called orangemen. how come you have no answer for that:lol:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, ranking at the time means much less than current ranking. Do you think that ND beating UK last year when they were ranked 8th means shit at the end of the year and didn't make the tourney??? When people talk about who teams beat that are ranked, they go off where they are currently ranked. If team A beats team B before they are ranked, and then team B goes on to win the rest of their games and is ranked #1, people don't throw team A's win out because team B wasn't ranked at the time.

I can't believe I have to explain this to you.

All I'm saying about the coach's poll is that you can't use a Coach's poll top 25 ranking to justify a #1 spot in the AP poll, when that team is not ranked in the AP. It's fine that they are close, but they aren't ranked in the AP, and they won't be ranked in either come Monday.

Look man, you believe whatever the fuck you want. I think that both SU and OSU will receive votes on Monday, they will be the three remaining undefeated teams in the top 5. But they won't be #1.

AZ will have the most points, and get the majority of #1 votes, and that's just the way it is. So you can say whatever you want, and talk about how the media hype is going to magically determine who gets the top spot over how the polls actually work, but then you will be extremely disappointed on Monday when AZ is #1. No matter what your logic is, it's not going to make SU leap AZ.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love how someone who uses google to look this up thinks he knows more than an actual fan
I knew it the moment you denied it. I just bothered to back up my argument with something tangible. You on the other hand think you're the authority evidently because you've decided you're the authority. But don't let those pesky facts get in the way of a little reality. I'm sure that little dream world you live in is quite nice.

Kudos to you though. Of all the internet dullards I've talked to over the years, you're the first one to actually present a rebuttal of "You looked your facts up, I just made some crap up, so clearly I'm right" That's some above the rim trolling.

only a few years ago they were called orangemen. how come you have no answer for that:lol:

What the hell does what they were called a few years ago have to do with what the mascot is today? (hint: not a damn thing)

What this boils down to is you don't want Syracuse's mascot to be a fruit, so you've convinced yourself that it he isn't a fruit. You want Syracuse to be ranked #1 on Monday, so you've convinced yourself that they will. You're the type of guy that convinces himself that Congress blew up the WTC, and aliens dug the Grand Canyon, because it's easier for you to grasp a simple lie than a complicated truth. I'd love to know what else you've convinced yourself to believe.

Regardless of what reality you live in, Monay, Arizona will be ranked #1 and Otto The Orange will still be a fruit.