• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whose the new#1?????

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, did Syracuse ever make it to #1? I keep forgetting to check the polls.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently slapdick still wants to argue about Syracuse's Mascot so I'm going to try to move the conversation here instead of clogging up the Pac12 thread even more. (what's with his obsession over the Pac12 anyway?)

So to resume where we left off, Syracuse's mascot, Otto the Orange is an Orange. Not because I say so, because Syracuse says so. They clearly state he is an Orange. The clearly refer to him as a Citrus. There is no ambiguity about it. He. Is. An. Orange.

Yes, I'm aware that it didn't used to be that way, and their mascot used to be something completely different. Of course, that has fuckall to do with what he is now, but it won't stop slapdick from bringing it up again.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently slapdick still wants to argue about Syracuse's Mascot so I'm going to try to move the conversation here instead of clogging up the Pac12 thread even more. (what's with his obsession over the Pac12 anyway?)

So to resume where we left off, Syracuse's mascot, Otto the Orange is an Orange. Not because I say so, because Syracuse says so. They clearly state he is an Orange. The clearly refer to him as a Citrus. There is no ambiguity about it. He. Is. An. Orange.

Yes, I'm aware that it didn't used to be that way, and their mascot used to be something completely different. Of course, that has fuckall to do with what he is now, but it won't stop slapdick from bringing it up again.

problem is ==> if you were literate you would realize that that is not the case.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem is ==> if you were literate you would realize that that is not the case.

Coming from a guy who hasn't made a single post on this board (2000+ and counting) that has been error free in terms of spelling, grammar, punctuation and capitalization you'll forgive me if I take that comment with a grain of salt.

That being said, Syracuse says Otto is an Orange. I'm taking their word over yours.

Syracuse University Athletics - Syracuse Mascot

Syracuse University Athletics - How Otto Got His Name

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a juiced-up, bumbling citrus

bumbling definition:
acting in a confused or ineffectual way; incompetent

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bumbling citrus is still a citrus, slapdick.

Syracuse's mascot is an orange.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bumbling citrus is still a citrus, slapdick.

Syracuse's mascot is an orange.

an extremely confused, ineffectual, incompetent orange

its pretty clear to anyone with vocabulary skills that the point of the mascot is to be a failed attempt at an orange.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an extremely confused, ineffectual, incompetent orange

its pretty clear to anyone with vocabulary skills that the point of the mascot is to be a failed attempt at an orange.

The only thing that is clear is your failed attempt to convince anyone that Otto The Orange, isn't an orange.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and as usual you ignore logic

SLAPDICK!

what IS the 'cuse mascot, if not an orange? I might have missed your part of the argument and am just dying to hear your thoughts on the subject!

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I'm the one ignoring logic. :doh:

You're the one trying to convince anyone who will listen, that Otto the Orange (who Syracuse clearly states is in fact an orange) isn't actually an orange.

In the early 1980's it was time again to look for a new sports mascot. Several cadidates were taken under consideration, including a penguin with an orange scarf, an orangutan, the Abominable Orangeman, the Orangeman, Egnaro the Troll and an Orange. In the end, it was a warm, fuzzy and lovable Orange (known by several names through the years) that won the day. Despite recent attempts to give him a facelift, Otto has remained the same and is here to stay.

In the end, it was an orange that won the day. An Orange. Not faux-orange. Not a fake orange. Not a failed orange.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SLAPDICK!

what IS the 'cuse mascot, if not an orange? I might have missed your part of the argument and am just dying to hear your thoughts on the subject!

syracuse has never branded it as an actual orange. not once has any marketing campaign ever been directed in that matter. orange in general for syracuse has always been in connection with the color not the fruit. it is only when we dropped the "men" that this whole "are we a fruit" thing came to life.

at this point it is more a troll argument. the difference is clear to me.
CitrusSolutionOrangeMan.gif

syracuse_mascot-23422.jpg

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, you thought i actually wanted to hear your opinion on the matter?

classic SLAPDICK!

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like just under an hour and a half. I'ts like I'm nostrafuckingdamus

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh, you thought i actually wanted to hear your opinion on the matter?

classic SLAPDICK!

well you did ask......and you are lurking in this thread

so......:noidea:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another week, another chance for Syracuse to jump to #1. Anybody besides johnboy think it's going to happen?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and a 1
and a 2
and a 1...2...3...4......

BUMP!!!