• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Whose the new#1?????

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got you good...scUM

well the funny thing is that i knew from the start what he was doing and decided to play along

im a bit surprised at how many pages the dude was willing to go

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nah your reading comprehension just sucks

they refer to him as "an orange" but not as a fruit.

it its confusing to outsiders but any true syracuse fan would never make the connection.

the only people who bring this up are those looking to get a rise outta SU fans

(or when bono visits at georgetown)

The refer to him as an orange and as a citrus. Only thing that fits those two criteria would be An Orange.... the fruit.

You can deny it all you want. You can fall back on stupid pedantic arguments and urbandictionary definitions, but Otto is an Orange. An orange is a fruit. So Otto, is an orange. This is basic 3rd grade logic here. Given a few days I could probably teach a dog to follow it. Yet I'm not surprised at all that you can't grasp it.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refer to him as an orange and as a citrus. Only thing that fits those two criteria would be An Orange.... the fruit.

You can deny it all you want. You can fall back on stupid pedantic arguments and urbandictionary definitions, but Otto is an Orange. An orange is a fruit. So Otto, is an orange. This is basic 3rd grade logic here. Given a few days I could probably teach a dog to follow it. Yet I'm not surprised at all that you can't grasp it.

seriously,

dont ya get tired of pushing the same failed troll point over & over again

i get that troll is in your name but come on........

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you get tired of being wrong?

Otto the Orange

Otto the Orange is the mascot for the Syracuse Orange, the athletic teams of Syracuse University in Syracuse, New York, USA. Otto is an anthropomorphic orange, wearing a large blue hat and blue pants.

anthropomorphic

orange

anthropomorphisc: described or thought of as being like human beings in appearance, behavior, etc.

orange: fruit of the citrus species Citrus × ​sinensis in the family Rutaceae

anthropomorphic orange

anthropomorphic orange

anthropomorphic orange

anthropomorphic orange

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you get tired of being wrong?

Otto the Orange

anthropomorphic

orange

anthropomorphisc: described or thought of as being like human beings in appearance, behavior, etc.

orange: fruit of the citrus species Citrus × ​sinensis in the family Rutaceae

anthropomorphic orange

anthropomorphic orange

anthropomorphic orange

anthropomorphic orange

that was probably done by a georgetown student with too much time on his hands. notice how it doesnt even have a citation?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was probably done by a georgetown student with too much time on his hands. notice how it doesnt even have a citation?

The following quote regarding Otto's gender lacked a citation, not the one about Otto's fruity background. You'll also notice the sidebar with the picture of Otto also calls Otto an orange and isn't lacking a citation.

But just to be clear, you agree that Syracuse says he's a citrus, and you agree that he is in fact the color orange, you're just saying that he could be any orange spherical citrus?

So he could be a tangerine? Tangelo maybe? Orangelo possibly? If you're so sure he's not an orange, which round orange citrus do you think he is?

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have had AZ #1 a week ago. Maybe two. MSU was their by default. AZ will be the first team to earn a spot up their this season. Cuse is going to be good, but they've played Baylor and a bunch of cupcakes. (and IU which is neither a cupcake or a quality team, they're just meh, this season)

Arizona will be #1 until they lose.

I hate to agree here, but I do. I could say the same for AZ as well. Doesn't matter...AZ will go to one. SU will be 3....maybe 2 to some.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeehzus. just reread my post that jonvi quoted. How many times can I screw up "there" in a single post. :L

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was no such animal as preseason rankings and the rankings did not come out until week 3, I believe based on SOS, total wins, and (home/away consideration) Wisconsin is the most deserving of the #1 spot. As of right now AZ is one and Cuse will be 2 which is obvious considering the preseason rankings and the recent games this week.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP Top 5
Code:
1	Arizona (63)	9-0	1,623
2	Syracuse (2)	9-0	1,522
3	Ohio State	8-0	1,453
4	Wisconsin	10-0	1,318
5	Michigan State	7-1	1,311

Coach's Top 5
Code:
1	Arizona (30)	9-0	797
2	Ohio State (1)	8-0	749
3	Syracuse (1)	9-0	746
4	Louisville	8-1	684
5	Michigan State	7-1	655

So between the two polls Arizona got a whopping 93 out of 97 first place votes. Syracuse got... (hang on this might take a second.... I'm computating on my fingers'n'toes...) Three. 3 Votes. Trez Votos. Drei Voten! Eethray otevays.

One.... Tooowhooo... Thrrrrrrrrrree.

PYPBLCESUFEI-large.jpg

If it's any consolation I found a poll where Orange was voted as the most popular citrus. (Sadly, I couldn't find one where it was voted most popular fruit. Maybe Otto should campaign more)

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even need to see Ohio State play tonight. I'm just going to assume that they lose at home, and after Arizona barely beat a ranked team on the road, I think it's pretty safe to say that Syracuse will be the unanimous #1 team in the land on Monday. Really I don't even think you can give AZ credit for the win. I have to double check, but I think a win by less than 4 actually counts as a loss on your record. It's a shame that Arizona is going to plummet down the rankings after this de facto loss. Maybe they can turn it around and finish above .500 for the season so UM can get credit for a decent de facto win when it comes time for seeding.

As for the Cuse, I'm pretty sure they'll have locked up a #1 seed this weekend.

(am I doing it right, john?) :laugh3:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even need to see Ohio State play tonight. I'm just going to assume that they lose at home, and after Arizona barely beat a ranked team on the road, I think it's pretty safe to say that Syracuse will be the unanimous #1 team in the land on Monday. Really I don't even think you can give AZ credit for the win. I have to double check, but I think a win by less than 4 actually counts as a loss on your record. It's a shame that Arizona is going to plummet down the rankings after this de facto loss. Maybe they can turn it around and finish above .500 for the season so UM can get credit for a decent de facto win when it comes time for seeding.

As for the Cuse, I'm pretty sure they'll have locked up a #1 seed this weekend.

(am I doing it right, john?) :laugh3:

Nailed it!!!!!!!:laugh3:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguing about who is number 1 at this point in the college basketball season, before most teams have started conference play, is kind of like arguing about who has the smelliest farts.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguing about who is number 1 at this point in the college basketball season, before most teams have started conference play, is kind of like arguing about who has the smelliest farts.

pretty much

but it does drive the arizona fans nuts

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much

but it does drive the arizona fans nuts

I agree Trolly, and isn't john the one who started this thread? I mean, I think our argument wasn't so much about who should be number one, as much as we were just trying to tell him the facts of who will be number one. And he was just fighting it tooth and nail.