• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

whose side are you on??

Whose side are you on??

• Players

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • owners

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiss my ass, ball-sniffer.

Your tiny fuckstick is broken and it smells like cheese and onions.

Fuck OP’s poll and its piss-drinking rules, the players, the owners, you and your broken and stinky fuckstick.

Well....I thought you liked cheese 'n onions? :noidea:

:dhd:

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again... Fans were not an option...

and how are fans the biggest losers??? its the fans that are most responsible for the sport to be dying... unless you are only talking hard core fans... and if you are... then many will watch the korean baseball... not the same... but they will get their fix whether baseball comes back or not...
OK, I'm on Hubert's side then.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have the players submitted a proposal including how they will make it work? The owners did.

Technically they already had an agreement, no? The players would probably play under that one next week.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players.

Anyone on the owners side just wants something to watch on TV and doesn't care what it takes.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally on the player's side in this standoff, and have little to zero empathy for the owners.

That said, let's get real here....neither side is losing all that much in the overall picture imho....and the only real losers will be the fans if this season is completely cancelled.

Fuckin aye..what a crazy year 2020 has been so far.
Global pandemic, no sports, civil unrest.

And it's not even July yet.

:L

Ugghh

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is hard to pick a side because we are watching billionaires argue with millionaires over money and its hard to say who is more greedy. I really do not believe team owners make a ton of money from owning sports teams and mostly live off their personal wealth in what originally made them rich. If someone knows more about how much owners actually make a season only off of their sports team let me know.

I tend to have less empathy for baseball players because an average guy like a Kyle Seager who will make a 100 million guaranteed dollar contract when he is done same with Dexter Fowler a career .260 hitter who will make 116 million to me is crazy. Mike trout who cant even get his team to the playoffs will make over 500 million by 2030 considering that the NFL is set to play and those guys get Torn ACLs, fractures pelvis's, broke feet etc then get cut for getting injured to save money. I would have to side with the owners on this one.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an Owners' supporter.

First, the players all have individual contracts that they and the onership have signed and not once has an owner refused to pay a player regardless of how badly he plays. Here's the example. Jimmy Jones has a great year and hits .300, 30 Home Runs, 100 RBIs, steals 30 Bases and has a .995 Fielding Average. He signs a five year contract for $30M per year. He never hits above .250, never has more than 12 HRs, 55 RBIs, 10 SB and his fielding drops to annual average of .810. He still gets his $150M and he's not worth $150,000.

Second, MLBPA. The strongest union in professional sports. For the first time in baseball history, the union is looking at a group of owners who are saying, "This shit has to cease." The union is doing nothing at all to help the sport and pretty much represents itself. Baseball no longer appeals to American youth. It's not fast enough or exciting enough to keep their attention. Even black American youth has turned away. The largest sector of participating players are coming out of Central, South America and the Caribbean. American kids will not sit in front of a TV and watch a guy throw a baseball to a hitter nine times and see the hitter not be able to anything more than foul off a 98 mph pitch. Watching this boring stuff for 3-3-1/2 hours is pure agony. The union will not allow a 30 second pitch clock.

Third, How many people can cough up $1M for a permanent seat license in a 60,000 seat stadium. I have a very close friend who travels to NY. He shares four box seats on the first base side of the new Yankee Stadium. He and his partner each coughed up $1M for those seats. They make about $2500 a seat when they don't want to attend a game. He told me back in February that the waiting list for the tickets is less than 1/3 what it was in the old Yankee Stadium. His wife passed last month after a five year fight with brain cancer and he's thinking of selling his partnership. If he can find a buyer.

Fourth, How much is too much? Mike Trout has the highest salary in baseball at $37M a year. Seriously, that's for a 162 game schedule and he plays roughly 145 of those games because he "need rest." Give me a fukin' break. If he plays 150 games at 3 hours each, he's earning $82,222.22 an hour. For the risk and the work involved, that's a bit much. He wants his entire salary even if the league doesn't play a full schedule. so if the league decides on 50 games Mike Trout thinks that he deserves $246,666.67 an hour to 'play' baseball??

The old saying is that you're worth what someone will pay, may be true. But, the players' salaries have pushed the cost of going to a baseball game for a family of four, from $40 in 1975 to almost $700 in 2020. The baseball media can't understand why baseball's attendance has dropped so dramatically in the past 10 years.

Baseball has become boring. Players can't play a full schedule. Pitchers can't pitch nine innings. a Hot Dog and Beer cost $20. I don't care that an owner is worth $5B. He's trying to provide entertainment to people who can afford it. He's trying to maintain a family oriented place of business and he has to deal with employees who think that they should be treated with more respect than a brain surgeon or the guys who dump your garbage every Wednesday in rain, snow, sleet, and 50 below zero temps.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to be on the players side strictly for the fact I am a Pirates fan. In no way can I ever agree/side with the worthless POS who owns the Pirates.