• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's the safest pick, most likely to succeed at QB??

QB most likely to thrive in the NFL??

• Johnny Football

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Teddy Bridgewater

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Blake Bortles

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • None of them. I will take my chances with FA or later round QB's

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what I thought at first, what competitiion did he play?? But that doesn't matter much if you have thr attributes to be a good QB. Arm strength and accuracy, toughness, good football IQ and he can learn more from good coaching, and mentally strong---(that is the part of every QB will really learn in the NFL). Like Vince Young he had all the talent in the world but was mentally weak.

And it's the football IQ I feel you have to question when a team consistently plays weak teams that may not run complex defenses it's hard to get a read. In the end I suspect he is the best on the list and may end up being the best in this draft. I have no issues at all with Bortles

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I do know. And what I see is JF doing everything he can to make himself adapt to the different style of the NFL. And from the new era of QB's coming into the NFL, the duel threat ones, he fits that mold.

Whoa stop with the new style QBs already there is not enough to convince anyone there is a new style QB taking over the NFL and it is exactly why a lot of people feel like Bortles and Mettenberger are better options. To be honest the whole theory of the speedy mobile QB fails more often than it succeeds. Again look at Griffin vs Luck a very recent example

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has that WOW factor. Something you can't teach, but even if he doesn't pan out one team in the 1st 5 picks will take that to at least bring more fans to the stadium.

I'm thinking that team will be the Raaaaders.

He does have some wow factor...my boss was at the Miss St. game, right behind the Aggie bench and he put on a show...also the bowl game here.

People keep saying CLE which I would like, but they really don't need a draw...they have great fans, just need a winning team. OAK just fits.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's the football IQ I feel you have to question when a team consistently plays weak teams that may not run complex defenses it's hard to get a read. In the end I suspect he is the best on the list and may end up being the best in this draft. I have no issues at all with Bortles

It is hard for me to say, I didn't see much of him. I will have to look at more film on this guy. I am still trying to debate who the Browns should take Bortles or Bridgewater.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does have some wow factor...my boss was at the Miss St. game, right behind the Aggie bench and he put on a show...also the bowl game here.

People keep saying CLE which I would like, but they really don't need a draw...they have great fans, just need a winning team. OAK just fits.

This is the most topsy-turvey I have been with who the Browns should pick in awhile. I just don't know, I want the safest pick-most likely to succeed. But I still have no idea, I still say Bridgewater and I honestly haven't seen Bortles enough.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard for me to say, I didn't see much of him. I will have to look at more film on this guy. I am still trying to debate who the Browns should take Bortles or Bridgewater.

I would lean toward Bortles IMO. But the Browns will likely make the wrong pick.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those 2 is going #1 and all signs point to Bortles. Not sure the Browns will have much option here

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of those 2 is going #1 and all signs point to Bortles. Not sure the Browns will have much option here

The owner in JAX needs to make something happen at the QB position...I don't think they will but if STL takes Clowney that frees them up to take the #2 QB...even if he is on the board, I don't see them leaving Bortles or Bridgewater on the board with the 3rd pick.

Imo CLE options will be 3rd QB off the board or another position.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the most topsy-turvey I have been with who the Browns should pick in awhile. I just don't know, I want the safest pick-most likely to succeed. But I still have no idea, I still say Bridgewater and I honestly haven't seen Bortles enough.

If this plays out like I think...the QB option will be the 3rd guy off the board and that just wouldn't sit well with me if I were a Browns fan...they reached for a QB option just 2 years ago and they're already needing to revisit the position.

If memory serves CLE has 4, 26, 35, 75, 84 or something close to that...I'd call STL and see if they would take 4 & 35 for 2...if 12 & 42 could get 3 LY...you never know.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texans need a QB, but I don't think they pass up Clowney. Jax needs a QB. So will the Browns be stuck with Manziel.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has that WOW factor. Something you can't teach, but even if he doesn't pan out one team in the 1st 5 picks will take that to at least bring more fans to the stadium.

I'm thinking that team will be the Raaaaders.

Not if you actually respect talent he doesn't. He can't play.

Drafting Manziel first round is the nail in that GM's coffin. They're done.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If I were running a team and based on fairly recent history and what is out there, I would be hard-pressed to take any QB with a high pick despite the need. I know teams will be under a lot of pressure to do it, but I think most people are grossly over-rating the impact these guys will have on those teams. The Texans are the only ones that have anything remotely close to a good situation but I really don't see any of these guys being an Andrew Luck type worthy of a first over-all. I don't know, maybe they prove me wrong. I hope for their sake, they do well.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were running a team and based on fairly recent history and what is out there, I would be hard-pressed to take any QB with a high pick despite the need. I know teams will be under a lot of pressure to do it, but I think most people are grossly over-rating the impact these guys will have on those teams. The Texans are the only ones that have anything remotely close to a good situation but I really don't see any of these guys being an Andrew Luck type worthy of a first over-all. I don't know, maybe they prove me wrong. I hope for their sake, they do well.
I agree. I feel this is the one of the worst drafts for QBs in a long time. My top pick is Bortles but he will need to sit and learn....not a starter IMO.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow read 3+ pages and no one mentioned Derek Carr.
Bridgewater is undoubtedly the best suited to fit the NFL.
Carr & Bortles are a close 2nd. Johnny football won't last a 16 game season playing w/ the big boys. Hell he missed time in every game I've watched him play. The big boys will kill him.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Football - 6'0" 207

Johnny is a great athlete. He is undersized, how will he be able to take hits in the NFL? Can he be a pocket QB in the league?? Instincts will take over in the heat of the moment and he will run, more chance of injury?

Teddy Bridgewater - 6'2" 214

He is a pocket QB, he has the size at the position. At times made the throws he had to. He has small hands, will that affect him??

Blake Bortles - 6'5" 232

He has the size, build, and athleticism, but can he be a pocket passer? Does he have the arm or accuracy?? Same as Johnny will he go back to his old ways and want to take off, difference is he has strength and size to take a hit

None worth a high pick. 50-50 crapshoot at best. Give me Carr in the 2nd or McCarron in the 4th if I'm going to gamble.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None worth a high pick. 50-50 crapshoot at best. Give me Carr in the 2nd or McCarron in the 4th if I'm going to gamble.

Mccarron if you watched him in college is not worth a pick in general. The guy is completely overrated, he most likely won't play a snap in the NFL. I like Bridgewater, and would take Mettenberger later.