• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who's the safest pick, most likely to succeed at QB??

QB most likely to thrive in the NFL??

• Johnny Football

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Teddy Bridgewater

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • Blake Bortles

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • None of them. I will take my chances with FA or later round QB's

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JF has that "entitled' attitude that Leaf had IMO. Doesn't bode well for him.

Johnny Manziel has a ton more talent than Ryan Leaf though. I don't condone of Johnny Manziel's attitude, he's a little punk, but he is massively talented and I think that if he keeps the turnovers down and doesn't get hurt he will be a star.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys act like JF has done nothing all offseason to make himself a better QB, some of you are just so blinded by the hate you have for him, that you don't see it. He's been working all offseason long to make himself a better pocket passer.

So did Tim Tebow.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bridgewater has to be viewed as the safest at this point as he does seem to be the most pro ready of the 3. I think he has the highest floor but the lowest ceiling of the 3 though. What you see is what you are going to get. Bortles to me has the highest ceiling as he definitely has the arm and actually I think had one of the best 4th quarter ratings of any quarterback in college football. So I think he has the clutch ability you are looking for. He just needs refined and needs to go to a good situation.

Manziel's ceiling is the lowest. There's no chance he is even a bottom tier starter 5 years from now.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys act like JF has done nothing all offseason to make himself a better QB, some of you are just so blinded by the hate you have for him, that you don't see it. He's been working all offseason long to make himself a better pocket passer.

Hate? He's a bum. That doesn't warrant hate.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have anything resembling NFL tools. It doesn't even matter that he's crazy. He will be below average at literally everything at the NFL level.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name one skill he will be above average in the NFL at. Just one.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athleticism or quick feet in the pocket. That's all I got

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually not as worried about Johnny's attitude and the brand he's created for himself. The red flags for me are his measurements and what you see on tape

1) Johnny loves to scramble and run around
- He's not as fast as he thinks he is and after the 40 he ran he's a bit slower than we anticipated. Add the NFL where guys are bigger, faster, and stronger...Johnny isn't going to be able to school defenses with his legs like he did in college

2) Johnny throws a lot of bad jump balls that get caught in college
- I call it the Matt Stafford syndrome. Matt gets away with it a lot because he has the best wr in the game and probably the best physical specimen to ever play the position. Johnny got away with it a lot in college because he had Mike Evans. But in the NFL those throws will come back to bite him.

3) Johnny's height and arm strength
- Russell is short but he has a really strong arm. When he gets protection and a window to throw it, he really zips it in there. I don't think Johnny's arm is close to that. It's good enough but it's an arm the legion of boom would feast on

With that said though I could see Johnny becoming a Jeff Garcia if he shows dedication to learning the game and improving upon his flaws

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Murray. He will be selected in the later rounds and I think he will find a starting position in a few years.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not the most talented, but I kind of agree here... a couple of reasons...a.) most likely is not going to a terrible team since he's not a top pick, b.) he probably won't have to be rushed out there.

And I think he has more upside more room to expand his game. He reads defenses really well, and is a pretty football savvy guy.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So because we value him differently we are blind. Let's flip that, you are so blind by the Johnny Football spooge you got in your eyes you can't see the truth. It works both ways. No one is hating I just don't think you actually know how different the college game is from the NFL game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think he has more upside more room to expand his game. He reads defenses really well, and is a pretty football savvy guy.

Former UGA kid...got in some trouble and was asked to leave...ultimately ended up @ LSU...I would love to have seen him finish up @ GA...I think they would've had a better chance to beat Bama in the SEC Champ game. Big arm, but has touch too.

jmo...but CLE is most likely going to do the foolish thing and take the 3rd QB off the board...Zach will be sitting there at the top of the 2nd round....with two 1st & 3rd round picks, even with his knee, they could easily afford to take him @ 35...Honestly I've never seen the Bortles kid play, but Mettenberger I like a lot...I'd rather him over Landry PIT.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former UGA kid...got in some trouble and was asked to leave...ultimately ended up @ LSU...I would love to have seen him finish up @ GA...I think they would've had a better chance to beat Bama in the SEC Champ game. Big arm, but has touch too.

jmo...but CLE is most likely going to do the foolish thing and take the 3rd QB off the board...Zach will be sitting there at the top of the 2nd round....with two 1st & 3rd round picks, even with his knee, they could easily afford to take him @ 35...Honestly I've never seen the Bortles kid play, but Mettenberger I like a lot...I'd rather him over Landry PIT.

Bortles throws a really nice ball, I just have to question the caliber of teams UCF played. How complex were they to read, what level of competition etc.. But I think he has the talent for sure.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bortles throws a really nice ball, I just have to question the caliber of teams UCF played. How complex were they to read, what level of competition etc.. But I think he has the talent for sure.

That is what I thought at first, what competitiion did he play?? But that doesn't matter much if you have thr attributes to be a good QB. Arm strength and accuracy, toughness, good football IQ and he can learn more from good coaching, and mentally strong---(that is the part of every QB will really learn in the NFL). Like Vince Young he had all the talent in the world but was mentally weak.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So because we value him differently we are blind. Let's flip that, you are so blind by the Johnny Football spooge you got in your eyes you can't see the truth. It works both ways. No one is hating I just don't think you actually know how different the college game is from the NFL game.

No, I do know. And what I see is JF doing everything he can to make himself adapt to the different style of the NFL. And from the new era of QB's coming into the NFL, the duel threat ones, he fits that mold.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not though. He'll be a well below average athlete in the NFL.

He has that WOW factor. Something you can't teach, but even if he doesn't pan out one team in the 1st 5 picks will take that to at least bring more fans to the stadium.

I'm thinking that team will be the Raaaaders.